Chapter 17

Freedom and Power

People were piling into the already small room located at the address they were all given. Some of the were middle aged, but the majority of them were younger. Each and every one of them were curious as to why they were gathered here and their questions were about to be answered. "Listen up everybody!" Myungki shouted, effectively silencing the hushed chatter that enveloped the room. "I want to start by thanking you all for being here today, but we don't have enough time for full explanations so you have a choice to make right now, and depending on your decision, you will have to blindly put your trust in us."

There was murmuring amongst the group until Elix spoke up. "We know all of you have supernatural abilities, so it's no use trying to hide it from us. That is why we asked you all to be here today. We need your help and it's crucial for the survival of all of you, your families, and the city." An uproar caused the four standing at the front of the room to be silenced. People were asking how they knew and what they wanted from them. "How do we know you're not from some government agency, wanting to run tests on us and stuff?!" One guy asked, standing on his chair.

The four at the front of the room exchanged looks, before facing the crowd. Elix was the first to act, extending her arm towards the guy who spoke. The hat that sat on top of his head lifted and moved so it now sat on Elix's head. The next to move was Chanyeol. He smirked as his eyes turned red and the image of a fire phoenix appeared on them. He blinked then raised a closed fist to the crowd, slowly opening it to reveal the bird engulfed in flames resting peacefully on his palm.

The crowd was in awe as the phoenix grew to stand nearly seven feet tall beside it's creator. Sehun moved to stand on the other side of the bird, moving his hand in a circular motion, palm facing the ground. A breeze went through the room and began circling the fire bird. The flames got smaller and smaller until they eventually diminished completely, leaving behind only a pile of ash. Myungki winked at Elix who pointed to the the lightswitch.

All of the lights shut off and the next thing everybody knew, a bright flame was moving quickly around the room near the ceiling. You could hear gasps of amazement as the giant flameball settled in her orignial spot. The lights came back on to reveal Myungki entirely immersed in flame, eyes glowing a bright red color. As the flames died down, her eyes went back to their natural color.

"Now everybody listen!" Myungki shouted over the loud whispers. "If that wasn't enough to convince you we aren't any form of government wanting to test on you, what is? We are running out of time here people! Now is the time to make your choice, either you stay seated or walk out now. I won't try to stop you." She said, then turned to face away from everyone, gesturing for her three companions to join her.

There was a deafening silence before the four could hear feet shuffling lightly.After a minute or so, all of them turned around to see nearly half of the people had left. "." Chanyeol mumbled under his breath. "A lot of them left." Myungki smiled and placed her hand on his back.

"It's alright, at least some of them stayed. We are in no place to turn down help." She comforted, then walked to the edge of the stage. "Listen up! You have until tomorrow night to fully make up your mind about whether you are in or out." Myungki snapped her fingers and Elix wrote an address on the whiteboard behind them. Pointing at the board, she looked over the faces in the group. "If you decide you would like to help us. Come to this address by tomorrow evening."

That was the last thing said before they all linked arms and disappeared, leaving behind a thick, black mist and a group full of confused people.

 

 

 

**** (Author) ****

 

The next day, Myungki and Elix were waiting in the conference room for Chanyeol and Sehun when a young looking girl walked in. "Um, hello. I was at your little meeting thing yesterday and I wasn't sure where to go so I just came here." Elix looked at Myungki skeptically.

"Right and how did you know where this place was?" Myungki asked. The girl laughed, scratching the back of her neck.

"Well, you see the funny thing about that is, I kind of read the mind of one of the agents who was scouting... for... uh new recruits and he was thinking about this place, so I decided to find it! Aaaand here I am." She smiled at the two as she stood at the head of the table. Just as Myungki was about to further question the girl, Sehun and Chanyeol walked in. "Him!" The girl shouted, pointing to Sehun.

"Me what?" He asked, not really paying attention to the person accusing him.

"I read your mind and found this place." She informed like it was no big deal. Sehun looked up as he realized who the familiar voice belonged to.

"What are you doing here?" Sehun asked, glaring at the girl. She just sighed and asked why it was such a big deal that she was there.

"You need to leave and go to the address you were given at the meeting last night. You can't be here." Sehun said

"Listen, I can help you! I can go into the enemy base and get their strategy plans! Really! I'm good at-"

"No. Go Home."

"But I can-

"I said no."

"If you just let me talk-"

"Enough." Myungki demanded sternly. "You aren't going anywhere near the enemy base! If you want to join us and help with the battle, you're welcome to do so, but I don't want anybody else getting hurt." She stood to leave the room, only to be grabbed by Elix.

"Maybe she has a point Myungki. I mean, she could get quite a bit of information out of them through their thoughts." Myungki jerked her arm away, not even turning to look at the others in the room, then set her hand on the door handle. "This conversation is over. It's not happening, I don't want anymore blood on my hands." Turning the door handle, she walked out of the room, ignoring the pleas for her to come back and talk.

She walked down the hallway thinking that a girl whose name she didn't evenknow who wanted to risk her life to help them. 'She doesn't even know my name.' Myungki thought. 'Why would she even want to help us in the first place?' Sighing, she walked to her room and flung herself on the bed. "What am I going to do?" She mumbled to herself.

"Well, for starters, we can go meet those new recruits and start training them so we are prepared if the enemy attacks." A voice suggested in a calm tone. Myungki sat up, finding Jongdae standing a couple feet away from her. She looked at him like he was crazy, then stood up again to get a drink. "How did you even get in here?" She asked. With a laugh, Jongdae followed her to the little kitchenette that was in the room.

"It's not hard you know. That and Chanyeol gave me his key." He smiled at her as she laughed at him, but his smile faded a little when he remember what he had said before. "Listen Sis, we seriously should head over to the warehouse and start training those rookies. SM could attack any minute and we have little to no deffenses."

"Your right. Let's go." She agreed and the two of them went to gather the others and head over to start training. As they made their way back to the conference room, Myungki was trying to decide if she should let the girl from earlier help them or not. When they entered the room again she told the others what was going on, then started leading them out of the room. Before all of them made it out of the room, Myungki turned to the girl and asked what her name was. "It's Sunmi, ma'am."

"Right. Well, are you coming with us or not?" Myungki smirked as a smile brightened Sunmi's face.

'Oh, what am I getting myself into?'

 

 

There was a greater turn out of people than they had expected. Myungki, Elix, Sehun, and Chanyeol along with Jongdae stood up in front of about fifty people examining the group talking amongst themselves. They were all called to attention by Myungki who shouted over them. "We have little time to talk, so I'll just get down to the point. You will all be seperated into groups of around ten, and each one of either my collegues or I will be apointed as your leader." She pasued for a moment to look down at the ground before continuing her speech.

"Your training won't be easy. For some of you it will be harder than for others. You will learn how to use your abilities in a stategic and skillful manner to help you fight. That being said, you should probably know why you are being trained in the first place. The five of us up here, as well as some others, are involved in a sticky situation and we are going to fight our way out. People will die and people will be injured, there is no doubt about that, so I will give you one more chance to leave."

She stood in silence waiting for people to move, but nobody did. They all just exchanged glances with each other, seeing if anybody would leave. Myungki sighed in partial relief and regret. She was glad they all wanted to help, but they were so young. She was hoping at least a few of them would leave. "I thank you all for the sacrifice you are making, but you all understand that there is the possibility that you could be killed right? That you might not make it out of this alive?"

She saw several of them nod before one boy stepped out of the crowd and place a hand over his chest. "Hello. My name is Yoseob. My power is electricity. I haven't quite mastered it yet, but I hope with your help I can became more comfortable with my ability. I am willing to give as much time and energy as it takes to become better. I will follow you until the end, leader." The kid kneeled and bowed his head. Myungki was shocked at the kids sudden speech, but crouched next to him and pulled him up so he was standing again.

She patted his back and hugged him, thanking him quietly for being so brave. "Alright!" She shouted, pulling away from the young man. "Here's how we will be seperating you into groups!"

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Ayo!

This is kind of short, I apologize. Also,  Thank you to Rinnybear, she is my editor and she helps me with story ideas when I get stuck. *whispers* She also writes stories! Check them out! If you're reading this and have been wondering why the heck I haven't updated it's because I thought I had, but I didn't. This had been sitting on here for over a month now. Sorry.

That is all!

Byyye~!