Jibin’s Father

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jibin's Father

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.” --- Nicholas Sparks (At First Sight)

 

I was lying down on my bed, trying to get my self to sleep but I kept on tossing and turning. Jibin’s voice was echoing in my head, calling his father... APPA! I thought everything is getting better but here I am again facing another situation… a problem after another. When will all these end? I covered my face with stuffed dolphin that Baekhyun had given me before. Then I heard a creaking sound of the door opening and footsteps gaining closer to my bed…

“Noona, are you asleep?”

“Jibin~ah, what’s wrong?” I asked as I removed the stuffed toy in my face and sat up. I let him sit beside me. He was holding something in his hands… a paper… no… a photo… and handed over it to me. I looked first at what was written behind it. A date was written with Mama and Papa loves you. I flipped it back and it was a portrait of a happy family. I think Jibin was only two years old at this picture. I looked closely at the man sitting beside the woman who was carrying Jibin. It looks like him, the man who was surveying our house. He looks young in this photo compare to what he really looks now. He was wearing a wide smile. Even his eyes were smiling.  I wonder what could have happen to this family. Why did he left Jibin at my care?

“These past few days I always saw him at our school.” Jibin said suddenly. “I’m sorry noona for not telling you.”

“There’s nothing to apologized Jibin~ah.” I said to him giving him back the photo. “Did he talk to you?”

 “No... he was just looking by far.” He replied looking at the picture.

“Do you miss him?” I asked even though I’m scared hearing that he would say yes. “Do you want to talk to him?”

“I won’t leave you noona.” That’s what he answered and embraced me tightly. “…never!”

“Jibin~ah…” A tear rolled down in my cheeks unconsciously.

 

The next couple of days I let Jibin stay at Choi ahjussi’s place because I was worried about the man who was spying in our house. I told Ahjussi about what happen and he agreed. He even told me that I should stay with them too, but I said I wanted to talk to the man and confirmed if he really is Jibin’s father. I thought if Jibin’s not with me I could have a chance to talk to him.

 

One night, I got a call from Suho. He was inviting me for a walk in the Han River Park. It was a good timing because I was just getting off work at that time. Since I was alone I said yes. When I got to our usual spot he was already there waiting.

“What’s up?” I greeted as I sit beside him.

“Nothing much… just chillin’.” He said smiling back at me. “How ‘bout you?”

“Me? Hmm… trying to make everything okay.” I replied leaning back. “How’s everyone? I kinda miss you guys.”

“They’re at the dorm already, resting I guess.” He uttered moving closer to me.

“Ready for the comeback?” I asked again not looking at him. I was trying so hard to calm myself when his arm touches mine when he got close. My heart almost jumps out. Oh crap this is more stressful! “Actually, I already heard your comeback song. I’m sorry… Baekhyun and Sehun are really spoilers.” I said again making it sounds as natural as I can.

“Its okay, do you wanna hear some other songs on the list?”

“No, thanks. I think I can wait until its official release.” I jested back. I gave him a quick glance and smiled.

He suddenly stood up and held out his hand in front of me. “Let’s go for some walk then?”

“Let’s go!” I said happily and took his hand.

CLICK!

 OH?! I look over to where I heard the sound but there’s nothing suspicious I could see. I looked at Suho to confirm if he heard it too.

“What’s wrong?” He inquired. I just shook my head.

What’s wrong with me? Am I too stress? Why do I keep hearing those clicking sound. I put a wide smile on my lips trying to ignore what I just heard. “Come on!”

We stride our way around the park. We’ve done walking… riding bikes… we even eat at side street. It was nice feeling hanging-out with him. I was in an intense state but it was in a good way.  I was always startled whenever he would touch my hands or with any skin contact. I would suddenly feel my face so warm. Somehow that moment all my worries temporarily disappear… enjoying every moment and seems like nothing really matters as long as we’re together.

 

“Hey, are you sure you’re okay?” Suho said with concern voice. We just arrived at home. I was about to get inside when he pulled me to face him and capped my face with his both hands. “Your face is all red and hot.”

I just nodded, can’t utter any words. I was surprised with his sudden action and my face was more in crimson. We were looking at each other’s eyes.

“Don’t look at me like that?” he said again with a half smile in his lips.

“Huh? Like what?” I didn’t get what he meant.

“I may not control myself if you keep looking at me like that.” He said once more moving his face closer with mine.

“Looking what?” I was holding my breath in.

“Looking like you wanted to be kiss.” He uttered sweetly, almost in a whisper.

“What?! I am not!” I was embarrassingly flustered on what he said and pushed him away.

“Don’t you really want me to kiss you?” he said teasing me more.

“NO!” I yelled and went inside with big steps. I can’t take mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter