I'm Under Arrest

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Baekhyun and Suho were in front of me, the moment I was trying so hard to avoid. Just imagine how I felt when I saw Suho the time I came back.  Now that Baekhyun was here too, It doubled this time... no, it was really more intense. My thought was a mess. I can't think properly. I can't help myself to tremble, though I tried so much not to show it but it did. I think I'll faint any moment, I was so nervous. These two seem to be draining all my energy with how they stared at me.

"Ye Eun~ah, are you okay?" Suho asked as he assisted me to sit down on the nearest chair. "You look so pale and shaking." You could hear the care in his voice. He took the drinks that I bought out of my hands and placed it on the table. He held my hands then and gave it a gentle squeezed.

I want to say something but no voice was coming out of my mouth. My throat felt dry. It was getting harder to breath, too. I can't make myself to calm down.

"YAH!" Baekhyun yelled at me. "WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN, HUH?!"

"Baekhyun~ah! Can't you see? She's not feeling good. Don't yell at her."

Baekhyun sighed seeing how I flicked in surprise on what he did. "I'm sorry." He apologized as he caressed my head just like he always did before whenever I'm feeling down.

I don't know what to say. I can't think of any excuse to give. Then a phone rings. The both of them looked at their own phone. But not any of the two was the one ringing.

"Ye Eun, I think it's your phone that's ringing." Baekhyun said.

"Huh?" I uttered looking up at him, who was still standing beside me.

"Your phone." He said again, pointing at my bag on my back which where he heard the ringing.

I pulled my hands that Suho was squeezing and reached my hand on the side pocket of my bag to take out the phone. It really was my phone that was ringing. Ye Ri was the one calling.

Ah, thank goodness! Just in time.

My hand was still shaking as I answered the call. "Y-yeoboseyo..." Even my voice was shaking.

"Where are you? We need you here now." Ye Ri said on the other line.

"I'm so sorry... s-s-something came up. I'll be on my way there n-now." I managed to say at her.

"Please hurry up. We still have so many things to do."

"Okay." And we hang up.

I took a deep breath again before I stood up. "I really need to go now. I'm sorry" I took the drinks at the table and about to step away but Baekhyun stopped me by the arm.

"We still need to talk Ye Eun~ah." He said.

"I'm really sorry. I have work right now. I'm running an errand and I have to go back. The one just called was my boss. She wants me to return immediately." I explained to them, managing not to look directly in their eyes. "I'll see you guys later. Bye."

I made a fast pace out of there but the two followed me out too. As I got to the side street, I immediately called for a taxi. I quickly opened the door and stepped inside as the taxi halted in front of me. But before I could even close the door Baekhyun held it open.

"Are you going to leave just like this?"

"I really need to go now Baekhyun~ah. I'll see you later, okay?" I pulled the door closed and the taxi went on.

"See us later? Do you still even have our numbers? Yah!" Baekhyun yelled in irritation to the moving taxi.

 

 

My heart calm down when Suho and Baekhyun where out of my sight anymore, and when I got to the office everyone was busy with their works. Design sketches were scattered at the table. Clothes were piled in the rack. There were few mannequins too, where some clothes where fitted to mixed some combinations and adjustments. Ye Ri was choosing some cloths to used, while Matthew was busy on the phone. Everyone was doing something. No one seems to notice my arrival.

"I'm here!" I greeted, showing up the drinks I brought for them. "Sorry for the wait." I distributed the drinks to everyone.

"Yah, what took you so long?" Ye Ri asked.

"It's a long story, I'll tell you later." I said back and joined them on what they were doing. I haven't done anything yet, but I feel so exhausted already. But there's one thing I actually like in our job. My state of being is at ease. I mean, I'm focused on what I do. I'm not thinking of anything else. I'm calm and enjoying the moment. Happy to see how my... no, OUR creations come into existence. Something I could say that I'm so proud of.

 

We finished all the preparation for tomorrow's presentation around six in the evening and all that was left at the office were the three of us, resting on our chairs while waiting for the pizza and of course the chicken that we ordered.

"So Ye Eun~ah, spill it out." Ye Ri said.

"Spill what?"

"Oh come on! What happened to you this afternoon? She said again with rolling eyes on me.

"By now, I think EXO knows I'm back. I saw both Suho and Baekhyun. It was a great timing that you called. I was so nervous. I don't know what to say to them." I stated feeling more exhausted remembering what happened.

"You know, I still don't understand why you have to hide from them. They are your friends." Matthew said.

"Yes, they are my friends... and EXO at the same time. People like me can't be seen around them." I pointed out.

"Wait... people like you? Yah! What do you mean by that huh? For their information, you're not just someone!" She stressed out. "You're a high earner and sought out fashion designer in States and Europe.

"That's right! One problem with that is those people don't know that it was actually her." Matthew butted in.

"That's the point! That's why we're exposing now our identity. It's time to taste the fruits of your hard work Ye Eun~ah."

"I don't know. I'm still having second thought about it. I don't want to ruin everything if bad rumors spread out again. We haven't even started yet and I really don't want to leave again." We were silent after I said that. They both know what happened to me when that dating rumor came out.

"I have an idea." Matthew spoke breaking the silence. "We'll cancel all the interviews and anything that will expose both of your identity."

"Really?" I was so happy on what he said.

"Yah oppa! Whose side are you in?" Ye Ri protested.

"Hear me out first, will you? We'll cancel it all but only until we have officially open our clothing line. You'll introduce yourselves in the end of the runaway show. It would be a great concept. People will be curious so they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter