Hello! [Part 1]

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I’ve been in many places after leaving everything behind. In those years, the first two months was really depressing. I tried so hard to fight the urge of going back. I was staying at Choi ahjussi’s parents’ province. They were nice and accommodating like ahjussi. But not long after, I decided to leave that place when I met a monk and came with her in a temple.

The monks living in the temple fed me with so much advice and wisdom of life. Some other times, I was tempted to shave my head too and just settled there for good. One day, the monk I met has to visit a relative in Busan. She asked me to accompany her, and I did. We stayed there for three days. My stay there made me remember a long lost friend, Ye Ri. The monk niece was eleven years old. She was always carrying her sketch pad full of drawings of clothes sketches. She said she wanted to be designer someday. It made me reminisced my childhood days with Ye Ri.

Way back then, we did dream to be like fashion designers. We would dress up each other in any combination of clothes in the closet that we thought would compliment together and modelled it up pretending to be in a runaway show. Ye Ri continued on sketching designs of pretty dresses even when we were in high school. I wonder if she did pursue this dream we had. Could she still remember me? To think it thoroughly, I was actually the one who cut off our communication. I never did check my e-mails anymore, I changed my phone number, my home address has changed and I didn’t tell her. I was the one who back out in our friendship. A tear dropped from my eye realizing it.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” the monk said, noticing it. We were on a bus, on our way back to the temple. I wiped it away by my hand.

“Nothing.” I smiled as I shook my head and I looked down to avoid her gaze that was not convinced on what I said.

One night, I was sitting on the ground under a big tree. It was a place in the temple where I hangout when I want to think and be alone. The dark sky was full with stars that night. I took out my wallet on my jacket’s pocket and pulled out a photo --- me and Ye Ri together, first day of our highschool life. A small card fell out along as I pulled it out. I picked it up. It was a business card of Mr. Lee Sooman. There’s only one thing in my mind that night as I stared at the picture and business card.  I want to see Ye Ri… and the fastest way was by this card.

 

I remember when I used that card and called him, asking if we could meet again. He said he was actually waiting for my call. He already knew what I will do. He knew the moment I walked out that day we first met. I agreed on staying away from EXO and ask for a day to be with them for the last time so I could bid my goodbyes.

“You’ve been through tough situations in a very young age. I know that this is hard for you but it’s for the best. Sometimes we really have to sacrifice a lot to achieve what we really wanted to accomplish in life. You are all still young.” He articulated. “You do understand, right?”

I nodded to agree. “I’m sorry for all the troubles. Please don’t tell them about this and meeting me.” I took out the business card he gave me and returned it to him.

“Keep it.” He said. “Don’t hesitate to call me if you need any help… anything at all.”

I accepted the card back. “I’ll come back.” I uttered after awhile. “When the right time comes, I’ll return here. I hope that time, you’ll let me stay.” I stood up, bowed in respect and left.

 

It took me a week to muster up my courage to make that phone call to Mr. Lee Sooman. My hands where shaking as I speak over the phone. It was so hard to steady my voice. I was so nervous in asking for help on locating my friend. I was just taking my chances. Why would a CEO of a big company listen to a request of someone like me? But true to his words, he did help me on finding Ye Ri. I got a call from him after a month. He told me to come back in Seoul for the information that I’ve asked for.

 

Ye Ri’s parents were not in US anymore. They were staying in Japan. Ye Ri was living by herself in US.  When I contacted her she was in Europe as an intern in a clothing company. She really did pursue our dream. One year more and she’ll be graduating. She immediately contacted her parents after hearing from me. Her mom insisted me to go to Japan and stay with them. She went here in Korea to get me. Once all the proper documents I needed were done, I went to Japan with her.

 

A year after they went back to States, tagging me along. Ye Ri was back in States, too. They enrolled me in college, same school with her. Year past, I moved out in their care. I tried living independently but visiting them in some special occasions. I’ve done a lot of part time jobs as I study hard to graduate.

 

After I graudated, I was hired to be an assistant of a designer who was a former professor I had. Luckily, a well known fashion designer recognized my potentials and took me as her apprentice. I learned a lot from her. As we travel places to places, meeting other designers, I was beginning to be acknowledged in the circle of fahion world. It was the same with Ye Ri.

 

With the talents, experiences, and connections, Ye Ri and I decided to work together. We started our own clothing line, the CNC. We were thankful that our debut was a success even though we’ve decided to keep our identity a mystery for being the designers as a marketing strategy. With so much hardwork, our designs were patronized little by little by a lot of people in State and Europe.

 

 

Seven years…

That’s how long it took me to come back. I’m back in Korea… temporarily though. I’ll be staying only for a week. I tilt my head up to gaze at the blue sky. It was clear blue. A white smoky line crossed the sky, a smoke line emitted from a jet plane as it passed by.  I closed my eyes and spread my arms wide open and feel the breeze as it blew. I took a deep breath in and released it slowly. I missed this place so much.

Han River… I’m finally back.

I spent some hours walking around the park before doing the real purpose of my return.

 

At the SM Building…

 

The EXO just returned from a photoshoot. They were inside the elevator, going up in their practice room. A girl passed by before the door of the elevator actually slide closed. Suho who was standing just in front had a glanced of her and immediately pressed a button so it could open again. He instantly went out the elevator as it opened. Chanyeol hold the button pressed so that the door won’t close. Suho saw the girl at the other elevator but the door of it just closed.

“Hyung! What is it?” Baekhyun asked who went out too, following him.

“Did you see her?”

“Who? The girl?” Baekhyun said. “Yeah, why?”

“Did you recognize her?” Suho asked again.

“No, I didn’t see her face.” He answered.

“Are my eyes deceiving me?” Suho uttered. It can’t be… is that her? This is insane! Why would she be here? Ah! Is this how much I miss her? Suho argued to himself.

 “Do you know her?” Baekhyun asked, looking at him confusedly

“Hey, come on… are you guys getting in?” Chanyeol called out to them.

“Let’s go hyung.” Baekhyun said.

Suho shove the thought out of his mind and followed Baekhyun back to the elevator. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” I greeted as I entered a room. It was Mr. Lee Sooman’s office.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter