A Friend’s Confession

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A Friend’s Confession

“You know, unrequited love is very difficult? It's not just having this one-sided love of someone who's far away. Being close, talking daily, liking someone who’s constantly near me is harder than it would be under different circumstances.” --- Park Soo Hee

 

(Baekhyun’s POV)

 

It was more than two years now since I met Ye Eun~ah. For the first time I saw her I was attracted to her instantly. She’s very simple and ordinary, yet so lovely to look at. I never did expect to see her again after that incident when I passed by at the playground... a kid calling her Eomma at a very young age. It was so unbelievable. But I thought to myself, I guess we were predestined to really meet.

She was having a hard time coping for losing both of her parents and raising JiBin on her own. She was so caring, hardworking and tough… characteristics that I like about her.  She’s always been by my side when I’m having a hard time at my trainings. Encouraging me to go on when times I’m thinking of giving up. We really did build a very strong friendship…

It never crossed my mind before that my simple admiration for her would go deeper and deeper like this. There were so many times I wanted to confess to her… Tell her I love her… tell her that I want something more than what we have… that I wanted our friendship to develop farther. But I was scared… scared that she might think different about it and walk away.

 

Ever since she told me of the guy she met before and wanting to see him again, I know that moment that she has a very special feeling for him. I thought, she wouldn’t look and wait for him if she doesn’t, right? That’s also a reason of keeping this feelings I have for her.

Ah~ Unrequited love!

Yes, it is… It’s just one sided love. Somebody already owned her heart… and what a twist of fate… It was Suho hyung.

 

“Baekhyun~ah, aren’t you gonna answer your phone? It was ringing for so many times now.” Chanyeol said pointing at the phone I’m holding. I was just staring at it. We were at our room. We were sitting at our own bed, face to face.

I rejected the call. “No. It’s nothing.” I answered shaking my head.

“Nothing? But that’s Ye Eun~ah. Why do you keep declining her calls?”

“Please, I don’t wanna talk about it.” I said as I stood up… “I’m gonna go for a walk.” I said again to avoid the conversation. And I left him there.

 

 

(Ye Eun’s POV)

 

These days, I was easily preoccupied by so many thoughts that’s plugging in my mind. To avoid spacing out a lot, I always find something to do. I over work myself… trying as much as possible to be busy so I won’t have time to think… Even If I feel exhausted already I would work and work. So when it’s time to go to bed, I could straightly fall asleep. But sadly, I would constantly wake up from a dream in the middle of the night… the same dream every night. I was standing in the middle of nowhere… the surrounding was all white. Baekhyun was in front of me. He was looking straightly in my eyes as tears flowing out in his eyes. Asking me why… why I have to lie… He turned his back on me and walked away. I run to him but I can’t catch up. I tried to run even faster but the distance between us was getting farther and farther… until I can’t see him anymore. I would wake up crying calling out his name.

 

One day, Choi ahjussi asked me if they could take JiBin with them in a trip to their province for the weekend and I said yes. Because Ahjussi was away, I was the one in charge in closing the store, going home late.

Since I will be alone at the house that Saturday night, I decided to wander around after closing the store. I walked aimlessly…looking forward at nothing. I don’t know how long I’ve been walking until I stopped at a familiar place. It was a playground… the place where we first met Baekhyun. I guess I really miss him that much for my feet to take me there.

And as to my surprise, Baekhyun was there too. He was at the swing, swaying it high back and front.

“Baekhyun~ah!” I called out to him. He brings the swing to a halt, suspending his feet in the ground as he saw me. He didn’t say anything. He was as surprise as I am seeing each other there. He was just staring at me. I went closer to him… wanting to talk to him. But when I got near, he walked off. I run to him. I wrapped my arms around his waist when I caught up with him, resting my head against his back…

“Baekhyun~ah… please, Im really sorry.” I said again. But he just stood still, trying to untangle my arms around him. “Oppa, say something please… I’m really sorry… I didn’t mean to hide it from you. I’m so sorry.” I couldn’t take the coldness he was showing to me anymore. My eyes begun to shed tears… I cried. I slowly loosen my grief at his waist until I fully let go of him. I can’t suppress this weeping. I covered my face with both of my hands and cried more loudly this time.

With just a brief of time, I felt a hand patting the top of my head. A gesture Baekhyun always does to console me. “Ye Eun~ah, don’t cry.”

However, instead of stopping I cried even more. But I felt somehow relief because I know Baekhyun was not gonna ignore me anymore. I know that he’ll talk me now.

“Yah, please stop it now!” he yelled at me as he stopped patting my head. “Aigoo~ you know I don’t want to see you crying… so stop it!” Then he s his arms around me and patted my back.

“I’m so sorry oppa.” I uttered as I rest my head at his shoulder and entangle my arms around his waist again. We stayed like that for a couple of minutes, saying nothing to each other. And I really felt at ease at that moment.

“Come on, I’ll take you home now.” He said as he let go of me. He lowered a little bit the bullcap that he was wearing to cover the level of his eyes.

It was around ten already and there’s not much people around. We we’re walking and Baekhyun was holding my hand. He never let go of it even when we got to the bus stop. Instead of waiting for a bus he called for a taxi. We were sitting close side by side at the back seat. I looked at him to ask something but his eyes were closed. I don’t know if he was asleep or just want to close his eyes. I didn’t bother myself to speak. I felt his hand securely grief my hand by interlacing our fingers. I was staring at our hands. And again, I remember what Joonmyeon oppa said about Baekhyun’s feelings towards me. I’m really confused. I wanted to confirm it from Baekhyun but somehow I feared it. I shrugged my head to chase away the thoughts. I sighed deeply and closed my eyes too as I placed my head on his shoulder. Then I felt his lips landed a kiss on my forehead.  

 

 

(Baekhyun’s POV)

 

“I really can’t bear seeing you cry Ye Eun~ah…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter