Prologue

BEAUTY & THE BEAST
"you are the only maid, so please take care of him" I look around at the enormous house, it was hard to believe that i was the only maid in the house. How am i going to clean the whole house by myself? "his upstairs in his room make sure you dont make him mad" Mr. Wu looks up the stairs, he didnt had the guts to see his son.
 
"okay, that be all" Mr. Wu opens the door and leaves. I starts to walk around trying to find the kitchen since Mr. Wu didnt show me where anything is. The more I walk, the more I feel lost. I can literally yell 'hello' and it would echo around the house. But odd enough there was nothing dirty.
 
I stop and I look at the paintings in the walls, it was Mr. Wu and his son. The painting looks almost live like, both Mr. Wu and his son are serious. Which it was weird to me, since when a five year old doesnt want to smile and be happy to be with his father? I move to the other pictures, and I can tell that Wu Fan looks more like his mother, since I cant find any similarities in his father,
 
Even when there was no picture of his mother. "thats weird" I comment, "maybe his mother die" I shrugs and I continue to walk around. Everytime I open a door, I get more bored. I wonder if Wu Fan is even in the house, sure its a beautiful house but who wants to be stuck in here all day? This feels like im in narnia. Its cold, and im waiting for a witch to come for me.
 
There was nothing else to look at, so i go back to the livingroom. The sofas look like they cost a million dollars each, so i hesitate before i even sit down. "well where else am i going to seat?" I look around with a evil smile in my face. I never had something so expensive, and now that i have the chance why not go for it? right?
 
I jump to the sofa, and it feels like a cloud. I grab one of the pillows and i rub it against my skin. It was like a sweet cotton candy, i put it back because i want it to eat it. Suddenly i hear a noise of a bell, i look around to see where it come from. I stand up, and i try to follow it. It was hard since it was very low sound, since it was far away.
 
I start to walk up the stairs, and the bell noise sounds closer than before, but it was still hard to hear. When i get to the second floor, i figure it out that the bell was coming from a room, the far end room. I slowly walk, i was scared that i might do a wrong move and Wu Fan would be mad at me. The more i get to the room, the louder i hear the bell.
 
I wonder why he doesnt yell, does he even know someone is here? or does he think im like an animal and he can just call me by just ringing a bell? i guess it doesnt matter since they are paying me to take care of him. Stil he doesnt have to ring the bell, i prefer to be call by my name.
 
I knock on the door, and he stops ringing the bell. "come in" he says loud enough for a whole room of people to hear. I open the door, and i see him sitting in his bed. The sun shining from the window didnt help him, it made him look more pale. He looks sick. "bring me water" he says, as soon as i give two steps towards him.
 
I nod, and i run downstairs. Ones im downstairs i forgot where the kitchen was, So i decide to use my nose and see if i could smell the kitchen. Am i a dog. I enter the kitchen, and i grab one of the glasses and i fill it with water. I try to run upstairs fast, but at the same time careful because i didnt want the water to spill.
 
I enter Wu Fan's room, and i give him the water. He starts to drink it fast, without taking a break. When his done he does a big 'ahh' and gives me back the glass. "help me stand up" he takes the blankets off him, and stretches his arms just like a baby asking for his mother to carry him. I pull on his arm, but he was much much stronger than me.
 
He falls down, and i fall intop of him. I was going to stand up, and say 'sorry' when i see his eyes changing. When i first enter the room they were brown, now their red. "your eyes" i say, he pushes me but because of my good coordination, i dont fall down. Instead i just take a few steps back, to give him space. He stands up by himself, and walks away without saying anything to me.
 
I follow him since im suppose to take of him. But I wonder who was the last person who was here, since Wu Fan is wearing a big shirt that doesnt fit right to his figure. The pants are to short, that look like shorts. But i know their suppose to be jeans because i have the same pair. We get downstairs and he looks at me "i wonder"
 
"about what?" i ask, "why someone like you, would give their right to the outside world just to be here with me" right to what? "i dont understand" Wu Fan takes a step towards me, as he raises an eyebrow "he didnt tell you?" by he, he means his father "no" "you are now a prisoner of this house, just like me"
 
Mr. Wu didnt said anything about being a prisoner, "now that your a maid, you cant go outside you cant see your friends you are just like another painting in this house" I was getting scared, i didnt want to be another painting, i want it to be my own person. "he didnt say anything about that, and to be honest if this was the job i would've said no"
 
Wu Fan goes and opens the door, "then you can go" he leaves the door open and goes upstairs again. I look at him with abit worry, i didnt know if i should call Mr. Wu and tell him that i didnt want this job. But if i dont leave, i might never will. So i get out of the house close the door, and run out of there.
 
 
 
"you did what??" Kyungsoo says, and by the sound of his voice, he makes me sound like a jerk. Okay, i did just leave a poor person who is sick alone in a big house. Yes, im a jerk. I lower by head, "but he said i couldnt see my friends, i was going to be a prisoner" "did you maybe think he was just testing you? to see if you were their for the right reasons?" Jongin says before he takes a drink of his coke.
 
"testing me?" 
 
"that actually sounds right, i mean this guy has alot of money he might not really trust anyone" Kyungsoo waits for Jongin to take a sip of his coke, so he can have some. "but what if he is not testing me? what if is real? i wouldnt get to see you guys or Baekhyun!" Jongin shrugs, "you can stay here and wonder, or you can go and figure it out"
 
I mess my hair in frustration, "but and Baekhyun? you know how protective he is" "we would take care of him, you should go" Kyungsoo puts a hand in my shoulder. "fine i'll go, but if i dont come back in two days come look for me!!" I point at both of them, cause one time they left me in a friends (more like in a acquaintances) house. It wasnt until i came back three days later when they notice i was gone.
 
 
 
I went home and pack some things, and i head it to Wu Fan's mansion. I open the gates and i forgot how scary the house looks from outside, i continue to walk through the garden, and the night wasnt making it easy for me. How come they dont have lights outside? i mean their rich, its not like its going to cost alot of money to put two/three lights.
 
I go to the door, and i look behind me cause i feel someone is watching me. I didnt know if i should ring the bell, and make Wu Fan get out from bed to open the door for me. I dont think it would be nice for me to do that. So i pull the door handle and to my luck it was open. I enter the house, then close the door and i lock it. Inside the house was much darker than outside.
 
I try to look for the switch to turn the lights on, but i couldnt find it. Suddenly i hear a big loud noise coming from the kitchen. It didnt sound like a noise that a human would make. And to my knowledge the Wu family didnt have a dog. I stand frozen, i didnt have the guts to run or to turn on the lights. I hear a growl coming towards me.
 
I slowly take steps behind me, I take my cell phone out and i use the light. I move it around to see where the growling was coming from, but i didnt see anyone. "i-i have a gun" i said out loud, i didnt know why i did but thats the first thing that pop to my head. Suddenly i hear footsteps coming towards me, and with that a big growl.
 
I shine the light to the animal that was coming towards me, and it was big as a bear. It stands in two feet, and it was hairy like a lion but the color of the eyes are red. I start to scream and i run upstairs. I hear things breaking as the animal comes towards me. I start to open doors, but they're all lock. I feel sweat coming down my forehead.
 
My hands are betraying me, because they keep shaking. I try to open one more door, and its was unlock. I enter and i lock it. I move chairs and i put it so it would stop the animal from coming in. But i know it was a lie. I open the window, but it was to high. I could break my ankle or my leg. But i also know i didnt want to die.
 
With one hit the animal breaks the door in pieces. I was shaking more and more, the animal comes towards me and he looks like he was hungry. I was going to be animal food. Suddenly someone steps infront of the animal "kneel, like if your bowing to a king" the boy says, he couldnt be older than me. "what?" "kneel!!" his voice makes me jump,
 
But i end up kneeling, so did he. The animal looks at us, then runs out. "okay, you can get up" I run towards my savior, i grab his arm and i didnt want to let go. "come i know i safe place" i can feel my nails inside his skin, but he really didnt seem like he minds. He opens a door, and it was a big library. "its okay, his gone now"
 
"what was that?"
 
The boy smiles, "do you believe in fairytales, Mr. Park?" "how do you know my last name?" he makes a sign for me to sit down, i slowly walk towards the sofa, and he goes and grabs a book from the shelf. "im Oh Sehun" finally after looking at books after books he takes one out. "im best friends with Wu Fan"
 
I stand up, "oh my god! Wu Fan i have to see if his okay!!" Sehun comes towards me and stops me, "his okay, sit" i sit down again, and Sehun puts a book in my hands. "what is this?" "a fairytale book"
 
"like a prince saves a young girl and they lived happy ever after?"
 
"well thats a happy story, what if i was talking about the prince being a beast?" I close the book, "a beast?" Sehun sits in the very expensive table that was in the middle of the room, "yes, like a family gene" "a gene? okay can you just explain"
 
"the Wu family have a very unique gene" I roll my eyes, i saw it. They are incredible beautiful. "a gene that turns them into a beast" "why-a beast? really Sehun" Sehun nods, he didnt look like he was kidding. "A long time ago, Mr. Wu had this gene. it disappear when he felt in love with Mrs. Wu. He thought that since the gene disappear he didnt have to worry about his kids having it,"
 
"when Mrs. Wu had a baby, it was a beautiful baby like it was expected. but at night the lovely baby turn into a beast" That sounds scary, poor Mrs. Wu. "Mrs. Wu couldnt see the baby anymore she was scared. so they erase her memory and now she lives a different life."
 
"wait so she doesnt remember Wu Fan?" Sehun nods, "now he goes by Kris, since the name Wu Fan reminds him of his mother.....she always did call him little Wu Fan" I bite my lip, instead of feeling bad for the mom, i was feeling bad for Kris. Poor thing, he realize that at night he would turn into a very scary beast, a constant reminder of why his mother left.
 
"so that animal, it was Kris?" Sehun snap his fingers, "so i have to take care of a beast?" Sehun stands up, and grabs the book "you dont have too, you can leave" He puts the book back, and looks at me waiting for my answer.
 
"who is going to take care of him?"
 
"we would find someone, someone that would stay the whole day not just when he transforms"
 
I get the feeling Sehun was making me feel guilty, "why are you telling me this?"
 
"because you came back, even before you knew about Kris.....you came back"