Chapter 16

Freedom and Power

Everything will be in third person from now on.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

**** (Author) ****

 

Myungki sat across from Siwon, Elix on her left and Sehun on her right. Sehun was reading through his file as they spoke. "So, your saying Yixing left us?" Siwon questioned.

"Yes, but that's not all." Myungki informed. "Two former SM agents approached me at my house. They said that if SM figured out his full potential, that we wouldn't have a chance Siwon. We need to recruit new scouts! We're going to get destroyed out there!" Siwon placed a hand on Myungki's shoulder to calm her down.

"This information isn't from a reliable source. I don't want to endanger the lives of anybody else Myungki. The fact that you guys are already getting hurt is-" Myungki cut off Siwon's speech, something she had never done.

"We are all going to die if we don't do something! We can train them! Elix and I can train them and Sehun and Chanyeol can help! If we just try we ca-"

"He's right." Sehun said, voice as calm as ever. "I don't even know how useful we would be. I mean with Chanyeol being injured and my memory could come back at any time and we don't know what will happen at that time." He argued.

"We need to exhaust all possibilities! I will not give up and have my friends and family killed because the people who were supposed to have my back left me high and dry!" Myungki turned and glared at Siwon. "You can choose to join me or stay put, but I will die protecting this city and the people I love!" Myungki stood and walked swiftly towards the door, but was stopped when Elix grabbed her wrist. Yanking her arm away, Myungki spun around to look at the other three people who were currently present in the room.

"I'm with you Myungki." Elix said, and then a sigh was heard from across the room before Sehun spoke.

"I guess I'm in too. I mean what do we have to lose?" Sehun smirked making Myungki smile. They all looked at Siwon, waiting for his decision. He sat back in his chair eyeing the three of them. "I'm counting on you three and Chanyeol. If you fail, we all die, if you win, we survive, but you have to fight to even have a chance at winning. Make me proud."

The three of them ran to Chanyeol's room and burst through the door, startling Chanyeol. His condition had improved significantly due to him being super human. He was nearly completely recovered with the exception of a few cuts and bruises. "Chanyeol! Get up! We have scouting to do!" Myungki demanded upon entering the room. Chanyeol wasted no time in getting up, wincing slightly when the stitches on his cuts pulled. This of course didn't go unnoticed by Myungki. "Actually, Chanyeol, if you aren't feeling up to this, you can just stay here. You'll be healed by tomorrow, then you can help us train the-"

"No. I'm tired of sitting in this room and doing nothing. It's boring and I want to help, I'll take it easy." Chanyeol promised. Myungki sighed and shook her head.

"Your stubbornness is going to get you killed one of these days, you know that?" Myungki laughed. Chanyeol scoffed and ruffled her hair making her scowl.

"Don't you remember? It already has." He smirked. Myungki did not find that as amusing as Chanyeol did. She didn't like that fact that she almost lost her best friend. "Ya, I remember Chanyeol. Let's go, we have a limited amount of time."

 

 

The four of them were now walking down town, each with a stack of files. Each file contained information on a different person they were looking for. They had used their agencies data collection system to find multiple people with special abilities. All of them stopped at the corner of an intersection to converse before separating to search. "Does everybody have all of their files?" Myungki asked. They all nodded.

"Good. It's eleven o'clock right now, meet back at HQ at approximately three o'clock. If there is any problems contact me and I'll be right there. Understood?" Once again everybody nodded and went their separate ways.

 

 

**** (Sehun) ****

Sehun was walking down the street looking through a file folder when he ran right into somebody, making both of them drop everything they were holding. "Ah! Sorry!" The girl said, dropping to her knees to help Sehun pick up his stuff. Picking up the files he was reading, she looked over them nonchalantly before handing them back to him. "Are you a spy?" She asked.

"No." Sehun responded before apologizing to her and walking away. She scoffed at his behavior, than ran to catch up with him. "Hey." She said tapping his shoulder.

"What?" He didn't even turn to look at her; he just kept reading the files.

"You didn't answer me. Are you a spy?" She asked again, grabbing his arm to stop him. He sighed, rolling his eyes and closing up the file. Giving her a deadpan look he removed her hand from his arm, before leaning down so his head was at the same height as hers. "Listen. I'm not a spy. Stop following me. I'm busy and I don't have time for your nonsense." He walked away once more, hoping she wouldn't follow him this time, but to his dismay she did.

"I can help you! I know some of the people in your folder!" This made Sehun stop dead in his tracks and look at her.

"What would you know about what I'm doing?" He asked. "Get lost."

"I do know though!" She said continuing to follow him. "I know you are looking for other supernatural like yourself." Sehun grabbed her and pushed her into the nearest ally.

"How do you know what I am?" He growled through his teeth.

'Cool it Sehun. Don't let her get to you.' He thought to himself.

"So your name is Sehun?" The girl smiled at him. He raised his eyebrow at her.

"How do you know my name?" He demanded. 'Who the hell is this girl?'

"I'm Sunmi! I'm telepathic. In case you were wondering, I can read your mind." Sehun shook his head and pulled a pen from his pocket then looked over the list of people he was searching for; her name wasn't on it. He wrote her name at the bottom, then handed her a card with an address on it. "Meet here at six o'clock and you'll get all the answers you’re looking for." He walked away for last time, ready to go find some more people.

 

 

**** (Elix) ****

People . That was all Elix could think as she walked through a college dorm hall. It was dorm for boys and it smelled of sweat and . She received suggestive looks from several guys as she walked down the hall. One guy in particular though stared at her as she walked up to him. "Can I help you with something hot stuff?" He asked, smirking at her.

"Yes." She smiled. "You can stop gawking at me and tell me where I can find Lee Junghwan." Her gaze became threatening and the guy just smirked.

"You can find him in room 212, on the second floor. As for the first one, that is a big negative. You are just too fine to keep my eyes off." Elix kept her smile on, and then moved so she was standing beside him. "Try and keep your eyes on me while I do this." She said before she winked.

"What are yo-" In one motion she adjusted her files, then kicked his feet out from under him while pushing down on his shoulder, shoving him into the ground. When he hit the ground, the sound made everybody looked staring. "Maybe you'll think twice before you disrespect a woman like that." She smirked and walked to the room the guy on the ground told him about. 'Stupid college kids.' She thought as she knocked on the door. "Come in!" She heard, and then opened the door. She stared at the guy lying face down on the floor.

"Uh, what are you doing?" She asked, setting her files down on the table near the door. The guy stood and walked over to her and stuck his hand out in greeting. She hesitantly took it; shaking it briefly before dropping hers back to her side. "I'm Junghwan. And you are?" He tilted his head to the side waiting for an answer.

"I'm Elix." She said. "Would you mind coming with me for a little while?"

"Ya, but where are we going?" He wondered. "Just follow me." Elix ordered. As she turned to exit the room the door slammed closed, surprising her. She turned back to face him, eyes wide as she stared at him smirking at her. Crossing his arms over his chest, he leaned against the nearest wall. "Where are we going?" He repeated.

"How did you do that?" She asked eyes still wide.

"Do what? That thing with the door? Oh, that wasn't me; there must be a breeze through here to something." He assured. Of course Elix didn't believe him, but then again Elix didn't ever believe anybody except Myungki and occasionally Sehun when she felt like being nice.

"Listen here you little punk. You have two choices. Come with me or I'm going to have to kill you. And it will not be a pleasant death. It will be slow and painful." She threatened.

"Look, all you have to do is tell me where we are going and I'll follow you. Willingly. No arguments." His wager was quite tempting, but Elix was stubborn and irritated.

"You don't get to make wagers!" She yelled. She looked around the room to see a textbook laying on one of the beds. Acting quickly, she pointed at the book, and then swung her arm at the other. When she released the book, she was surprised to see it remaining in the air where she released it. Her gaze went back and forth from the hovering book to Junghwan. "What? How are you-?"

 

"Confused?" He laughed. Elix nodded. "Don't be. I have the power to mimic other powers. It's actually pretty simple."

"So... you took... my powers?" She muttered.

"No! No. I didn't take your powers, not at all. I just copied them in a sense." He explained.

"Right. I'm going to go now." She said, pulling a card from her pocket. "Come to this address at six o'clock tonight. We could really use your help." With that, Elix took her files and left, but not before thanking Junghwan for his time.

 

 

**** (Chanyeol) ****

Chanyeol swore up and down to himself that he was pretty sure he was being followed. But every time he turned around to look, not a single familiar face presented itself. "I'm going crazy." He whispered under his breath.

"I wouldn't say crazy." A voice said from beside him. He jumped, screaming in surprise and looking at the person next to him. As soon as he realized who it was, he glared and growled lowly. "What the Jongdae?" He yelled.

"Sorry Chanyeol." Jongdae chuckled.

"I thought you were leaving and never coming back." Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at the other guy, laughing slightly. Jongdae followed Chanyeol down the road as he searched for the address in the first file. "So, what are you doing here Jongdae?"

"Um, I heard about the predicament you are all in and I want to help... Honestly though, I don't know if Myungki would want me around. I know that when I left she told me to never come back, but... I couldn't let my family get hurt." He admitted. Chanyeol sighed and stopped walking, then grabbed Jongdae's arm.

"If you are sincere, Myungki will know. So I hope you are being true. Go back to base and wait there. We'll be back soon." Jongdae nodded and turned to walk away, but stopped when Chanyeol called his name.

"Yeah?" He answered, turning around.

"I'm glad you're back."

 

 

**** (Myungki) ****

For a girl who fearlessly ran one of the most widely known mob cartels in the city, Myungki was scared. She had faced maleficent criminals, yet now she feared for her own life and the life of her loved ones. Before, it never really occurred to her that even though she had powers, she could still die. She had never been so worried about the safety of those around. She had already recruited three others to help them fight against GD and she wasn't planning on quitting any time soon.

She groaned loudly and tossed her head back as she walked down a familiar street. Her head suddenly shot up when she heard the rumble of a car she knew she had heard before. Looking around, she saw a shiny, black nova rounding the next corner. Her eyes widened as the car's tires squealed as it took off. She took off running into the nearest alley, bullets clanked off of everything around her, burrowing deep into whatever they hit. The car sped off quickly until it was no longer in sight.

'What the was that all about?' She thought, heart beating wildly inside her chest.

She hesitantly stood and examined her surroundings, making sure she wasn't going to get shot at again. Once she thought the coast was clear, she took to the sky to head back to base. 'Looks like the hunt is going to have to end sooner than I thought.' Of course this wasn't her decision, but the blood coming from the bullet wound on her left thigh kind of put a damper on her plans.

 

 

**** (Jongdae) ****

Jongdae sat in the lounge at his old agency, catching up with old colleagues and waiting for Myungki. He was about ready to leave and try again the next day until he heard a commotion from the other side of the door. Four people barged through the door, three of which I recognized, but one girl was unfamiliar to me. All of them were yelling at Myungki to calm down and telling her not to make irrational decisions. Jongdae cleared his throat, trying to get Myungki's attention, but it went completely unnoticed.

"Uh, Myungki?" He said quietly. Again he got no response. His voice was drowning out by Myungki's hellish screaming in the background. Nobody could hear anything over it and they were all trying to calm her down. She was shouting something about being shot at and how they needed to take action immediately. At times like this, everybody remember why Myungki was in the occupational position she is in. When she gets angry, all of her sense and judgment is clouded with the hatred of her past and the emotion completely takes over.

Jongdae knew that if anyone got in her way, they would be hurting pretty badly, but not him. At least that's what he thought. Even though he had left them all behind, he had still been part of their little dysfunctional family. "Myungki!" He finally yelled over Myungki's rant. "WHAT?!" Her response caused Jongdae to hunker down a little, but he smiled nonetheless. When Myungki realized who it was standing in front of her, her feature softened from anger to sadness in no time.

"What are you doing here?" She asked, limping over to him. She had yet to have her leg checked out; the adrenaline outweighed the pain, so it didn't affect her.

"I heard about what's going on and I-"

"Stop. We should talk in private." She suggested, cutting him off. He nodded and followed her to a different room. As soon as the door to the other room closed, Jongdae tried to speak, but was surprised when Myungki locked him in a tight hug. He sighed and hugged her back. "Welcome home." She said.

"It's good to be home." He whispered as a response, before closing his eyes and tightening his grip on Myungki. A smile spread across his lips as the love of being back with family warmed up him. "It's really good to be home, Sis."

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo!

So, I forgot that I finished this chapter sometime last week... I had a lot going on, but I hope you enjoyed anyways.

Byyye~!