Chapter 8

Freedom and Power

**** (Chanyeol) ****

 

Myungki grabbed my arm holding me back from the rest of the group. "Not you Chanyeol, we need to talk" She said firmly. I slowly turned to face her. She looked worried. "W-what do you want to talk about?" She sighed, then sat down on the concrete floor, patting the ground next to her signaling me to sit. I complied without argument, shivering when exposed skin hit cold pavement.

 

"What's up with you today Chanyeol?" She questioned bluntly. "I know something is wrong, I mean in the nineteen years we've known each other you have always been able to get out of any situation. What happened." The seriousness in her gaze weighed heavily on my conscience. "I don't know. I thought I could handle myself, but I guess I was wrong. I have never encountered something like this thing before." He said holding up his wrist, showcasing the bracelet hanging there.

 

"I know. I hadn't either, until Kris snapped one onto my wrist when he captured me." She grabbe my wrist and examined it for a few seconds before dropping it.

 

"Come on. I bet you can get this off, no problem." She stood and grabbed my arm, pulling me up from the ground, then towards the door. I followed silently, letting her drag me where ever we needed to go. "Where are we going?" I asked.

 

"The lab." I gave her gave me a confused, nervous glance. She just shook her head and laughed. "Calm down. Nobody is going to cut off your hand or anything. I just want them to analyze it." On the way to the lab we ran into one of the lab specialists. He also said he had never seen anything quite like this before.

 

As we walked through the doors to the lab, I saw Kai, the one person I never wanted to see again. Whether he says he's changed or not, I don't trust him.

 

**** (Jongin) ****

 

As soon as Myungki's guys brought me to their base, I was transported to a lab. They poked and prodded me with needles and did all kinds of tests. Then I was left sitting in a room by myself, free to think about the decisions I had made in the last twenty-four hours. I hadn't been sitting for long when I heard the door open. I looked up to see Chanyeol and Myungki standing in the door way, Chanyeol glaring holes through my head.

 

"What are you doing here?" Myungki asked.

 

"I-I was told to stay here and wait for you."

 

"Well, I am here now. We have business to take care off so just sit there until we're done." She demanded.

 

"Yes ma'am." I sat quietly until I saw them messing around with the power suspending bracelet. It looked like they were trying to take it off. "Guys!" I shouted. "Don't do that!"

 

"Why not? And I thought I told you to be quiet." Myungki was just as stubborn as I had heard, questioning everything.

 

"Listen, I know you probably don't trust me right now, which I understand comepletely, but if you don't have a control beakon to remove the bracelet, your powers stay trapped inside of it forever, or until GD gets his hands on the bracelet, then you can never get them back. Only on rare occasions will he give you your powers back and usually that involves a large sacrifice on your part."

 

"I don't understand. Mine and Elix's bracelets just came off and we still have our powers." I sighed, running a hand down my face.

 

"In that case it's different. Somebody hit the release switch, turning off all of the bracelet's."

 

"So how do we get Chanyeol's off?" I didn't want to tell her she couldn't, but it was the truth. I didn't have my tags with me, so I was basically useless in this situation.

 

"That's tricky. You see, the bracelets contain demon powers which, when put on a the wrist of somebody who has non-demon powers, sends off jolts of the demon powers attacking your powers and dragging them back to the bracelet. In turn, since most our our energy is in our powers, drains us of energy."

 

The both of them looked at me in awe. "How do you know all that?"

 

Did she really just say that?

 

"I was on their side remember? All of us have to know how those damn things work before we can carry them."

 

I heard a scoff from Chanyeol and looked over just in enough time to see him roll his eyes. I felt bad about earlier, I really did, but it was my job. I understand why he would hate me, but I have wanted to getout of there for a long time, I just needed my chance and I got it. I didn't even question it.

 

"Alright guys, I have to run an errand really fast. Chanyeol, don't mess with the bracelet. Kai, don't go anywhere. Both of you... just... don't kill each other please." We both nodded and watched her leave the room. As soon as the door closed behind her, Chanyeol set his glare on me. "I really don't like you."

 

'Trust me, I already know.'

 

**** (Sehun) ****

 

 

This Kai figure Myungki brought in seemed interesting, like he had two sides. I'm not sure why, but he seemed trustworthy. Usually any person brought in from GD's side is confused and disoriented, but not him. At first I couldn't wrap my head around it, but I did some reasearch and found out that only three people were there by choice, Kai being one of them. I guess he got sick of it, but then again who wouldn't?

 

The others are all under some kind of spell. None of them even remembered who they were. All they knew was what they had been told. Their name and that they were made to take orders. I haven't figured out what causes them to be like that, but I planned to.

 

 

**** (Myungki) ****

 

 

After leaving Chanyeol and Kai, I went straight to the lowest floor of the underground building we were in to talk to Siwon. When I got to his office I knocked softly on his door. "Come in!" I heard from the other side. I entered the room and instantly felt a jolt of power. His power. He was the most powerful of all of us. A battle between him and GD would be like World War Three.

 

Nobody knew exactly what GD was, but they knew he was powerful and that was apparently enough to scare them. The only one who truly knew what he was, was the man sitting in front of me. "Hello Myungki, I've been anticipating your arrival." I was shocked to hear that and slightly honored.

 

"Well, thank you sir. Might I ask why?"

 

"You, and the other young girl who accompanied you here, are very special. I don't know if you know this, but you are very powerful." I nodded. Of course I knew I was powerful. If I wasn't, I wouldn't have escape SM. Siwon pulled me out of my thoughts with something I had never really thought about before. "I don't think you know the extent of your powers though."