Chapter 9

Freedom and Power

**** (Author) ****

 

Elix lay on the floor of the training room, breathing heavily. "Why do we have to do this~!" She whined. "We have powers for a reason!"

 

"Your powers will only get you so far you know. What happens when your are in the middle of battle and your mana runs out? What then? You can't always rely on your powers." Siwon was correct of course, but Elix was not having it.

 

"What?! That can't happen! Can it?" Siwon laughed and knelt beside her. "You have a lot to learn. Experience only gives you some knowledge you know?" She nodded and got off the ground, as Siwon left he room. Stretching her arms above her head, she walked over to her trainer. "Alright. I'm ready to go again!"

 

Her trainer, Kangin, was one of the oldest and wisest of everybody, aside from Siwon. He could teach even a person with no powers to wield some sort of energy. He focused the majority of his time and energy into finding and helping those who don't know how to control their powers. "Now Elix, I want you to spin in a circle. Look around slowly and take note of every single item in the room."

 

Doing what she was told, she slowly began to rotate herself, remembering anything from the smallest pencil, to the large exercise equipment on the other side of the room. Once her view reached Kangin again she nodded letting him know she was fully aware of what was around her. "Good, now close your eyes." She did so without question. "Now, think of one item you saw and move it."

 

Her eyes shot open. "I-I can't. I have to be able to see what I'm moving."

 

"See it inside your mind, picture it moving across the floor." Nodding, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. She pictured a lamp at the far back of the room. In her mind the lamp flew across the room and shattered against the wall. She opened her eyes and looked at the lamp, but it was only a few feet from where it original sat. "I did it!" She yelled, pulling everybody's attention to her. "I really did it!! Let's do it again!"

 

Elix tried and tried for hours to throw things more than just a few feet, but she couldn't. That was until she got frustrated. "I can't do it!" She yelled, throwing her hands up. As her hands went up, so did everything in the room. She realized what happened only a second later and froze, keeping her concentration. "Oh my god." She whispered. "How in the hell am I doing this?"

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Myungki was in the room beside Elix, training harder then she ever had before. Chanyeol sat on a chair in the corner, watching her train. He still had the power suspending bracelet secured on his wrist, much to his aggitation. Flying wasn't a problem for Myungki, but controlling her fire was a whole other story. "Myungki concentrate!" Siwon yelled to her.

 

"I'm trying!" She responded, slightly frustrated. "Stop." Siwon ordered. Myungki didn't argue, but collapsed onto the floor.

 

Siwon sighed. "Listen to me Myungki. I know this is hard and you won't get it on the first try, but you need to concentrate. What do you feed off of? What brings your mana to it's highest point?" Thinking over the question for a minute, Myungki closed her eyes and steadied her breathing. She pictured, in her head, the memories of her and Chanyeol as kids. Images and mental video clips ran through her mind of them running around together.

 

A smile made it's way to her face as she opened her eyes. Standing, her eyes flashed red. "Let's do this."