Chapter 4

Freedom and Power

**** (Kai) ****

 

Holy Jesus this girl is crazy! She somehow managed to get the power suspending bracelet off of her wrist and onto mine. How? I have not one clue, but she did. Now she seems to think she needs revenge on me. Let me tell you something, she is not going easy on me, and I can only hold off a crazy Elite for so long. So much for partners, I could definitely use some help from mine right about now. Oh lord where is Luhan when I need him?

 

**** (Luhan) ****

 

I really hate conference meetings. All we do is listen to the leader, G-Dragon, inform us about stuff we already know. The guy doesn’t even have powers, he uses weapons and torture methods to keep the prisoners here. How he keeps all of us here, I have no idea. We are all for some reason drawn here. I could probably leave here anytime if I wanted. I only stay because Kai likes it here.

I am snapped out of my thoughts by an alarm and G-Dragon yelling at me, "Luhan! Cease that traitor!" He was pointing at Tao. I stared for a minute, not entirely sure why he was so suddenly calling Tao a traitor, but an order was an order. I ran towards him, then reached out to gra-

 

**** (Tao) ****

 

"Luhan! Cease that traitor!" Well , that didn’t play out as I thought. Not that aiding in a prison brake could go smoothly. Luhan was walking towards me when he extended his arm out. I calmly put my hands up, palms facing out. Everybody stopped, frozen in place. I definitely picked a bad time to hit the release switch. It releases all of the prisoners from their rooms and freed them of their bracelets.

Now I have to find the two reasons I was here in the first place. Myungki and Elix.

 

**** (Kris) ****

 

What traitor hit the release switch?! Now I am in an irritating and painful situation. Under different circumstances it would have been a turn-on to be shoved against a wall by a pretty girl, now it just plain hurt. This girl is way stronger than she looks. Not only is she strong, but she is insanely fast and possibly trying to kill me.

She once again was flying right at me, but before she could make contact I ducked out of the way. That wasn’t enough apparently because it didn’t take long before she was on me again. "Do you not know how to have a civilized conversation rather than just attacking somebody?"

"Says the person who attacked me mid-air without a god damn word!"

"Just let me go and we can talk!" I tried to lean forward, but she shoved me back and tightened her grip. "How about I go and you can talk to yourself"

"Like I would let that happen"

"Well you can’t stop me" She smirked, then I heard a click and felt weight on my wrist. Oh no. When did she get that bracelet? ! I’m in trouble. She moved back and I just fell to the floor. I tried to catch myself, but failed. I guess this bracelet really did work.

I watched as that flying hothead walk out the door, taking my job with her.

 

**** (Elix) ****

For a bounty hunter, Kai was stupid. He put up quite the fight though. In the end, he was locked in my cell with that wretched bracelet, and I was on my way out of this place.

I was running for a while when I rounded a corner and smacked head on with the girl I threw candy at earlier. "We should run!" She yelled grabbing my arm and running down the hallway.

"Ok!" I wasn’t sure who said what, but I agreed with every word. We both took off in a random direction. Once we had been running for a while, I grabbed her arm and stopped us both. "Hey! What gives? We need to go!"

"Neither of us know where we are going!" Just then, the guy who was asking me questions earlier ran around the corner. We both stopped, waiting for the other guy to make a move to capture us again. "Just let us go." The other girl said.

 

"No need, I am your out of here. I know it's hard to believe but you have to trust me. Myungki, I am Siwon's second in command. He is waiting for you at headquarters." I looked to Myungki and she seemed a little hesitant but nodded anyways.

 

Tao led us down some stairs and hallways and before I knew it we were at the front doors. "There is a car that way, not far from here" Tao explained and continued walking.

As soon as we got in the car, Tao started speeding away from the building without as much as a glance back.

 

**** (Myungki) ****

 

So this Tao person was helping us escape. He definitely aided in that, but where was he taking us now? The car suddenly pulled to the side of the road and turned off. "This is as far as I can take you guys. I will see you soon though I’m sure" We nodded then got out and Tao sped away from the curb. "What was that about?" I asked Elix. "I’m not sure, but what do we do now?"

"We should probably get off the streets in case they come after us."

"I don’t know about you, but they know where I live"

"They don’t know where I live so we can go to my place."

"Alright then, give me your hands and think about your apartment." I raised a brow at her, then hesitantly took her hands. "What is this going to accomplish?" I asked closing my eyes and concentrating on my apartment. The soft carpet, the way it always smelled like vanilla, I could almost smell it. No, I could smell it. What the heck? I opened my eyes and we were in my apartment. "How did we get here?"

"Oh. I have teleportation and telekinesis powers." How could she say that like it was the most common thing in the world?! I thought for a second then walked to my counter and grabbed a drinking glass. "So if I threw this glass across the room you could catch it?"

"I could" I then proceeded to toss the glass, watching as it flew through the air and smashed against the wall. The glass shattering into a million pieces. I stood staring at the glass fragments that now littered my carpet. "I thought you said you could catch it?!" I yelled "I said I could. I never said I would." I narrowed my eyes at her, then went to get the vacuum.

After the mess was cleaned up, I looked around to see Elix asleep on my couch. I guess I should be tired too, but I couldn't worry about sleep right now. What I should be worried about is Chanyeol and the rest of my guys.

 

Chanyeol. I should probably call him and inform him of the situation. Walking over to my home phone, I dialed his number. "Hey, uh, it’s Chanyeol. I can’t answer the phone right now, but leave me a message and I will try and get back to you"

Why didn’t he answer? He has never let my call go to voicemail. Seriously, I had never heard his voicemail message before now. Maybe I should call Sehun and see if he knows anything. I ended the call only to start a new one. Thankfully Sehun picked up right away. "Hello?" He answered.

"Sehun! It’s Myungki, do you know where Chanyeol is?"

"Wait. Myungki, where are you?"

"My house. Where’s Chanyeol?!"

"He went after you! How did you get out?"

"That’s not important right now. I have to go" I hung up and ran back to the living room. "Elix! Wake up, we have to go!"

"Where to?"

"Back to that prison."

 

**** (Chanyeol) ****

 

I was on my way to the SM building when I got a call from Sehun. "Hello?" I answered. "Chanyeol don’t go in the building!"

"Sehun? What are you going on about? I have to sa-"

"She is safe at her house!" What the hell? Wouldn’t she have called? "You’re sure about this?"

"Yes. She called me. Get back here, but be careful because I have no doubt that those guys that caught her in the first place will be back."

"I'm on my way back now." I hung up before Sehun could reply, then sent a text to Gongchan, the co-captain of the current mission.

‘Abort. Myungki escaped.’

‘Go ahead and go without us, we can handle ourselves.’

Slipping my phone back into my pocket I took off back to Myungki's apartment.

 

-Time Skip-

 

I arrived back at my apartment building about an hour later, and proceeded to enter with caution just in case any SM scouts were there. I walked into the lobby to see a suspicious looking man speaking with the receptionist. I started to back away but backed into somebody. Said person wrapped a pair of long arms around my shoulders. "Aye Kris!" He yelled into my ear. The guy at the receptionist desk pulled his attention towards us. He must be the Kris who captured Myungki. "Is this one of the Flying Flameball’s goons?"

By Flying Flameball, I could only guess he was talking about Myungki. The taller guy walked towards us with a devilish smirk, like he had just beat a game that was previously deemed impossible. "So you are the brat that is so important to Myungki?" The guy behind me pulled my arms behind me and cuffed them together.

Should I be worried? Any normal person would be, but who am I kidding? I am far from normal. Well, looks like I am going nowhere for a while, may as well have some fun. "So why are you two here?" The guy who cuffed me walked around to stand by his friend. He looked like a tan model who had just stepped off of a runway. "We are here to take your boss into custody."

"You don't have a chance against her." The tanned guy glared at me, not happy about me doubting his ability. "What makes you so sure?"

To be honest I wasn't even sure whether they could take her, I just new Myungkis was strong and persistant.

"I figure Kris would know a little something about her strengths."

Kris' eyes widened. "I don't know what you're talking about. And how do you know my name?"

"Really? From what I understand you and her had a little run in didn't you?"

"What's he talking about Kris?" The shorter asked, eyeing the other.

"Don't worry about it Kai. It doesn't concern you!"

Kai rolled his eyes and scoffed. "Whatever Kris, let's just get done with this." Kris huffed and grabbed my arm, dragging me to the elevator. He pressed a random floor and waited for the doors to close. "Now, are you going to tell us where Myungki is or do we have to force it out of you?"

 

"Sure, I'll show you were it is, but only if you uncuff me." Kai narrowed his eyes at me suspiciously.

 

"I don't believe you..." I laughed at him and leaned back against the elevator wall as it came to a stop and the doors opened. "Suit yourself."

 

They both stood silent for a moment, then looked at me. "If you try anything, it will be the last thing you do." I nodded, then turned around so they could remove the cuffs. "Now, follow me." I said, pressing the right floor number.

 

-Time Skip- (Sort Of)

 

"Here we are" I announced as we stood in front of my apartment. I walked right in and plopped onto a bar stool at the counter. "If this is her house, then where is she?"

"Did you know that a person’s power is at its greatest when they are at the place their heart considers home?"

"I don’t want your stupid biology lesson brat. I just need Myungki"

"You are definitely in the wrong place for that." I informed them, placing my hands behind my back. I could feel the warmth as the fire came to life in my hands. "Look fellas, as much as I have enjoyed your company, I think it’s time for you to leave." I jumped up and my arms out together so my wrists were touching. Flames flew across the apartment towards the shorter of the two.

"Kai watch out!" His friend warned. Kai turned my way then disappeared into thin air, leaving a black haze behind. He appeared again by the other, still slightly surrounded by the mysterious mist. "What the hell man?!" Kai yelled at me, obviously upset with my behavior. He suddenly paused and looked to Kris. "Wait Kris. Did you see what he just did?"

"You mean almost turning you into a human candle? Yes, I saw that whole thing"

"And you don’t get what I’m trying to say?" Kris stared at me for a minute before his eyes widened and his gaze went back to Kai who rolled his eyes. "Sometimes I wonder if you eat a bowl of dumb for breakfast in the morning."

"Whatever, let’s get going" I was amused by the statement Kai made, but couldn’t help but feel like I have heard it before. While trying to think why that sounded so familiar, Kris shoved me over so I was face down on the carpet. He was leaning over me with his knee in my back.

"You are coming with us just as soon as you help us get Myungki." Just like that I was cuffed again.

"You’re completely stupid if you think that I would go to that hell hole or tell you where she is!"

Kris scoffed. "Do you think she would come here if she got a call from us. We do have one of her men and all." He reached into my pocket and took my phone out.

"She isn't stupid, she won't come!" I tried, but he called anyway. Kris sat with his ear against the phone for a few minutes, then groaned and tossed it across the room. "She didn't answer! Now it's up to her to find you before you get killed."

"I'm willing to die for her safety." That's what my mouth said, but my mind was screaming for Myungki to please find me and save me.