I'm Sorry (Part 1)

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was two weeks left until our grand opening. Our preparations were almost finished too. The invitations were sent. The final rehearsal of the fashion show, I think, is today. Checking my schedule, I have a week free before the show since the production of the designs was done ahead of the time we prearranged. I could relax a little bit.

“Free at last! I could properly sleep now.” I mouthed in relieved as I stretched my arms. I was alone at the office at that moment when Ye Ri came in and heard me.

“Good! Since you’re free, go to the rehearsal.” She said walking towards her table. “Today is the last one.”

“Me? Why me? You know I’m limiting myself meeting EXO, right?” I protested. I miss the boys but I can’t help myself feeling guilty seeing Baekhyun. I don’t know what kind of relationship me and Suho have with all those alone moments with him and those things he said to me. I don’t want to assume things but I’m really happy right now. I still don’t know how I would tell Baekhyun about it without hurting him. 

“I’m sorry Ye Eun~ah but it’s an emergency,” she said. “Mom just called, they’re arriving here this afternoon.”

“What? I thought its next week.”

“I know right!” she said again rolling her eyes. “Mom is really unpredictable. She’s doing whatever she wants.”

“Yeah, same as you.” I whispered to myself. I sighed.

 

Lately, I’ve been in this kind of situation… defeated in arguments and can’t say no. Again, even if I don’t want to, I’m at the rehearsal. Good thing that I was there just to watch. At the real event I’ll be mostly at the backstage checking and assisting models with what they will wear. The time I’ll be on that stage is when the mysterious designers of the CNC Apparel are reveal to the public. 

I was not paying attention on what the director of the show and the models were doing even though the EXO was there, too. I told the director to just do what they usually doing when Ye Ri was the one observing in their rehearsal. I told him that she just had an emergency and I was just her assistant ordered to stay there as her replacement. Things going smooth so I excuse myself to the director and just sat in a corner. I took out my blank journal and pencil, and do some sketching while I wait for the rehearsal to end.

“Good job everyone! Le’s take some break!” I heard the director announced. I didn’t mind what he said and just continue on what I’m doing. A moment later, the ten guys were surrounding me. I noticed that they’ve been cornering me these past few weeks.  We’ll, I guess because I’m always making excuses.

“You looked like you enjoyed watching us.” Tao uttered sarcastically with both hands in his waist sides.

“I’m confident that you guys would do a good job even if I don’t watch you.” I said back to him as I put back my journal and pencil in my bag. My eyes caught up a glance of Baekhyun. He was not looking at me, and not smiling either. He’s not in his usual mood.

What’s with him?

“Ye Eun~ah, do you have something else to do later?” Chanyeol asked who was beside Baekhyun.

“Hmmm… no, I don’t have. Why?” I answered still looking at Baekhyun.

“Great! Let’s all have dinner together.” He said again. “Ah, I’m so excited!”

“Chanyeol~ah, I’m so sorry to disappoint you but I can’t come with you guys.” I apologized sincerely. “I already told Jibin that I’ll be home early and I’ll have dinner with them.” It’s true. It’s not a made up excuse. I really called Jibin before I went to the rehearsal.

“How ‘bout tomorrow?” D.O asked this time.

“Ye Ri’s parents are returning here in Korea later. I have to see them tomorrow,” I exclaimed. “I’m very sorry.” I don’t want to say no, however, I already have plans for tomorrow. It’s really kinda weird. Baekhyun’s not reacting at all. I know something is troubling him.

“When are you going back to the café?” Sehun inquired as he entwined his arm with mine. “I want to hangout with you. I miss your bubble tea, noona.”

“I’ll come back the day after tomorrow. We’ll see each other there.” I said to him leaning my head to his shoulder. This guy is really tall.

“Okay, okay… we’ll definitely come there to see you.” Suho firmly said separating me from Sehun and stand between us. He even glared at me. I think his jealous because of being clingy of Sehun. But I was more worried of Baek. He was the one who always drag me away from them, yet he’s doing nothing.

“Baekhyun~ah, is there something wrong?” I asked out of curiosity. I’m not used to seeing him so quiet. It really bothers me.

“Huh? Ah… nothing.” He said putting up a smile.

“Are you sure?” I asked once again. He just nodded and excused himself. “Oh, wait!” But he didn’t stop or look back. “Guys, did something happen to Baekhyun?”

“We don’t know… he’s been like that since the photoshoot that we’ve done together.” Lay replied. I have no idea that he was acting like that since then. He was okay when we’re talking over the phone. 

What could be his problem?

 

The rehearsal continued with Baekhyun suddenly changed back to his usual self. He’s bubbly again. I really don’t get him sometimes. But I’m glad he’s okay now. I did’nt make a big deal about it. As the rehearsal ended I said my goodbyes to them and left before them. Before going home, I went to shop for our dinner. It took a little longer because I bought some stuffs for daily needs. When I got home I didn’t expect that I’ll be stunned to what was waiting for me.

“Welcome home!” Our living room was crowded with boys. They all stood up and went to me and took all the things I’m carrying. Baekhyun hooked his arm on mine and guided me towards the sofa.

“What are guys doing here?” I exclaimed as I sat. Jungshik abeoji came out of our little kitchen wearing an apron. “Abeoji…” I called out to him.

“They said they want to have dinner with us.” He said.

“We’ll help prepare dinner.” Chanyeol uttered raising his free hand.

“Me, too.” D.O offered as well.

“Can I even say no… you guys are already here. Did you bring something for dinner?” Once more, I’m in the there-is-nothing-I-could-do situation.

“We ordered chicken noona.” Kai uttered with a wide smile.

 

It was Baekhyun’s suggestion to come here and they all agree to it. They went straight to our house a moment later I left them at the rehearsal. Just like what Chanyeol said, they help to prepare the dinner. D.O and Kai grilled the pork. Sehun, Xiumin, and Lay set the wide wooden pallet outside the house along with Jibin since we’re too many too eat inside. Chen and Chanyeol were assisting Abeoji in cooking at the k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter