Chapter 13

Freedom and Power

****(Sehun) ****

 

 

Oh god. My head feels like I got hit by a truck. My eyelids felt like lead, I couldn't open them. I tried moving, but the pain was too much. I groaned, reaching up to place a hand on my forehead. What happened to make me feel like this? I rubbed by eyes then finally managed to pry them open. Looking around, I saw that I was in a white room. I had been here before, I just couldn't quite remember when or where it was.

 

The door creaked open, revealing the same tall guy I had a confrontation with. "H-hey. How are you feeling?" He asked.

 

"Before I answer any of your questions, I want you to answer some of mine first." I demanded. The guy nodded, moving to my side. I sighed then turned to face him.

 

"What the hell is going on? I don't remember anything before yesterday evening when Kris found me. Why do I keep getting headaches and blacking out? Where am I? Who are you and Myungki and why does Kris want you two dead?" I could tell he was a bit confused with the questions I was asking. It was almost like he thought I should know this stuff. Should I know this stuff? I didn't even know what was fictional and what was reality anymore.

 

"You really don't remember anything do you?" He asked with a sigh. I shook my head, wishing I knew what was going on.

 

"Listen Sehun, incase you don't remember, which I assume you don't, my name is Chanyeol. Yesterday, you went missing and we started looking for you immediately. I don't know what Kris has told you, but you can't believe him." This is all too much. First, I have Kris telling me I should believe him and Kyungsoo, who is very convincing. Then, I have Chanyeol doing the same thing, only less convincingly.

 

"I don't know what to believe anymore. I don't remember anything, I already said that. It doesn't matter who is telling the truth because I can't remember. Right now all I want is to be alone." I couldn't help but get frustrated, but I mean who wouldn't in this situation.

 

"Being alone was what got you into this trouble in the first place! You knew how dangerous it was to go out by yourself, yet you did it anyways. Of course you did always have a compulsive nature to you. I'm not saying you're burdensome, not in anyway, but you always make decisions without thinking and it's going to get you killed some day. It's a harsh reality, but it's true."

 

This guy was making things so much harder. He spoke with such sincerity, like he had known me forever. And for some reason that fact and the fact I couldn't remember anything made my chest ache.

 

 

**** (Jongin) ****

 

After I was released from the lab, I was able to walk around on close watch. I was walking passed a room on a random floor when I hear Chanyeol talking to somebody. I peaked through the small window on the door and saw that it was Myungki's youngest member he was talking to. They were talking about why Sehun couldn't remember anything. I knew exactly why. I had heard some of the lab workers talking about how he had been been captured by the enemy and him not remembering is the result of one thing and one thing only.

 

At that second, Chanyeol shoved the large metal door open, nearly hitting me in the process. "Yelling at him won't help. His brain waves have been scattered so he won't remember anything, not even his own name." Chanyeol scoffed at me, not believing I was telling the truth.

 

"Why should I trust you?" This guy was so stupid. Really.

 

"Do you seriously not remember that I used to work for them? Ok, so in a way that makes me seem extremely untrustworthy, but what I meant was I know how this works. They used it on several agents at SM and I can almost guarantee they used it on him too."

 

I waited patiently while he thought about the information I had given him. Sighing, he ran a hand down his face. "How do we get him back to normal?"

 

"Well, what's his most fond memory? Or something he loves very much. It will help stimulate his brain to remember who he is. I'm not saying he will remember right away, but unless you have a brain wave unscrambler thing, then it's your best bet." Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at me, smirking like an idiot.

 

"Brain wave unscrambler thing huh?" He said. He was mocking me! What a jerk.

 

"Yes. Ok? I never learned the technical term because that wasn't exactly my field of work, so leave me alone. I'm helping you, remember?" He apparently didn't care that I was helping him because he was still laughing like a child. I am so done.

 

 

**** (Chanyeol) ****

 

I guess this Jongin guy isn't too bad. He was helping me with Sehun and I have come to find out that he isn't as much of a hard as he wants people to think. I still wasn't too sure why he so suddenly switched sides which kind of made me weary of him. He didn't really have a reason to be helping us. Did he think it would prove to us that he truly was on our side? Maybe he was just a really good actor. Nevertheless, Myungki trusts him so I went with her judgement.

 

I had found out from Jongin, before we went to get Sehun, that the power suspending bracelet could only be removed by valid dog tags from SM. I was still wearing my bracelet when we arrived at the building so I was worried about getting caught and not being able to fight back. To my luck though, I managed to get Sehun's tags before he attacked me so I could sort of defend myself.

 

Myungki was really worried about Sehun. She practically raised him, so to say she was upset was an understatement. Things were going to get better. At least I hope so, we have all been through too much for things to backfire now.

 

 

**** (Author) ****

 

An alarm sounded throughout the building, alerting everybody that there was an intruder on their territory. Everybody took position, ready to fight if necessary. On a radar in the control room, several red dots appeared on the screen. "Send out some scouts to survey the area!" Myungki ordered. "Nobody is to enter this building!"

 

As the seconds passed, more points showed up on the radar, sending the alarm into a frenzy of beeping. Myungki pressed a black button on the control panel effectively silencing the sound. "Yixing! We need you on standby!" Without wasting any time, the doctor of the building, who coincidentally had the power to heal people, rushed passed everybody to the top floor. "Jinyoung! I want you and Gongchan on the top floor as well!"

 

Nobody even tried to get a word in between orders. They just did as they were told, no questions asked. Chanyeol, who was standing by Myungki's side, began working on the computer, pulling up the security camera screens. "Myungki. You might want to take a look at these." He said calmly. She quickly made her way to his side, examining the monitor in front of her. Her eyes were greeted with the view of what seemed to be a small army making it's way towards their base.

 

Grabbing a headset from the shelf above her head, she tried calling to Gongchan, who she knew would have his walkie talkie on. "Gongchan. How are things looking up there?" A static, crackling sound was heard before the response.

 

"There are a lot of enemies boss. Elix is here with us. What are our orders?"

 

"Tell Elix to get down here! Now! If they get her it's all over." Myungki ran a hand down her face. 'Where is Siwon when you need him?' She thought. The ground shook slightly making everybody look up. "Everybody remain calm and quickly, but carefully make your way to the top floor." All at once everybody stood and began walking swiftly to the stairs as it would be too dangerous to take the elevator.

 

Myungki and Chanyeol were the last ones left on the bottom floor in the control room. Another wave shook the foundation of the underground building, cracking the walls. The two exchanged a look before standing and making their way towards the stairs. Both ran with all of their strength and energy, eventually making it to the top of the stairwell. Every worker of the building was on the top floor waiting for further instruction.

 

The shaking continued along with a new sound. A pounding on the main door. "Everybody! Take position and be ready!" Myungki commanded. The double doors flew open, almost coming unhinged. Without a second of hesitation, a large group of guys flooded into the room, causing everybody to spring into action.

 

There wasn't a single person who wasn't engaged in battle. Flashing lights and screams of pain were everywhere, but didn't phase anybody. They all just kept fighting. Myungki went head to head with a short guy with a round face. His attacks were strong, but they wore him out easily. Icicle spikes shot up from the ground leaving Myungki little time to be able to react, hovering just a few inches above the sharp ice. Melting the ice, she landed back on the ground, throwing attacks back at the guy named Xiumin.

 

Elix had sought out Luhan, knowing he was there. She walked up behind him and set her hand on his shoulder, spinning him to face her before sending a fist into his youthful face. His retaliation was immediate. He went to grab her, but was stopped by a hand closing around his wrist. "Kai! What are you doing?!" Luhan demanded. "Let me go you traitor!"

 

"I'm sorry Luhan. This is for your own good." Kai quickly went for Luhan's right shoulder, pressing firmly on a pressure point right behind his collar bone, sending him falling to the ground. "Come on. We need to get him out of here before he wakes up." He told Elix who was staring in shock. The two of them carried Luhan, one of his arms over each of their shoulders, to the recovery room where Yixing already had his hands full.

 

Chanyeol wasn't any better off. He was testing his luck with Kris again. Chanyeol would throw a flame only to have Kris dodge it by flying out of the way just in time. They were getting nowhere until Kris got cocky and Chanyeol got pissed. Kris had waited just a bit too long to get out of the way and Chanyeol threw his flame just a little faster than usually hitting Kris' left shoulder, knocking him down.

 

A shorter guy ran over to Kris, ramming his shoulder into Chanyeol's ribs before helping Kris. Chanyeol was tossed back a few feet, landing on his back. Kris nodded to the short guy before giving him an order and Chanyeol was just close enough to here it. "Get everybody out of here Kyungsoo. I'm capable of getting out of here by myself." Kyungsoo nodded, standing up and slamming his foot into the floor. The building rumbled once more and everybody retreated back to the doors.

 

Chanyeol tried to get up and go after them, but a sharp pain in his side prevented him from moving anywhere. The enemies were cleared out of the building and Myungki was running to Chanyeol he was laying on his back, his breathing quick and shallow. "Yixing!" Myungki screamed, eyes wide with fear. "Yixing I need you!"

 

"Chanyeol? Can you breath?" He didn't give an actual answer, he just gave a small, pitiful smile before closing his eyes. Tears were streaming down Myungki's face. Chanyeol was getting pale in the face and his breathing was becoming more labored. Yixing finally managed to make his way to his side, kneeling and placing his hands on Chanyeol's chest. Before Yixing could start his healing process, the worst thing imaginable in Myungki's eyes happened.

 

Chanyeol's breathing ceased.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ayo!!

So, finally getting into the hardcore stuff!! The fighting and the dying. Ya, I didn't really mean to kill Chanyeol, but my fingers followed where my brain told them to go and this was it. I would never intentionally kill off my bias!! He's too amazing! Ask Rinny! She will vouch for me. Anyways, thank you for ready!!

Byyyee~!!

Author Here!

I didn't mean to kill off Chanyeol..... Says the Author. BUUUULL! I will never vouch for a traitor! SM FOREVER! GD LET US KICK SOME SIWON BOOTAY!

Nah I'm just playing. Now we have *Girly Baekhyun voice* LUHAAAAAAN! yay... He is now ours! Muwhahaha!

Yup so much CUUUUUUTE~ Have a great weekend guys. Bubye~~~~