Chapter 23 (Last Chapter)

Freedom and Power

Double update!! If you didn't read chapter 22, you need to!


They wanted to see a fight to the death and that's exactly what it was. Dismembered bodies were strewn across the battlefield, the smell of blood and death hung thick in the air as if it were released like oxygen from the trees. Only a handful survived the massacre that would mark the biggest day in history. The day the dark force would cease to exist. Many were killed, several injured, but none of it was in vain. Those people would go down in history as heroes. Some who died, died innocently at the mercy of GD. They hadn't even known their true identity, just the names they were given when theirs were so cruelly taken from them against their will. Now only five stood, staring at the remains of the man that once spelled their doom. 

Elix staggered forward holding her injured arm. She stopped a foot away from the pile of ash that marked GD's place of death and spat on it. "That'll teach you to with us, you bastard." She mumbled, wiping a bit of blood from under her nose.

"We did it... We actually won..." Sehun whispered. He too had been bloodied in the battle, a long cut stretched from his shoulder to his elbow on his right arm. Myungki, whose head and leg were bleeding, staggered foreward. "I don't know. Something doesn't feel right."

Just as she had predicted, something was wrong. GD's human body was gone but that didn't mean the demons inside of it were. Two of them burst from the ground where GD's ashes were, going for anyody within their reach. One of them lunged for Sehun, catching him in it's fiery claws. "Die peasant!" It screeched and, before anybody could even take a breath, twisted his neck unbelievably far around and decapitated him. 

"No!" Myungki yelled and ran at the demon. Flying up into the air, she dropped onto it's back and ripped it's head off, giving it the same gruesome death it had gifted Sehun. It's body crumbled into a pile of ash before it even hit the ground.

Meanwhile, Elix and Chanyeol had a problem of their ownto deal with. "What is this some kind of boss level?!" Elix asked, dodging the other demon's attack. It was keeping a good eye on her and Chanyeol, whose power of fire was practically useless against the beast. Elix now had to protect him and herself which was proving to be a difficult task.

She took her eyes off of it for one second to see how Myungki was fairing with the other one and suddenly she was pinned against the asphalt. Chanyeol ran over to try and help her but she protested. "Chanyeol! No!" She tried to warn but it was too late. The demon had sliced through Chanyeol's body in no time at all, like he he was made of paper. He lay there in a bloody heap trying to make his voice work but his attempts were futile as he stopped breathing all together.

Elix was livid. She kicked and threw punches at the monster above her but it wasn't phased in the least bit. It just laughed in her face. "Your soul will be mine for dinner!" It cackled, flinging acidic saliva all around Elix.

"Not... today..." She grunted then flung here left hand out and quickly back towards the demon. It was confused at first until a fallen street sign implaed it through the chest, it's red eyes turning black as it's remains of ash covered Elix. She stood up and rushed off the ash from her body the walked to Myungki. "I guess it's really over now. At least I hope it is." 


Myungki closed her eyes, leaned her head back, and hummed. When she openedher eyes again Elix was nowhere in sight. In fact, nothing was in sight, it was all black. Reaching her hand out, it hit a hard surface and she ran her hand along it searching for the release switch. When she found it she pressed it and the lid to her pod opened. She was a bit dazed at first until she looked around and saw all of her friends.

"Well it's about time! Did you have to kill me so brutally by the way?" Baekhyun laughed and helped her out of the pod.

Looking around she saw back in the familiar blue room with several other pods like hers. Elix hopped over to her and high-fived her. "Dude, we totally kicked !" Everybody happily discussed the events that had occured until a knock was heard from the door at the far end of the room and a man dressed in a black suit entered. "So everybody, how was the game?"  

 

 

 


"So... Explain this game to us Mr. Lee."

"Ah, of course. So, the game is a virtual reality game. When you first start out you're given a back story and a role. Every time you play you get a different role and back story so the adventures are endless. One time you could be a soldier fighting a raviness battle and the next you could be some heartbroken teenager trying to figure out life. The beta testers have brought a few minor errors to our attention but its a quick fix and the game is ready for release."

"What about the betas? Did they enjoy the game?"

"Oh, yes. Thoroughly enjoyed it, Sir." 

"Well then... fix the minor details and I don't see why the game can't be released, let's say... March 16th? What do you plan on calling this game anyhow?"

"Freedom and Power."

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well! The story is over! Done! Complete! 

 

Thank you so much to anybody who read/commented/suscribed/upvoted! It's appreciated very much! Now with that being said... I will never write another chaptered story ever again. I have written several oneshots and been at least a little satified with them but this is a monstrocity! Ah jeez! Well, that's all, have a good day/night/evening (depending on where you are in the world).

 

Byyye~!