Chapter 18

Freedom and Power

"New recruits?!" GD screamed, making Yixing flinch. "So, they think they can beat me do they?" He scoffed.

"Maybe it has nothing to do with you. Did you ever think of that?" Yixing retorted, moving to gaze out the window while GD continued his rant. It wasn't like Yixing enjoyed being there, he actually hated it, but he thought it would keep GD at bay long enough for Myungki and the others to come up with a decent plan of action. Apparently it had worked because Myungki had recruited new scouts and was doing well in training them. "They have Luhan locked away in a cell. What do you think will happen if he escapes?" Yixing asked.

"Luhan is not even a concern of mine. He was stupid and careless enough to get caught so he has to deal with the consequences."

"Well, he will continue to follow you, just so you know. You should treat him with more respect." Yixing had a point. Though Luhan said he would leave if Kai did, he never thought Kai would actually do it, so he thought it was safe to say a little white lie. "You're probably right, but I have no time or patience for kindness."

 

**** (Kai) ****

 

"What is your problem?" Kai yelled as Elix threw him to the ground for the third time in a row. She turned to their group, gesturing to Kai, who was now kneeling beside her. "This is a perfect example of what not to do in a hand to hand combat fight!" She turned to Kai and hoisted him up by his arm. Kai glared at her before speaking to their students.

"It doesn't really make a difference if you are smaller than your apponent, never assume you have the lower hand just because you're smaller. If you know how to fight, nothing else matters. You don't even have to know how to fight. Even just redirection of your apponent's attack could save your life." He explained, as he and Elix demonstrated.

"Alright, who wants to be a volunteer?"

 

**** (Myungki) ****

 

"Chanyeol, there has got to be a better way to do this." Myungki groaned, fighting off another student.

"What better way to learn than hands on experience. I mean really, here it is a week into training and look how much they already know." Chanyeol had a point. They were learning quickly, which is how one of the students was able to flip him onto his back so easily. "How did you do that?" He asked the kid.

"You were distracted. I saw my chance, so I took it." Chanyeol gave the kid a deadpan look.

"No teaching the teacher." He said. "Yes, Sir."

Myungki laughed as she helped Chanyeol up. "What's your name?" She asked the kid. "Jongdae." He answered. "Or Chen. Whatever." Myungki nodded, then turned back to Chanyeol.

"I think we've had enough practice today." He agreed with her and the two decided it would be a good time to end practice for today. As everybody was preparing to leave, a loud bang made them all look around. "What was that?" Myungki asked, checking the room for anything, or anybody, that had fallen or been knocked over. When nobody answered, she looked at Chanyeol who just shrugged and shook his head in confusion.

They heard it again coming from the door. Everybody held their breath as the sound became louder and more frequent. "Everybody be prepared to fight!" Chanyeol ordered, moving to stand beside Myungki in front of their students. One more hit and the double doors were caved in. A second hit and the doors flew off of there hinges. Standing in the doorway was Luhan, accompanied by two other men.

The first, on Luhan's left, was Baekhyun. His small appearance is very deceptive compared to his powerful ability. Light. As harmless as it sounds, Baekhyun knew how to manipulate it to be deadly. He had willingly joined SM simply because he enjoyed making people miserable. That was the reason he was supposed to be locked in a prison cell and getting him there in the first place was not an easy task. Chanyeol would know. He had done it once before.

The second guy, on Luhan's right, was Xiumin. Standing shorter than Baekhyun, he was no less of a threat. Having the power of frost meant that with one single look in your eyes, he could turn you into a life size ice sculpture. Along with that came icicles sharper than any knife you could ever find flying at you at high speeds. So why they didn't have them under closer watch was a question in both Chanyeol and Myungki's heads. "Three against three. I like those odds." Chen said from beside Chanyeol.

"What are you doing? Get back!" Chanyeol demanded in a harsh voice, but it didn't waver Chen's fighting spirit.

"And miss a good fight? In your dreams! I live for this!" He chuckled. Chanyeol grumbled, telling him to be careful before he focused his attention back on Luhan who was making his way towards the trio, his two followers in close tow. "Decide to try your luck at losing again Luhan?" Myungki said.

"Harsh blow, but no. This time I aim to win." Luhan scoffed.

"Your aiming a bit too high there buddy." Chen cut in, surprising everybody except himself. Luhan looked over at him and smirked.

"What's this? You guys brought the kids to play? How cute. You're like one big family right? I bet that's why Kai left us, to be part of a family he never had." Chen returned Luhan's smirk. Was this guy serious? He looked like a fairy! There is no way he could do any real damage. Or so he thought. The next second was really just a big blur. A large object flew across the room, knocking into the back of Chen. Said boy fell to his knees, wincing at the pain in the back of his head. Shaking it off, he stood and stretched his arms above his head. "That's a little weak for my standards, what do you say we kick it up a knotch?" He suggested.

Suddenly electricity shot out of one of the light sockets, zapping Luhan, sending him back a few feet. Once he stabilized, he looked up at Chen. "Not bad, kid." Myungki walked to where Chen stood and pushed him back a little bit. "What are you doing? He is too powerful for you!" She whispered harshly.

"I'm fine, really. This isn't the first time I've fought you know. I can handle it." He informed. She hesitated a bit before nodding and returning back to her spot.

"Are you done with your little mother-son conference? Or would that be you and Sehun?" That struck a nerve in Myungki. Although it wasn't an insult, she could sense the teasing tone in Luhan's voice. She was one wise crack away from killing this guy where he stood, or at least trying her hardest. "Well, that used to be the case anyways before he forgot all about who saved his from loneliness and starving to death." There goes the last straw.

Myungki flew directly for Luhan, arms outstretched ready to choke him. Something stopped her, leaving her falling to the ground along with shards of something cold and hard, like shards of ice and that's exactly what it was. Xiumin had effortlessly stopped her with a simple swipe of his hand through the air, creating a wall of ice. As she regained her bearings, Luhan had made his way to her side, pulling her to her feet. Snapping a familiar power suspension bracelet onto her wrist, he looked to Baekhyun, who flashed a a bright light in front of her face, causing her to fall unconscious.

For Chanyeol, everything happened in a matter of seconds and by the time he could react, it was too late. Luhan was running away from them. He started to chase them, but Baekhyun suddenly turned around and flashed the same bright light he flashed at Myungki at them. All of them dropped to the ground simultaneously, except Chanyeol. He tried to keep going, staggering forward with a hand shielding his eyes. The pain in his eyes and the ringing in his ears soon became unbearable as he dropped to the ground, hands covering his ears, eyes clenched shut, but it wasn't enough. The cold hard ground was all he could feel before his mind went blank.

 

 

**** (Elix) ****

 

"I wonder how Myungki and Chanyeol are doing across town." Elix wondered aloud as her and Kai returned to headquarters.

"I imagine they are fine. They can handle themselves pretty well from what I've seen and heard around here." He answered.

Elix hummed in agreement. "You're probably right." She said.

Thunder met them at the entrance of the building. "Hey guys. Where's Chanyeol and Myungki?" He asked. Kai and Elix exchanged glances.

"What do you mean? They aren't back yet?" Kai questioned.

"No, I thought they were with you."

They were about to assume something bad had happened, when a very dazed looking Chanyeol practically fell through the door followed by an unknown person. "Chanyeol! What happened?! Where's Myungki?!" Elix yelled. He just shook his head and rubbed his eyes.

"They took her." The unknown kid answered. "Who are you?!" Elix demanded.

"I'm Chen. I'm a student, I helped him get back here, I don't think he can see yet." He informed.

"What happened?"

"Well we were practicing like usual, then we started hearing this big banging sound. Three guys came in, some Luhan guy and two others, one had frost and the other had light. Luhan knew how to get under Myungki's skin or something because he made her mad, like really mad and she attacked him. Long story short, that was his plan and he has her now."

"Why didn't you guys do anything?!" Elix was infuriated, tossing her hands in every direction.

"We couldn't! One guy, the one who can manipulate light, he blinded everybody to the point of unconsciousness."

Elix eyed him suspiciously. "Why weren't you affected?" She asked, not letting down her gaurd.

"I was, but my power is electricity, so I am used to bright flashes of light and my eyes adjusted more quickly."

Kai groaned, attracting everybody's attention. "I think I know who the two guys are."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This story is coming to an end soon, in like two or so more chapters. Thank you for reading and if you commented or upvoted I appreciate that too.
 

Byyye~!