Chapter 1

Freedom and Power

**** (Myungki’s POV) ****

 

I stared down at the large building below, waiting for the signal to blast it to pieces. I heard static on my walkie talkie, then a deep voice "Alright Myungki, you have a thirty second clearance. Have fun boss" Well here goes nothing. I closed my eyes and concentrated hard on the dynamite attached to the base of the building. I saw a small spark and that was my que to get the hell out of there. The building neighboring the one I was currently on was about to blow and I didn’t want to be near it.

I ran to the edge of the building and leapt over the side, freefalling for a minute before catching myself. I just hovered for a second to watch the display some would find disturbing. As pieces of the building flew, a symphony of crumbling and screaming went with it. "Job’s done" I said into the walkie talkie, then flew away.

 

That'll teach 'em.

 

**** (Mystery POV) ****

 

I observed this girl, Myungki, who I was sent after. My boss warned me that it wouldn’t be an easy job, but I accepted it anyways. This small girl could be any match for me. There is no way somebody her size could be as powerful as I am.

I jumped up and took off after her across the sky. As I approached her she looked back and widened her eyes. Looking forward again, she sped up. She was faster than I thought so I sped up along with her. I got closer and closer then grabbed her leg and stopped. She fought against me for a minute then, unexpectedly turned quickly around, shoving me downwards by my shoulders. She flew at an overwhelming speed toward the ground. Only moments before we hit the ground, she pulled back and flew up, keeping her iron grip on my shoulders.

I looked at her eyes and they were red. Only somebody with the ability to control fire could make their eyes red. This girl can not only fly, but she can create and control fire. I was screwed to an extent of the word.

We were still moving rapidly higher and higher until we stopped abruptly. "Jesus! Are you trying to give me whip lash?" I screamed in her face. She only glared and released my shoulders. I moved backwards slightly just to put some reaction time between us. "Who are you and why are you following me?" She spoke calmly.

"Who I am is not your concern. And for the following thing, I am here to bring you to SM Institute for special beings like you, who have powers, but you don’t only have one power though do you?"

"Since I’m assuming you know the answer to that, let me make something clear" She folded her arms over her chest and got really close. "I’m not going with you so you can tell whoever sent you to off!"

I took advantage of her close proximity and carefully pulled a syringe filled with sedative out of my coat pocket. "Why don’t you just tell him yourself?" I smirked, then jabbed the needle into her neck, injecting all of its content into her bloodstream. I watched as she struggled to keep her eyes open. "W-what did you- "Her words were cut short as her eyes rolled back and she started falling. I raced after her and finally caught her around the waist.

Well I can’t say this is the first time I’ve had to catch a falling unconscious person because I injected them with sedative while in the air.

Well I could, but I would be lying.

 

**** (Elix) ****

 

Video games are supposed to be fun. Why am I so bored? The knock on my front door saved me from dying of boredom, which I don’t even think is possible. Looking through the peephole, I saw a taller guy with dark skin and a young kid who looked around thirteen. I sighed and opened the door. "Can I help you with something?"

The kid smiled and stuck his hand out. "Hello, I’m Luhan and this is Kai" He said gesturing to the taller man. "Right. Do you need something?" Kai stepped in front of Luhan and smirked "Only you" Psh, as if. "And what makes you so sure you can have me?"

"Other than the sedative needle in my pocket, nothing" Luhan shoved him out of the way. "He’s kidding, we just need to talk to you for a minute, so do you want to take a drive with us?" I looked passed them and saw a white SUV parked out on the curb. "I don’t think so. This Kai figure is weird, you being a kid is weird, even your car is suspicious"

"First off, I’m not a kid, I’m twenty-two. Secondly, our car is a white SUV, how is that in anyway suspicious?"

"It just is! Now leave me alone" The look in Luhan’s eyes went from cuddly and cute, to deadly. I slammed the door and locked it. I walked into the kitchen and Kai was sitting on my counter kicking his feet. I eyed him suspiciously. "H-how did you get in here?" I asked stepping back. "Just a little teleportation, nothing new to you though I’m guessing"

"Guess not" I teleported so I was face to face with him and swung my fist towards his face. He vanished from his spot ont he counter sending my fist flying at the door of my cupboards. Suddenly behind me, he wrapped an arm around my neck and used the other to bring the aforementioned sedative needle to just below my chin on the left side. Just as he thought he had won, the needle flung across the room and almost hit Luhan as he walked in. He tossed his hands up, catching it before it jabbed him. If he didn’t have telekinesis, he would have been out for the count with a strong sedative flowing through his veins.

Luhan flung it back towards me. I jumped out of the way and dropped to the floor. After a series of punching, teleporting, and flying objects, all three of us collapsed onto the kitchen floor. Everybody was panting and gasping. "Can we… take… a break?" Kai asked between breaths. Luhan and I just nodded. We all managed to pull ourselves to the living room and sit on the couch. Luhan cleared his throat "So I think we may have gotten off on the wrong foot"

I glared at him "You think?"

"So how about this, we will take you to SM and if you don’t like it you can leave" Kai suggested. I pondered his idea for quite some time. I finally looked back to Kai, "Take me to get ice cream first and I will" Kai facepalmed "No. We are not getting ice cream"

"I didn’t say we, I said me"

"This is not up for negotiation"

"Then I’m not getting into your suspicious SUV"

"Let’s go right now" Kai demanded, reaching for my arm "No!" I screamed and smacked his hand away. "Why not?!"

"Because you won’t get me a puppy!"

"What?! I thought you wanted ice cream!"

"Ooo, Good idea let’s get ice cream" Kai rubbed his temples then ran a hand down his face. "If we get you ice cream will you please be quiet and go with us?"

"Oh my gosh you said please, I didn’t think you had a polite bone in your body"

"Just answer the question!" He yelled. I smiled and nodded then looked at Luhan, who was laughing hysterically as his partner stormed out of the house. "Come on… uh … What’s your name?" He asked "Elix"

"Alright Elix, let’s go get ice cream" I nodded and followed him to the car. I figured he would know my name already, I mean he was sent after me. Guess they don’t brief their employees well.

 

**** (Kai) ****

 

This Elix girl is wearing my patience thin, fast. I don’t know why Luhan didn’t let me sedate her in the first place. We were currently sitting at an ice cream place in Yokohama waiting for this brat to finish her ice cream. I was beginning to get impatient. "Alright you have your ice cream, can we go now? " I explained

"What? Oh! Hah, I’m not going with you." Luhan choked on the water he was drinking. I clenched my fist and slammed it on the table. "We had a deal!" I growled "Yes, but see, I have a dog to take care of." She stood up and started towards the door. "Stop her Kai!" Luhan yelled "How? We have tried everything!" Luhan smirked at me then stood up. "Not everything" I was about to ask what the hell he was talking about when I heard a thud. "Ow! !" I heard Elix scream.

Elix was on the floor rubbing her forehead. I flashed Luhan a what-the-hell look. He walked over to her and pulled her off the ground by her arm. I watched in awe as a violent Luhan jerked her back to the table and shoved her down. "Jesus Luhan, I have never seen you act so aggressive." All he did was glare at me, then look at Elix. "Elix, close your eyes" He demanded.

"Why should I?"

"So I can explain to you, calmly, what is going on. I will close mine too." Luhan smiled and closed his eyes. After a few moments Luhan opened one eye to see Elix with both of her eyes closed. He slowly and discreetly pulled a sedative needle out of his pocket, then swiftlty yet quietly moved closer to Elix and jabbed it into her upper arm. "You !" She screeched as her eyes shot open.

Her eyes started fluttering, then she slumped in her chair. I stared at Luhan in shock. "H-holy Luhan! When did you grow balls?!" I shouted gaining more unwanted attention. "Just about the same time we decided to tote around a psycho bimbo who doesn’t know how to shut the up" He huffed

"Oh my god Luhan"

"Let’s not make a big deal out of it"

"Well sorry. It’s just… that I have never really seen you act like that." I said, still shocked at his actions. "As true as that is Kai, we should probably get going before she wakes up" I nodded, then picked her up and walked to the car. "Let’s get this bull over with and go home" Luhan said with a sigh. "Agreed."