Chapter 4

We Will Be Together Forever

D.O’s P.O.V

Just when I thought I’d missed EXO I heard Kris shout out “LONER!!” ! He saw me was all I could think about. Nevertheless it didn’t matter a huge bunch to me, it was only that he found out where I hid during lunchtimes now. However I decided to push that whole thought to the back of my mind and decided it’d be best if I were to eat my lunch. My lunch had been made up of having a bottle of water and some crackers; the reason for me having so little is because I still like to maintain my body physique as to when I was a swimmer jock last year. I still remember why I had to give up swimming at my last school. It was because my parents who had eloped when they were younger had accidentally died in a car accident last year, a having them elope when they were younger I had no other family to lean on at that time. Therefore, I distinctively made the decision to leave my old home in Goyang and move to Seoul, purely because though it was just me and my parents we were well known in our neighbourhood, since I was the top swimming jock at my old school. Along with moving to Seoul I couldn’t continue my training as a swimming jock since I had to begin providing for myself and pay rent. The money that I had been left by my parents, I put towards enrolling myself into SM High likewise as to actually getting me to Seoul.

After I ate, my mind started to day dream and begin to think as to why Kai had stopped Kris hitting me, I tried to come up with as many different scenarios as possible but none seemed to fit. Then unexpectedly I turn to face the rooftop door and see Kai, my eyes grew in shock as he finally locked eyes with me before chuckling and saying “you’re D.O right?”

Author’s P.O.V

(**= Kai’s thoughts, ##= D.O’s thoughts)

“Y-yeah….how did you know” D.O stuttered as he replied Kai, before realising he probably knew his name from Kris “oh wait you would know because of Kris”. D.O looked down to his feet as he thought he was going to get even more picked on by Kai, until he said “well yes I do know your name because of Kris…but that isn’t why I’m here…..oh and before I forget here have this” Kai ended up passing D.O an apple and muesli bar. *wow I didn’t expect him to look so glum*. Kai began waiting patiently for D.O to take the food.

“Why are you being nice to me?.....don’t you want to call me big-eyed loser or something?” D.O asked questionably. * He thought I came up to pick on him?*. “Huh! Look I know that I’m a part of EXO like Kris, but that doesn’t mean we are all bullies like him also keep in mind who stopped him from hitting you with your textbook in class this morning” Kai scowled at D.O. #okay I’ll admit I hadn’t thought of it that way, he actually is sincere compared to Kris#. “Sorry I didn’t mean anything rude……it’s just since I arrived here at SM High no one’s been nice to me” D.O muttered quietly before looking up at the now impatient Kai, holding the food in front of his face. D.O reached out his hand and took the food from Kai’s hand and simply nodded before gesturing Kai to sit down next to him.

“I don’t want to sound rude Kai-shi but can I ask why you came up here because what if somebody found out you were talking to me? Aren’t you scared of what they’ll think of you hanging with a delinquent like me?” D.O asked curiously, Kai scratched the back of his neck while contemplating what to say and decided to say “well let’s say I was curious to see if you were ok or not and nobody from EXO will know I came up here because I told them I had some ‘special’ business to take care of if you know what I mean” he laughed while nudging D.O.

 “Hmmm well can I at least know why you brought me food?” D.O asked raising his eyebrow trying to figure it out for himself, “since were being open…..i brought food for you because I caught you walking up the rooftop staircase with just a bottle of water and some crackers and I didn’t think it was enough” Kai said. #he care about me? No no no that can’t be right#. “o-oh thank you but I have to watch what I eat” D.O replied nervously.*I wonder why he has to watch what he eats he looks fine to me…..wait why is it only now I realised how toned his body is?*. “May I ask why you have to wait” Kai was cut off when the bell rang signalling the end of lunch break. “Ahhhhh you don’t need to worry” D.O said as he was about to leave.

“WAIT!” shouted Kai, just before D.O reached for the door, D.O turned around to face Kai “can we meet up afterschool I need some tutoring, I hear you have the top marks in the class? I’ll even pay you?” Kai blurted out. #why is he asking me to help? But since he is willing to pay it would help me out#. “Ummm…sure how about in 3 days? 6pm at the library near SM restaurant?” D.O said, “Done, see you then and oh how much?” replied Kai excitedly. *wait, why did I just ask him to tutor me? Is it because I want to spend time with him?*. “I guess today can be for free, I’ll estimate a price depending on how much help you need ok? And look I got to go….bye Kai-shi” D.O swiftly said before turning towards the door. “Okay and you don’t need to call me Kai-shi just Kai will do……..bye” Kai said to D.O as he simply nodded once making his way to class again.