Working with EXO

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I was very worried for this day to come because I didn’t know how I will face them. But honestly, I wanna see them. I miss their company so much. And here they are now in front of me, every one of them. They matured but they’re still the same — funny, crazy and childish.

“So you finally caught her.” Matthew said.

“Yes, that’s right. Is it okay if we take her with us? Suho asked. He gave me a warning look when he sensed that I was about to protest. “You heard Baekhyun, Ye Eun~ah… we won’t accept any excuses from you anymore.”

“Don’t worry guys. Since everything is official now, you’ll be seeing Ye Eun more often this time.” Matthew oppa added up to tease me. “So, Ye Eun~ah I’ll leave you to them. I’ll go back to the office now. Don’t worry about your boss. I’ll tell her everything.”

“Oppa!” I blurted. He sold me out, and he’s enjoying my lost of power to argue.

“I’ll go ahead. Boys, take good care of our Ye Eun~ah, okay?” he joked, even winked and laugh at me as he left.

 

To wind up this course of event, we were now at their dorm. I was being interrogated. Throwing questions at me endlessly… each of them… one by one… I told them what I’ve been doing all those years. I recount to them the places I’ve been, how I come to met Ye Ri again, and the connection I have with their CEO. But I left the truth about my part at the CNC Apparel, I sticked to the lie of me being just an assistant of the designers.

Baekhyun will surely go livid when he finds out about this. I lied to him again.

“So that explained everything. It was really you.” Suho said.

“Huh?” I uttered.

We were all in the living room. He was sitting beside me while Baekhyun was on my other side. “Last year… I saw you at the SMEnt. I thought my eyes were just deceiving me.” Suho spoke again. “Also, you’re that girl who I accidentally saw that day after that meeting with Atty Park and Ms. Han.”

“You returned here last year?” Baekhyun questioned, turning me to face him. “Why didn’t you tell me? You promised!”

“Yes it was me that he saw.  I was back for a short visit that time. I came to meet Lee sajang~nim. It was for the business I was asked to do. After that, I went back to the States.”

“Even so… you should have informed me.” Baekhyun bickered.

“Ha! Inform you?” I uttered with one brow raised. I turned to fully face him. “What did you do when I called you before I came back here? TCH!”

“I’m sorry, okay? I thought it was crank call,” he apologized. “I’m really sorry, hmm Ye Eun~ah.” He said again pulling an aegyo act.

I smiled at him in surrender. “Aigoo, I miss you so much… so, cute!” I said pinching his cheeks. His cute acts never fail to amuse me.

“Hey, we are here too… enough with that.” Chen stated. He stood up and pulled me up. “Let’s eat, I’m starving.”

 

Since all the formalities for the collaboration were all settled now, and my communication with EXO were back as if nothing has happened… as if I wasn’t gone for a very long time. They came often again at the café where I’m working. I took a day off at both of my work to visit my parents’ grave before things get so busy at our company. It’s been really long since the last time I was there. It was the day before I left the country to say goodbye.

“Eomma, Appa… how have you been? I’m back now. I’m sorry for coming so late. Look what I brought you.” I said showing the diploma I receive finishing college and the certificates and awards I received being a designer. “Are you proud of me eomma, appa? I told you before that I’m gonna move on with my life. I’m gonna live a happy life.” The last thing I remember showing them was my high school diploma and when I came here to introduce Jibin to them… oh and Baekhyun, too. 

“I will make sure I’ll stay here for good eomma, appa. Oh yeah, do you know what Jibin asked me? He wanted me to treat his father just like my second dad. Is it okay with you Appa? Will it be okay if I call him father too? It’s okay right?” I’m still hesitating to address Junshik ahjussi as a father. I have nothing against him or anything but somehow it feels kinda awkward. I really don’t understand myself sometimes. I guess I’m just afraid of many things.

I stayed for quite awhile, telling my parents of my adventures, my plans, my worries… just anything that pops out in my mind. If anyone could see me, they would think that I’m crazy talking just by myself. But doing this makes me feel at ease in some ways. It makes me think clearly and realize things.

Darkness was starting to spread out when I left the graveyard. There is still one place to stop at before I go home…

Han Gang Park

“Hmm… the night lights, too bad stars are not out.” I said as I sat at my usual spot at the park. The street lights give out an aesthetic appeal of the place. No wonder people want to hangout hear… one good place for a romantic date. I curled up and hugged my legs. I was staring blankly at the river, not thinking of anything at all... just spacing out.

“You’re really here!” someone said at my back but I actually didn’t hear it. “Ye Eun~ah!” he called out again but I’m not responding. My gaze was fixated at the river. It was like I’m only breathing yet my time stopped. He sat at my side quietly. He was looking at me, figuring what’s going on. He waved his hand in front of my face but I’m still frozen. He taps my shoulder as he called out my name again. “Hey, Ye Eun~ah!” a little bit louder this time.

“UH! J-J-Joonmyeon~ah…” I was startled recognizing him. “W-what are you doing here?”

“I thought you turned into stone.” He joked half smiling.

“Huh?”

“Nothing… I sensed that you are here so I came.” He said, still with that smile on his face.

This guy is killing me… so handsome… just like a Prince out of a fairytale. “Really?” I uttered as my heart skipped so fast.

“Nuh, not really… I was actually praying I could see you here. I kinda miss you.” He shyly said not looking at me. “I really want to see you.”

I can’t say anything. I can’t even look at him. My heart wants to jump out of my chest. Hearing what he said made my face turned red. I know he notice it by the way he curved a smile on his lips. I could see at the corner of my eyes that he was watching me.

“You’re really cute when you’re blushing, do you know that?” he said again.

My face turns even redder at what he just said. I know it without seeing because my face felt really hot. I covered my face with my both hands in embarrassment. “Stop it!”

“Im glad I can still make you feel like that.” He looked up at the dark sky. “I was afraid that you have a changed of heart already after that long years that you were away.”

“What do you mean?” I asked moving my hands away from my face to look at him. I was confused, but he was confident on what he said.

“Oh, look!” he uttered as he pointed up to the sky. A line light was blasting up high and it exploded up with different sparkling colors. After that, another one blasted up… and another one… again and again… fireworks lighten up the sky… a dazzling display of sparkling lights.

So beautiful!

I was really captivated. I can’t take away my eyes from it. Blazing lights whirl in spiral. Others shatter into thousand glitters, some floatted in a shimmering silver shower. It was breath-taking. “Wow!” I uttered. I was really happy.

I wasn’t aware that Joonmyeon was not looking at the fireworks at all. After that first blast, he looked at me. He was totally watching me. He was more mesmerized on my reactions than what was happening up the sky. “Beaautiful, right?” he said still fascinated observing me.

“Ne.” I uttered back but still fixated at the fireworks.

“Ye Eun~ah…”

“Hmmm?”

I was stunned on what happened after I turned to look at him. Our lips were pressed together. His lips move gently. It was soft and sweet. Slowly, I closed my eyes. I felt like I was melting as I wrapped my arms around him. He placed his hand at the back of my neck to kiss deeper. The fireworks were already over, yet, I still could see glittering sparks. I don’t want that moment

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter