Chapter 15

Freedom and Power

**** (Author) ****

Yixing stared at the building he had been to several times for multiple different reasons. He had a plan in mind that he thought would end this whole problem. As he entered the building, one of the SM agents he had seen before nodded and he followed the agent into the elevator and up to the top floor. The secretary of the top floor pushed a button as they walked by and a door to their left opened. Yixing knew exactly where it would take them, he had been there before.

As he walked through the door he heard the voice of somebody talking on the phone. The agent escorting him through the building knocked, recieving a loud 'come in' before he entered the room. The ruthless dictator stood only a few feet from where he stood himself, making him a bit nervous. "Ah, Yixing. Come in, I have been waiting for you." The man said softly.

"Yes sir, I have come to speak with you about certain matters that involve you and the enemy. I... have a proposition for you..."

The man smirked and stood gesturing his secretary to leave the room. As soon as the door was closed, the aura of the room became dark and a knowing smile graced the dictator's lips. "So, you've come here to try and beat me eh? Emphasis on the word try." He sneered.

"On the contrary Sir. I will beat you this time Kwon Jiyong, or I will die trying. This world has suffered enough because of you. It needs to end." Yixing closed his eyes and braced himself for the hell storm that was about to be reined upon him, but it never came. He opened his eyes to see that Jiyong was leaning against his desk twiddling his thumbs. He looked up at Yixing and raised his eyebrows. "Oh! You wanted to start now? Haha! See, I thought this was just some joke or something and I was hoping I was right, but alas... I was very wrong."

Yixing threw a hand towards Jiyong, only able to withdraw a small portion of his energy before he took action, tossing Yixing back into the wall behind him. He stalked slowly towards the man on the ground, kneeling before grabbing Yixing harshly by his shirt collar. "You really thought you could beat me? You honestly thought you had a chance? I am more powerful than you could ever hope to be Yixing." Jiyong scoffed.

"What... do you think... you're going to gain... from hurting people?" Yixing asked, slowly regaining his breath.

"You really don't know what I'm capable of do you? I could pull the soul from your body so fast that you would see it with your own two eyes before they were drained of life." As Jiyong was talking, black shadows began to emerge from the ground and circle around Yixing. One dove right for his heart, but Yixing was all too aware of what these things were and how to deal with them. They were demons; and the only way to deal with demons was to purify them. Something Yixing was a master of.

"You underestimate my power as well Jiyong." As the spirits flew rapidly at Yixing, he held out his hands, palm up as white light bloomed out of them, capturing the black demons in a strong hold. When Yixing closed his hands, the hold on the spirits got tighter and tigher until they popped, leaving only a light grey mist in the air. Jiyong stood and backed away slowly. "I guess I have underestimated you Yixing.... How about I offer you a proposition instead eh? It would ensure the safety of your friends on the other side as well as benefit us both greatly."

Yixing thought for a moment before lifting his gaze to Jiyong. "What kind of proposition?" He asked.

"Simple. You work for me, I leave your friends alone. After all, I have lost two of my best agents, you'll do nicely as a replacement." Jiyong explained.

"I can see how that would help you and your enemy, but how does that benefit me?" Yixing wondered.

"Oh right, you get to keep your life."

 

**** (Kai) ****

After Elix left, I wasn't sure what I wanted to say to Luhan. It was almost like we had never met before. He was sitting up now, but was not happy. While he was unconscious we had slipped a power suspending bracelet onto his wrist because apparently Siwon had those. It was a slim chance that Luhan would switch sides like I had. Even though I knew he didn't like SM, it is all he has ever known so getting him to go against them was going to be hard.

"Look Luhan, I know that SM is like your home and you think you're free, but trust me when I tell you, you aren't. I didn't realize it myself until I came here and saw what I was missing. Here... you can feel the love... the connection everybody has with each other. It's an out of this world feeling Luhan. I'm telling you-"

"Stop." He shouted, cutting me off.

"If you would just-"

"No!" He interrupted again. "Kai, I can't just leave! I took an oath to be faithful to SM and that's the end of it! I won't become a traitor like you!" I let him vent out all of his anger and watched as tears began falling down his face. He took a deep breath and lowered his head. "You said you would take me with you... I trusted you and you left me behind like I meant nothing... Like I was just a pawn in your escape game... Is that what I was to you Kai?! Is it?!" He burried his face in his hands, body shaking as he sobbed.

"Luhan I'm sorry. I was going to come back for you I promise. I-I just needed some time to-"

"How much time Kai?! How much time does it take to let me know that you left?! A call or text or email would have sufficed! But no. I got nothing. I had to find out from the other agents." I could see how Luhan would be upset, but I couldn't take him with me at the time. I was sent on a mission with Kris and he almost got me killed, I couldn't take it anymore. "Luhan... I was wrong to leave you, but you have to understand that I was being tracked and anything sent out would have been recieved by SM and I would be found and killed."

"Maybe that would be for the better then you traitor!" Luhan yelled as he lunged off the hospital bed and straight at me. I teleported just a few feet to the right and watched as he hit the floor. "Luhan enough! This isn't going to help anything!" That didn't stop him though, he was blinded by anger. He kept trying to attack me, and I kept moving out of the way. This was getting out of control so I grabbed his arm and teleported out of the room, right into one of the cells reserved for enemy agents.

"You can stay here until you calm down, then maybe we can talk about this, until then have fun sitting alone." Without another word, I teleported back to the infirmary and sat on the bed. My energy had been drained from using my power so much and I needed to rest for a minute. Elix walked in right before I laid down. "Where is he?" She asked.

"I took him to the prison cells. Elix, I need to rest, I'm exhausted." I said before passing out on the bed.

 

**** (Elix) ****

 

I went check up on Kai and all he could tell me was that he brought Luhan to the prison cells here at the building. I don't know where that is! I didn't even know there were prison cells here! Like what the hell?! I should find Siwon and ask him about this. Taking the elevator to the floor where his office was, I got out and knocked on his door. When I heard him say come in I barged in. "Oh, Elix. Can I help you with something?"

"Yes, you can actually. Where are the prison cells located?" I demanded. He looked slightly shocked that I knew about them, but kept composure othewise. "Who told you about those?"

"Kai did. He said he brought Luhan there and I need to question him." Siwon furrowed his eyebrows, intertwining his fingers together and resting his chin on them. He looked like he was thinking really hard. "How would Kai know about the prison cells." He said quietly. I'm not sure if I was supposed to hear that or not, but I'm guessing the latter.

"Sir? Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Well, the only people who knew about those cells were Sehun and I." He began thinking again, trying to figure out how somebody else would know about the secret cells. His eyes widened and I knew something wasn't right. "Go to control and tell them to shut down all powers within the building. Hurry." I was gone as soon as the last word left his mouth. This was serious and I was given orders.

I still didn't know what was wrong, but that could wait until everybody was safe. I teleported to the control room and blurted out the order Siwon gave me. Everybody was rushing around, turning nobs and flipping switches, then suddenly I could feel the power drain from my body, making me gasp. Now, to go find out what the hell is going on.

 

**** (Myungki) ****

I was in the infirmary with Chanyeol when all of a sudden I felt really weak. I knew what the feeling was, it was nothing new, but I wanted to know why. "Chanyeol, did you feel that?" I asked.

"What? The little bit of energy I had gained back leaving my body? Yep, definitely felt that." I sighed and told Chanyeol I would be back and went looking for Siwon. It wasn't a hard thing to do really, but getting him to explain what was going on was a whole different story. Everything is on a need to know basis with him, so getting information from him was a job for Sehun.

When I finally got to his office I found him pacing by his desk. "What is going on?" I asked.

"Somebody knows something they shouldn't. The only people who should know are Sehun and I, but somehow somebody else- Oh my god. Do you have any of Sehun's records? Birth certificate, hospital visits, training records, anything that could prove to him that he is really on our side? We are going to need all the help we can get." Siwon seemed really desperate, it was so unlike him and it had me worried.

"I have all of that stuff at my house, but sir, what is going on? I think I have the right to know considering the person involved."

"Myungki, all of Sehun's memories are in the hands of the enemy. He was the programmer for everything here and anything he did concerning this place is now in their hands. Luhan, the one Kai brought to the inmfirmary earlier, has telekinesis and he can put thoughts and images into the heads of other. He must have Sehun's memories as to where the prison cells are." Telekinesis can do all of that? I guess this situation is more serious than I thought, but what prison cells?

"What prison cells sir? And why would Luhan want to go there?"

"Don't worry about the cells. In them though, are all of the most powerful enemies we have ever captured from SM. Yixing has been trying to find a way to heal their minds for years, but hasn't yet succeeded. If Luhan sets them free, we have no chance. We could fight with everything we have and all of us would be dead or become a prisoner." Siwon's face dropped into a sorrowful frown. "We need to work quickly and get to Luhan before he does something deadly. Go to your home and get those records. Report to me immediately when you get back, no later."

I nodded and turned to go to my car, but not before letting Chanyeol know I was leaving. This is the of our story where we figure out who our friends are and who we thought we knew, but ended up being wrong. I thought for a long time about what I could have changed in the past so we wouldn't have to face these problems. Sehun didn't even remember who I, the one who practically raised him, was and it was mostly my fault. "What is wrong with me?" I asked myself as I pulled through the gate of my home.

I hadn't been here in a while and everything was exactly how I left it. As I got out of my car and walked to the front door, it felt normal, like none of this had ever happened. The only thing reminding me that this wasn't just another day was the dull ache in my chest from everything that has happened to the people I call my family. After grabbing all of Sehun's documents, I went upstairs to get the picture I kept on my nightstand. It was of Chanyeol, Sehun, and I at the park. It was my favorite picture as well as Sehun's.

I grabbed the picture, setting it carefully in my bag full of papers, but stopped when I heard the creaking sound of the stairs in my entry way. Who would be at my house? I wasn't expecting any company. No business meetings, or meetings with new clients. I readjusted my bag on my shoulder, leaning my back against the wall beside the door. The steps got closer, but walked right by instead of entering the room.

I peaked my head out after the person passed by and recongnized who it was immediately. Mustering up all of my anger I dropped my bag and flew straight at the intruder, slamming him into the wall so his chest was pressing firmly against it and his arm twisted behind his back. The sheetrock had cracked from the force of the blow, making the repair I would have to do later totally worth it. "What do you want Kris?" I growled in his ear.

"I just want to talk. I swear!" Kris yelled, letting his forehead hit the wall in front of him. I looked around cautiously, before loosening my grip slightly, but not enough so he could escape. "Are you alone?" I asked.

"Yes." I released him for a brief second so I could turn him around and press my arm across his chest, restraining him once again. "Talk." I demanded.

"Alright, jeez. Long story short, you guys are really screwed." He said bluntly. I narrowed my eyes at him, then pulled him away from the wall and shoved him back hard. "I'm serious! I came to warn you and this is how I'm treated?! You should be greatful that I'm even telling you this!"

"And you should be greatful that I didn't kill you on sight!" I replied, half ready to carry through with my threat.

"GD had Yixing and all of Sehun's memories. You don't stand a chance against him in a fight. He knows everything about you, you can't win."

"I don't believe you. Why are you all of a sudden on our side? What changed?"

"I realized how badly I was being treated and I didn't like it and I'm not on your side, I'm not going to fight with you or anything. I am leaving the country right after I leave here." Kris informed.

"Who's says I'll let you leave?"

"He's telling the truth." A voice said from behind me. I turned to see the short guy who broke Chanyeol's ribs. All of my anger came out at once and fire instinctively covered my hands and took over my senses, eyes turning red as I turned back to Kris. "You said you were alone! How can I trust what you say when you do like this?!"

I turned back to the small guy and tossed my hand towards him, a ball of fire following the motion. He dropped to the ground, effectively dodging the attack. When his knees came down on the floor, his fist made forceful contact with it as well sending a tremor through the ground and upsetting my balance. Kris got loose and pulled both of my arms behind my back an restrained me. "Just listen for a second Myungki! It's important if you want your family to survive!"

That ceased my struggling, much to Kris and the other guy's pleasure. "Thank you. Now, this is Kyungsoo, he has been helping me." Kris said, letting me go. Said boy stuck his hand out to me so I could shake it. I did so hesitantly as I listened to him speak. "I haven't been with SM very long by long enough to know they are very dangerous. They are capable of much more than you know. They do have your friend Yixing and with him they are unstoppable. Let's just hope they don't know his full potential." Kyungsoo explained.

"You killed my friend you know." I told him. "If it weren't for Sehun bringing him back, I don't know what I would have done." The look on Kyungsoo's face was filled will guilt and regret.

"I'm very sorry. I'm glad he is alive, but you need to get back to your base. Luhan is there, capturing him was a bad move on your part. That's what he wanted. He is very manipulative, so be careful. I wish you luck, but we must be going now." Kyungsoo and Kris both left, leaving me alone in my apartment. All I could think about as I drove back to the base was how much of what they said was true and how much of what just happened I should tell Siwon.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ayo!

 

Well, whoever is reading this, this chapter is a little over three thousand words. I think that maybe the longest chapter so far! If you are reading, please, please, please let me know what you think! I am really unsure of my writing skills especially on this story because nobody every comments on it to let me know how I'm doing. I really do appreciate it when people let me know what they think!

 

Byyye~!

YoYo! Editor here! First things first Autor... Great chapter wasn't expecting that. loved it! Now onto you guys! I would very much appreciate the feed back as well. If any of you guys are authors out there you know what it's like to get feed back. We really would appreciate it!