Chapter 10

Freedom and Power

"What are you? Stupid?" GD scolded Kris. "You are supposed to be my best agent! I was counting on you and Kai to capture those two es!"

 

"Did you count on Kai suddenly switching sides?! It was four against one, I had no chance! If I fought I would have died!" Kris retorted.

 

"You should have at least tried you incompetant twit!" GD stood from his chair,slamming a hand onto his desk in the process. He took a deep breath and sighed. "Looks like I am going to have to replace Kai now as well." He continued. Picking up his phone, he dialed his receptionist, asking her to send in the new agent.

 

A rather short guy walked in who didn't look like he belonged in this line of business. "Kris, this is Kyungsoo."

 

Kris nodded his head as a greeting, then turned his attention back to GD as a sign for the older man to continue speaking. "Now, as you know Kai was one of our best agents, Kyungsoo is in a lower division, but he knows what he is doing. He only needs a small amount of training, and that I am leaving to you." Kris opened his mouth to protest, but was silenced when GD raised a hand to him.

 

"No arguments. I'm sure Kyungsoo would be more than happy to replace your sorry if you refuse my orders. Isn't that right Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo smirked, crossing his arms arrogantly over his chest. "Of course sir."

 

"Well Kris looks like you have a new partner, now get going before I suspend all three of you." Kris rolled his eyes before rushing his new team out the door.

 

"Let's get a few thing straight here." Kris began. "One, I am the leader of this team or whatever you want to call it. You aren't replacing Kai, you're just-"

 

"Isn't your old partner a traitor?" Kyungsoo asked cutting of Kris' words. "No. And he wasn't my partner, we just worked together sometimes."

 

"But GD said he switched sides, I believe the technical term for that is traitor." The younger guy challenged.

 

"Believe what you want, he isn't a traitor, he just broke away from whatever spell that cretin GD had him under." Kyungsoo tilted his head in curiosity.

 

"What spell? Are you under it? Am I? How did he brake the spell?"

 

"Listen kid, I think it's better that you didn't know all of this. It could put you in harms way and if your aren't under the spell that's a really bad thing." Kyungsoo scoffed but nodded. Kris waited in the hallway for a few minutes, eyes focused on the dull grey carpet. "I'm glad you had the option to escape Kai. I'll never be able to."