Chapter 3

Freedom and Power

**** (Myungki) ****

 

Do these morons think I’m ten or something? They had placed a tray full of toys and candy on the table in the center of the room. As I examined the items from afar, a high pitched yelling sound came from the other side of the wall. There was a pair of curtains set on the wall which, I’m guessing, were hiding a window. Curiosity got the better of me and I got up to investigate.

Chanyeol used to tell me a curious Myungki was a dead one whenever I would investigate anything. I was just so curious I couldn’t help it. I flung the curtains open and stared. Well, I was right about one thing, there was indeed a window there. What I was wrong about was what was on the other side. My guess definitely didn’t include a room similar to the one I was in, or the small girl throwing the candy placed on her table.

She looked irritated, but who wouldn't be in this situation? She looked at me then picked up a hand full of candy and tossed it at the window. My eyes widened and I pulled the curtain closed again. I didn't do anything to her, hell I didn't even know her and she threw candy at me.

I heard the lock on the door click and Kris came through the door without as much as a knock. "Psh, have you ever heard of knocking?" I muttered under my breath. "No need to knock on the door of a prisoner now is there? Now get up, we are going to do some tests" Walking over to me, he grabbed my arm and started dragging me towards the door.

I quickly jerked my arm away from him and backed up. "I am not going anywhere with you until I get some answers" He sighed, then stepped forward reaching for my arm again. I stepped back again. "Stop fooling around and let’s go. I don’t have all day"

"Looks like you better start talking then"

He made a noise. "Fine. What questions?"

"Why am I here? What tests are they going to do, and when can I leave?"

"I can't tell you why you’re here. The tests are to observe your powers, strengths, and weaknesses. And I can guaruntee you are definitely not leaving anytime soon." He reached for my arm once more, only to have me pull away from him again. "I can walk by myself. I’m not two"

 

 

This guy was so dumb. He was leading me down the hall to the testing center and wasn’t keeping a very watchful eye on me. I probably could have turned and walked the other way and he wouldn’t have noticed until it was too late. He seemed awfully distracted. I wonder if something is wrong with him.

Should I ask? No.

What if something bad happened though? Too bad, for him.

Oh god inner turmoil! Good!

I really hate it when my brain fights with me and I lose. What I hate even more is that I am actually feeling sympathy for this guy. He is the one who brought me here in the first place. Sometimes I think I am not cut out for my line of work. What am I saying? I am the ruthless, powerful, and well-known Myungki! I am a feared mafia boss. I shouldn’t even be here submitting to these pathetic idiots!

I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks, making Kris stop and turn towards me.

"What are you doing let’s go"

"No. I refuse to stay here with you any longer"

"It’s cute how you think you have a choice"

"Yes, and it’s hilarious how you think I don’t" I laughed and spun on my heels to walk away. "Where do you think you’re going?" He yelled "Away from this place!"

Apparently that was the wrong answer, or at least not the answer Kris wanted to hear, because seconds later I was forcefully pushed against a wall, hovering three feet above the floor. A hot, sort of stiffness spread over my left shoulder from the impact. Kris just hovered in front of me like he was expecting something. Submission maybe? I was so done with that .

We both remained quiet until we heard a click then a thud. I felt a familiar lightness on my wrist and an almost electric power surge through my body. I glanced down at my wrist to see that the power suspending bracelet that hung there not long ago, was gone.

Well Kris. It's time you see what I can really do.

 

**** (Elix) ****

 

Please just shoot me now. This Kai idiot is trying to convince me to go take some tests for stupid stuff. Tests usually mean needles, and those are definitely not on my list of fun items to play with. "Will you please just go take the damn tests?"

"No. I don’t see the point. I won’t be here very much longer anyways"

"What makes you think that?"

"Wouldn’t you like to know?" He nodded. I swear everything this guy does screams idiot. If he laughs, idiot. The way he walks, idiot. If he sneezes, that sneeze made him seem like an idiot. "You and Luhan really at your jobs."

"No we do not!" I laughed quietly to myself.

"What? Do you guys eat a bowl of dumb for breakfast every morning? No no no, he eats the bowl of dumb, you eat the whole box and forget the smart milk."

"That was extremely uncalled for." I shrugged off his comment and started walking towards the door. Kai didn’t make any movements. "So are we going to go do those tests, or sit here doing nothing for an hour?" I asked. He stood and led me through the door and down a long hallway. We walked at a slow pace the entire way. As we walked I fiddled with the cold, metal bracelet clamped around my wrist. I just wanted this thing gone.

As if my wish had been heard, the bracelet clicked then dropped to the floor. Kai heard the small thud and turned around. "What are you-" His words cut off and his eyes widened when he saw the bracelet no longer attached to my arm. "Oops" I smirked then flung my arm towards Kai. The bracelet followed the movement and attached itself to Kai’s arm. He gasped when his brain fully grasped the situation. "What the hell?!"

"Telekinesis is a of a power isn’t it?"

 

**** (Chanyeol) ****

 

"Fighting evil by moonlight! Winning love by daylight! She never runs from a real fight! She is the one named Sailor Moon!" For some reason, while waiting for Sehun to call me back, I started thinking about when Myungki and I were younger. We would dress up as Sailor Moon and Tuxedo Mask and run around singing the theme song. Which I was sort of doing right now. Except, instead of a cape and mask I was wearing jeans and a t-shirt, and I wasn’t running around, I was laying on my couch.

My phone started ringing, cutting off my not so glorious singing. It was Sehun. "Hey Sehun, what did you find out?"

"Get this dude. You know the head honcho above Myungki and well, everybody? His name is Siwon. I was told he is waiting to meet with Myungki and some other person."

"Other person? Who is the other person?"

"Not sure, I wasn't told."

"Well what about SM?"

"Right. So this is the part you're not going to like very much. They do have her, she was brought in late yesterday after a mission by some Kris guy"

"I’m going after her."

"Chanyeol, you and I both know that is a bad idea."

"Well lord know what will happen to her if I don't."

"Chanyeol you are going to get captured or hurt and you know how merciless G-Dragon can be." Sehun sounded genuinely worried, but I couldn’t let her sit in a torture chamber while I knew everything. "I can’t just let her stay there. Who knows what GD has done or will do to her if he knows she is an Elite."

"I figured you would argue to the end of the earth about this, so I had a couple of your team members on standby."

"I can’t thank you enough Sehun" My words barely came out a whisper. I know that considering my occupation, I should be bit tougher, but when it comes to Myungki, my job means less than nothing. "Well, all you have to do is get both of you out alive."

"I will do the best to beat the hell out of anybody who gets in my way."

"That’s the Chanyeol I know. The guys will meet you at HQ. Now go get our boss"

I’m not sure if that was supposed to be a pep talk or what, but I was fueled by my anger and ready to get Myungki free.