Chapter 22

Freedom and Power


Myungki had been flying for several minutes before she saw GD casually walking through the empty parking lot she had mentioned to the others. Had he known right where she wanted him? His long, black wings were folded against his back. They were quite ugly if you asked Myungki. "You've reached the ends of my gracious patience, you insulant woman." GD said as Myungki landed on the ground behind him. "When will you and your idiotic friends realize that you can't defeat me? Just scamper off like the scared children you are, you'll have a better chance at survival that way." He scoffed, waving a dismissive hand in her direction. Two black creatures, that appeared to be made of black smoke, rose from the shadows and slowly stalked towards Myungki while GD just stood idly in the background watching. She really hoped the others would get here soon.


**** (Sehun and Elix) ****

Elix and Sehun appeared in the main lobby of their headquarter building and you could tell that the place had been ransacked by the enemy. Papers scattered the floor, desks were overturned, and some unconscious people were laying on the ground here and there. "Oh my gosh..." Elix whispered, bringing a hand up to cover . "Sehun, I know you don't remember these people... but they-"

"No. I-I do... I remember all of them..." He sighed. Seeing all of these people, people who had cared for him when he needed it, injured and unconscious jarred something in his brain and brought back his memory. Elix bit her lip and sighed. "Sehun, I'm really sorry but we need to get moving or a lot more people are going to end up like them." Sehun nodded and walked off ahead of Elix in search of Hoya. 


**** (Chanyeol) ****

Chanyeol was getting irritated. This was a big city but there were only so many places a person could be. Woohyun was generally a relatively easy person to find but leave it to him to disapear when they needed him most. Finally after too many minutes, he came across the vampire fighting off several enemy agents. The agents had their backs to Chanyeol, giving him a huge advantage and he wasn't one to pass up good opportunities. Staying low, he slowly got closer to them before going in for the attack. Swinging his right leg out, he tripped one of the agents before engulfing him in flames. While the other two were focused on what Chanyeol had been doing, Woohyun stealthily creeped up behind them and knocked their heads together. The two fell to the ground, unconscious.

Chanyeol grabbed Woohyun by the wrist and started dragging him to where Myungki had told them to meet. "No time to explain! Myungki needs us!" He shouted, running as fast as his long legs would allow. Woohyun didn't question him but ran ahead and was now the one dragging Chanyeol. "Where are we going?" Woohyun asked.

"The vacant lot!" 


**** (Myungki) ****

Myungki had defeated the two small demons GD had called upon to attack her. Now GD was standing in front of her, arms crossed over his chest, smirking at her. "I'll admit, I'm impressed. You're talented but you chose the wrong side unfortunately. Now I have to kill you." He laughed.

"We'll see about that." She said as her team got there just in time. GD wasn't at all surprised and if he was he didn't show it. Sehun and Elix had appeared with Hoya just as Chanyeol and Woohyun had run around the corner."Ah, I see... You've brought the whole family. Great! Now you can watch as I take the lives of each one." GD growled. None of the were actually prepared for the fight ahead but how prepared can you be knowing you could be dead within the hour?

The wind was still blowing hard and didn't show signs of stopping any time soon. Sehun took position behind everybody as Hoya and Woohyun moved closer to GD. "You know what your doing, don't you?" Hoya asked skeptically earning a smirk from Woohyun.

"Of course." He said. The two turned their attention to GD and stared hard. As soon as they caught his gaze, all of their concentration went into keeping it there long enough for Sehun to work his magic. "Jiyong-ah... You don't have to do this you know?" Woohyun spoke up. 

"What would you know?" Said man asked, trying his hardest to look anywhere but at Woohyun. 

"More than you think..." He informed, catching the demon's gaze once more and holding it. It gave Myungki enough cover to move to Chanyeol who was waiting for Sehun's go to make a move. Myungki nodded at Sehun who began moving his hands in a circular motion, redirecting the wind to swirl around GD, who was too focused on Woohyun and Hoya to notice. 

He pulled as much wind into the vortex as possible before he began moving his hands faster. The dirt and debris from the lot started getting picked up as the speed of the wind increased. GD started to feel short of breath and that was enough to pull his attention to Sehun. Sehun noticed this and worked harder and faster to speed up the wind more. "You're going to be the first to die!" GD screeched at Sehun and tried to fly out of the center of the circle. His wings were disrupting the flow of wind and pushing Sehun to his limits as he worked even harder.

"Guys! Do something!" Sehun demanded. Elix immediately held her hands in GD's direction and pushed down. GD wasn't affected much until Chanyeol and Myungki started blasting him with fire. The flames were swept around in the wind making it difficult to see but somehow GD still managed to get out of the vortex. He let out a loud screech, sending all of them flying back several feet. 

Sehun was the first to recover, demanding that everybody get back up and fight until they couldn't anymore. He immediately got back to creating a vortex, the previous one still moving slightly. The others rushed to try and further distract GD. "Elix! Use your levitation! Help Sehun!" Myungki demanded.

"How?! Do you expect me to levitate air?!" She asked but suddenly the idea sounded genius, even if it sounded ridiculous out loud.

"I don't know! Just do something!" 

Elix ran to Sehun's side and took a deep breath before mimicking Sehun's hand motions. The wind suddenly picked up and GD, who was previously flying, was having difficulty staying in the air. His wings started shaking then folded, sending his barreling to the ground. "Now!" Sehun yelled at Myungki and Chanyeol, who began lasting the vortext with fire again.

You could hear the strangled screams of the demon inside as the air was literally pulled from his lungs and his human body was burned. Once the screams stopped, Myungki and Chanyeol let up on their fire enough to see that GD was gone. All that remained was a pile of black ash. 
 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I don't think anyone realizes how hard this was to write... Not the story or anything, just the typing portion. So the letter b on my laptop keyboard stopped working so I have to copy and paste every single time I need the letter b! Ridiculous!! So ya... If anything is missing the letter b, that's the reason...

 

Anyways! One more chapter and this terrible story is over!

 

Byyye~!