Chapter 12

Freedom and Power

**** (Author) ****

 

 

Sehun woke up feeling very stiff. He groaned, not wanting to open his eyes until he heard footsteps approaching from his left. Slowly, he opened his eyes and looked around. He saw a short male standing at his side holding what looked to be a remote. "Who are you?" He asked, but all he got in reply was a smirk before another man entered the room. "Oh good, you're awake." The man said.

 

"You! What do you want? Let me go Kris!" Sehun attempted to stand but was restrained by the leather straps on the arms of the chair he was in. "Oh Sehun. You have several abilities we find to be quite useful to us. So you have two choices, the first being you can join us willingly, and the second being the alternative."

 

"I will never join you! You must be crazy to think any differently!"

 

Kris looked in the other guys direction. "Go ahead Kyungsoo." Said guy nodded and pushed a button on the remote sending electrical currents through Sehun's body. His back arched away from the chair, fists clenching around the arm of the chair.

 

The torture continued for a few seconds more until Kris nodded to Kyungsoo who turned off the power. Sehun collapsed onto the chair breathing heavily. "Do you still not want to join us Sehun?" Kris mused.

 

"I... will never... join you..." He managed between breaths.

 

"Right then. Let's try something else." Taking a pair of sunglasses from his pocket, he walked to Kyungsoo handing him a pair as well. "Let's see if your opinion changes after this." Kyungsoo pressed another button on the remote. A whirring sound came from his other side making him turn his head in the direction of the noise. A blinding flash of light invaded his vision temporarily blinding him.

 

Suddenly his mind was wiped of all of his memory. He couldn't remember who he was, let alone his location at the current time. He blinked a few times to regain his vision, while looking around the room. "Who are you guys? Who am I for that matter?" He asked, directing the question to Kris and Kyungsoo.

 

"You are Sehun, I am Kris and this is Kyungsoo."

 

"Where am I?" Kris walked to Sehun and removed the straps from his arms.

 

"You are home." Kris began explaining. "You see Sehun, you and I are partners, we have been together for years. A few days ago you went out to gather information for the case we are working on and the other gang captured you. We sent out several agents, myself included, to search for you."

 

Sehun blinked his eyes rapidly, head still fuzzy from the previous events. "So what you're saying is that I have known you for years and I don't remember a thing?" Kris smirked

 

"Exactly. When the other gang captures an enemy, they erase their memory and munipulate their minds to think they are on their side. This being the reason you don't remember us."

 

"How do I know that isn't what you're doing now?" Sehun asked skeptically.

 

Now it was Kyungsoo's turn in acting. He walked to Sehun's side joining Kris. "It's alright Sehun, we can see how you would be hesitant to trust us, but we are telling the truth. I promise." Kyungsoo assured, kneeling to remove the leather straps that restrained Sehun.

 

The thing about Kyungsoo was that he had a warm appearance. One that makes you want to trust him, so when he looked into Sehun's eyes, it made the young man want to believe anything the older said. "Listen Sehun, we missed you so much and we wouldn't want to pressure you into believing us especially when you've been through so much. Why don't we let you lay down for a while then see how you feel." Kyungsoo suggested.

 

As him and Kris turned to walked away, Sehun stopped them. "No! It's ok, I believe you." The two smiled at Sehun then Kyungsoo left with a quick goodbye.

 

 

**** (Author) ****

 

"Has anybody seen Sehun?!" Myungki was frantically searching for the maknae of her team who had suddenly disappeared. The second Elix had told her what her and Sehun had talked about, she got worried. Sehun was never one to think things over entirely before acting on his thoughts. That's what got him into this lifestyle in the first place. Rash decisions of a scared little boy.

 

Myungki thought back to when she first found Sehun, he was badly injured and barely hanging on to what was left of his life. She couldn't let that happen again, especially not by the hands of the enemy. Gathering all of her team, she led them back to the car they came in. "Guys, this is going to take a lot, but we have to get Sehun back." Chanyeol, who was sitting in the front seat beside Myungki, knew all about the struggles Myungki had taking care of Sehun. He helped in fact, so he was more than willing to help find him.

 

"W-what if we don't find him?" Myungki whispered. "What if he's... d-"

 

"No. Myungki, don't think like that. All we can hope is that if the enemy did get him, that they had the decency to change him, not kill him." Chanyeol interupted. Myungki sighed, pulling the car to the side of the road. They had arranged to stop and park the car, continuing from there on foot so they had the element of surprise on there side. All of them got out of the car and walked around to the front where Myungki had layed out a map of the area. "Ok, I want Woohyun and Gongchan to take this route and stay until I give the signal. Head out."

 

The two did as they were told saluting Myungki before they left. "Now, Heehcul and Suho, I want you two to go over the city, using the roofs and what ever you can to stay above the ground. Don't let anybody see you or all of us are screwed, got it?" They nodded, then saluted and left, leaving Myungki and Chanyeol alone. Myungki folded the map back up and stuck it in the car before going to the back and opening the hatch.

 

Pulling out two suits, she handed one to Chanyeol. One was pants, a dress shirt, and a jacket. The other was a the same with a skirt instead of pants. As soon as Chanyeol saw Myungki's outfit he burst out laughing. "You're going to wear a skirt?" He asked. She glared at him with an unamused look.

 

"Shut up stupid, I'm a girl. Girls wear skirts." She grumbled.

 

"Yes, but I have never, in the nineteen years we have known each other, seen you wear a skirt. Not even to our high school prom."

 

Myungki rolled her eyes, then climbed into the back of the car. "I am going to change in here. Keep guard. No peeking."

 

"I can't promise anything." Chanyeol smirked before closing the door and turning around. It didn't take too long for Myungki to change, then it was Chanyeol's turn. He had a quite difficult time considering his legs were significantly longer than Myungki's and she had a bit of trouble. "That was ridiculous, I am never changing my clothes in a car again." Chanyeol whined, stepping out of the vehicle.

 

"Well, now that we look proffessional, with the exception of your crazy hair, we can go." The two walked down the street a few blocks before turning, their destination now in sight. They exchanged a nervous glance before continuing. "Are you ready for this?" Myungki whispered as they approached the building.

 

"As ready as I'll ever be. We are already way behind enemy lines."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

**** (Author) ****

 

 

Kyungsoo, Kris, and Sehun all stood in the briefing room, Kris and Kyungsoo explaining things to Sehun, and the latter just listening intently. "So these seven people are dangerous. Be careful of them, if you see them, kill them on sight. It's a kill first, ask questions later situation got it?" Kris informed. Sehun nodded, still a bit dazed from the earlier events.

 

"Who are these people again and why are they so dangerous?" Sehun asked.

 

"That is Myungki and her team of idiots. They are very powerful people, they managed to escape our facility when we brought them in for questioning. That is not very easy to do."

Sehun felt an electrified feeling in his head at the mention of Myungki's name. He winced at the sudden headache, causing Kris to halt his explanations. "Are you alright Sehun?" He nodded.

 

"Yes, I just have a slight headache is all." He stood and started towards the door. "I think I want to go lay down for a few minutes." Kyungsoo nodded, tossing the younger a key. "Room 205." He stated briefly.

 

"Thank you." He said, taking the key and leaving the room. On his way up to the room, he spotted a girl and a guy walking through the entrance of the building. Hiding behind a wall, Sehun watched them approach the front desk. They handed a file to the desk clerk before the guy left to walk around the corner and out of sight. Sehun didn't know why, but he was compelled to follow the tall guy.

 

Pressing himself against the wall, he peaked around the corner. A hand suddenly grabbed his shoulder, spinning him around.The next second he was being hugged. He shoved the person back. Finally he was able to see the face of the other person. It was the guy who was at the desk and one of the people he was ordered to attack on sight.

 

He slowly backed away, putting his hands out in front of him before swinging his arm in a circular motion above his head. A strong wind came through the hallway, causing the other guy to fall backwards. Taking advantage of the situation, Sehun placed his right hand in front of his stomach, palm down, and moved it in a circle horizontally. The wind was moving so quickly around the other guy that you could see it. The way the wind tornado was moving cut off all air supply from the guy trapped inside.

 

Sehun moved his hand faster, the wind follow suit. The other guy placed a closed fist over his own chest, pounding on it, attempting to get a breath. With what was seemingly his last bit of energy, the guy extended both of his hands, palms up, releasing bright orange flames into the fierce winds. Sehun could feel the burn against his hands, but he continued pushing the air around. The other guy did the same with his fire, burning Sehun's hands further. When the heat became too much, Sehun released the wind, causing the other to fall to the floor gasping for air.

 

"What... is... your problem!" The other guy gasped out.

 

"Who are you?! Why are you here?!" Sehun demanded.

 

"I-it's me! Chanyeol! I came to rescue you. Me as well as Myungki!" Sehun felt a familiar electrfied, painful feeling in his head. He let out a scream of pain before he fell to his knees and out, letting one name slip past his lips as his eyes closed.

 

"Chanyeol."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3/15/14

Ayo!

Hello there! I got another chapter done! So, What do you think so far? I have a feeling some people stopped reading after I edited this a lot. Anyways, I hope you have a good weekend! Also, Rinnybear (my editor) has a story called Window of Flame and I quite enjoy it, so you might too! You should go check it out! I hoped this was going to be up sooner and I had planned on asking Rinny to do it today, but she got really sick last night so I decided to edit it myself. There are probably some errors I missed, but I didn't want Rinny to have to worry about it. Well, thanks for reading!

Byyye~!