Chapter 20

Freedom and Power

Hey, so if you want an explanation for why I haven't updated sooner, read the note at the bottom.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

**** (Author) ****

Myungki being kidnapped again was the last straw to be pulled before an all out war erupted. The outcome wasn't going to be pretty and everybody knew that. There would be death, injuries, and loved ones lost. This would be a battle of no mercy and no remorse for the enemy. The problem with the enemy is that most of them don't even know who they really are or what they are doing. They are all mindless, brainwashed zombies who only knew how to follow instructions from none other than GD himself. Myungki and her team knew this all too well because they had been dealing with them for years but what they didn't know was just how many innocents GD had recruited while they were training.
  
*The Battle Rages On*
The wind blew at unbelievable speeds, almost like it knew what was coming in the near future. Troops were rallied, soldiers hell bent on vengance, heated to the core with firey rage. Everybody saw it coming, yet nobody prepared enough for the massacre about to unfold. There was really no proper way to be ready for a battle royale against two rivals that have been fighting since the beginning of time. 

The humans were the least expectant of the battle; all curled up at home to avoid the harsh weather. It's only natural though considering the humans don't even have a clue these people exist. While readying for battle there was not one person void of fear. Everybody was scared. Stress had clouded normal thinking, taking a toll on them mentally. Just think about how you would feel charging into battle for the first time in your life with minimal training.  For some though, the affect was opposite. They were hyped and ready to defend the innocent. 


At a little past four in the evening GD and his squad made their first appearance. They tipped cars, broke windows from store buildings, and injured several citizens. By the time Myungki got there, there was already a lot of damage. Myungki gave orders to fan out and search for the rest of the maggots harming their town and that her and Elix would take care of GD. After seperating for the group, Myungki flew through the vacant streets of downtown with Elix on her back, searching for GD. "There!" Elix shouted as he came into view. The two grounded themselves and began walking towards GD who was bent over the lifeless body of a woman. Her eyes were still open but they were black and looked like her soul had been out through them. 

"When are you going to stop harming innocent people?" Myungki shouted, gaining GD's attention.

"When are you two going to stop trying to ruin my plans?" He responded, dropping the body to the ground.  Cracking his neck, he walked closer to the duo who had stopped walking. A smirk crossed lips when he stopped only a few feet in front of them. "You can't stop me now. I have enough power to end you both! More power than ten elites!" He let out a low, maniacal laugh that would have put the Joker to shame. 

"Oh shove it! We'll fight to the death if we have to! You won't get away with this!" Elix retorted, lunging towards GD with purpose. With a single wave of his hand she went flying through the window of a bakery near by. While GD was focused on Elix, Myungki jumped at him, pinning him down by the throat. Her hands heated until they were engulfed in flames. GD screamed in pain at the firey  grip around his neck. His scream died off into a laugh, then cut off as he glared at Myungki. "Do you even know what I am? Fire can't harm a demon, you dimwitted woman!" 

GD shoved Myungki back forcefully, tossing her a few feet before standing up and dusting off his pants. "I'd love to stay and play but I have some souls to take so I must be on my way." GD said and leaned his shoulders forward slightly as giant black wings that resembled a bats grew from his back. All Myungki could do was stare in shock. How had she not known what he really was? It seemed he knew everything about her and Elix, yet they knew nothing of him. He flew away, the wind off his wings flinging debris all around Myungki. It wasn't until he was out of sight that she remembered Elix.

Scrambling to  her feet, she ran to where Elix was thrown to find her laying in a heep, covered in glass and blood. "Elix!" She yelled, kneeling beside her. "Elix! Come on, get up! Please!" 

Elix stirred slightly, then groaned and opened her eyes. "Wow. I was not expecting that..." She said, sitting up.

"Be careful.You're in a pile of glass." Myungki warned while helping her stand and pick the glass out of her skin. 

". We really need to do something about him." 

"You think I don't know that, Elix?! , we're going to to die." A harsh slap across the face shocked Myungki. Elix stood staring at her with daggers for eyes.

"You're not supposed to say that!" She screamed. "You're our leader! You're supposed to tell us everything is going to be alright and that we'll make it through this!" Elix was breathing heavily, eyebrows furrowed and fists clenched. Myungki sighed and dropped her head.

"I'm sorry, Elix..." The two made eye contact and Myungki smirked. "Let's kill this ." 


**** (Chanyeol) ****

Chanyeol never thought he would meet his match, but the guy he was currently fighting was wearing him down. It was like this guy never tired out. He swung a fire covered fist towards the guys face, successfully landing a punch on his jaw; burning the skin there. The guy just turned back towards him cackling wildly. Chanyeol watched as the burn healed within seconds. "You're a..."

"I'm a what?" The other asked. "A vampire? I'm surprised it took you so long to figure it out. I'm Kyuhyun, you're Chanyeol. Let's get this over with." Kyuhyun lunged at Chanyeol, pinning his against the hood of a car. He moved his hands up to Chanyeol's throat and tightened his grip. Chanyeol tried to wriggle free but it was useless. Vampires were unreasonably strong and hardly anybody could escape their grip. Kyuhyun's hands tightened a bit more, completely cutting off Chanyeol's air flow. The latter struggled with all his might until his face was almost purple and his vision was blurring. 

The next few events went in extreme slow motion. 

The grip on his neck was released. 

Somebody had a hold of Kyuhyun's head.

Kyuhyun's head was ripped from his shoulders.

As Chanyeol tried to regain his breath, Sehun's face came into his view. "Are you ok?" He asked but Chanyeol barely heard it; his ears were still ringing. Still coughing and wheezing, Chanyeol stood up on wobbly feet. "What... took you... so god damn... long?" He growled.

"Sorry, I got caught up with something!" 

" you, man. Let's kill these bastards and go home." Chanyeol said. He looked around to see if anybody was in the area but luckily they were alone. 

"It looks like it was just a small group. Let's get going before mor-" Chanyeol's speech was cut off by a water droplet hitting his forehead. 

"Before what?" Sehun asked. More rain fell from the sky in mass quantities. It was a trenchal down pour and they were stuck in it. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have to fight the biggest battle of their lives in it but no, life had to be an and make it worse. "We need to find Myungki and Elix to see if they have taken care of GD yet." Sehun nodded and the two went to search for their friends. As they were about to leave a voice stopped them in their tracks.

"I'm gonna have to say no, they didn't take care of him." 
 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Um... Hi?

I'm sorry I haven't updated in a while. I know you probably get that a lot from other authors as well as myself but I just want you to know it's not totally my fault that I haven't updated sooner. Like three weeks ago, roughly, I asked my mom to help me rearrange my room so I could have a better spot for writing and stuff but when we were about a quarter of the way through we had to take my dad to the hospital. In April he had a heart attack and he started having chest pains again so we took him in. It turns out he had to have open heart surgery and was in the hospital for a week. That means I was responsible for my siblings and the house. Rinny can speak for me! I promise I'm not a procrastinator!

 

Anyways, I will try to have the last few chapters up in the next week or two, key word in that sentence is TRY because I have school and chizz. So thank you for sticking with me through this terrible story (like i'm surprised this has subscribers).

Byyye~!