Troubled Hearts

Baby, Don't Cry
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

(Baekhyun’s POV)

 

I hate what I’m feeling. I was so eaten by jealousy and it frustrates me so much. I don’t even have the guts to face her. After seeing them so sweet together, I knew it. It’s over. There’s no room for me in her heart. I lost my chance. She had already picked Suho hyung.

 

I was lying in my bed still wide awake. I can’t sleep. I’m still thinking of Ye Eun. The way she cried as she called out to me. She kept on apologizing. I really hate seeing her cry but I can’t do anything. It really hurts. I really love her so much and my heart still can’t accept that she had chosen already. I haven’t shown her how much she really means to me. I know I’m being selfish but I can’t get myself to give up my feeling for her.

“Baek, are you still awake?” I heard Chanyeol asked as he sat up in his own bed. “I can’t sleep. I’m excited for tomorrow. We’ll be with Ye Eun again or should I say Elle Shin.”

“Yeah.” It was the only thing I uttered not moving, my arm covering my eyes.

“I felt really stupid not hinting that she was the designer. I was so convince that she was just Ye Ri’s assistant. I guess that’s why she kept on avoiding us,” he continued. I do understand what he said. Ye Eun is not good in lying. You can eventually tell if she was. “I was so surprise when she walked in the stage. She’s so beautiful. Too bad she already went home early at the party.” I didn’t react in any of what he said. Then I heard him heave a sigh. “What’s wrong Baek?”

“Nothing.”

“Oh come on Byun Baekhyun. I know if something is bugging you. You’ve been acting weird seen the day we last went to Noona’s house.” He was now sitting at the edge of my bed.

I sighed. “Yeol, I love Ye Eun so much.” I just said, still my arm covering my eyes. I can’t remove it. If I do, I think my tears would automatically well out.

“Baekhyun, I knew that already.”

“But she chose Suho hyung.” As I said it the tears started crawling out of my eyes. He was speechless for a moment on what he heard.

“Are you sure?” He still can’t believe it.

I nodded. I told him what I saw that night when we were all together at Ye Eun’s place and also that time at the photoshoot. I think he was having a hard time comprehending all the information I spilled. He gaped at me with OH-MY-GOSH expression all over his face. But suddenly his expression changed. It transformed to sympathy. Chanyeol couldn’t keep mentioning what’s on his mind. He was thinking of that moment when we set up a date at his family’s restaurant so I could confess to Ye Eun which went to waste. Then she suddenly left us. And now that she’s back, Suho hyung already won her heart. I couldn’t help myself to be mad. Somehow, it felt so unfair especially how all what Chanyeol said sinked into me. If only she could have given me a chance, I would do all that I can to make her fall for me. If I had that chance maybe it won’t be this hard accepting the fact that she loves somebody else.

It was really unfair Ye Eun~ah.

 

The next day at the grand opening of the CNC Apparel, I didn’t expect that I won’t see her. I wonder where she could be… if something happened to her to be not here… or is it because of what happened last night. I felt guilt on that last thought. She was crying when I left her. I yelled at her… I pushed her away. I started to get worry. I need to know where she is. I took out my phone and looked for her name at my contacts. It rings… once, twice…thrice… and so on. She was not answering it. I redialed it…. again, no answer.

“! Please answer it Ye Eun~ah.” I dialed it once again… still, no luck. I composed a message and send it immediately. But a minute had past and still no reply. I repeatedly called and send her message for half hour until I saw Jibin. When the opening started it was announced that Elle Shin can’t attend the opening and her brother, Jibin, would be on her place because of some unavoidable circumstances. 

“Jibin~ah!” I called out to him, then dragged him in some place we were alone. “Where is your sister?”

Jibin hissed at me. “Why look for her? Are you going to yell and make her cry again?” I was shocked at what he said. There was anger in his voice. “I saw it hyung! I saw what you did to her last night.”

“Ji-Jibin~ah… I’m… I’m so sorry…”

“I thought you love her, hyung. But why do you keep making her cry. Stay away from my sister! I have grown up now. I won’t let you guys hurt my noona anymore. NEVER!” he blurted with so much disappointment and anger. And he left me alone standing there frozen and bewildered.

“What have I done?! !” I cursed at myself.

 

 

 (Suho’s POV)

 

I was really excitedly happy seeing Ye Eun in the middle of the stage. She was radiantly sparkling in my eyes. She’s so beautiful I can’t take away the smile etched in my lips. I really don’t mind if she hidden her identity as the real designer and one of the owners of their apparel. I was really proud of her. She did what she promised to me from the very first time that we met. She dreamed and here she was now achieving it… living it. I wanted to wrapped her in my arms and tell her how happy I am for her.

I waited for the chance I could be with her alone, but she was busy talking to different guests that coming up to them. I could tell in her expression that she’s little tired and wanted to escape the crowd. If only I could pull her away from everyone, I would have done it. My eyes were fixated only to her… following her. Then the chance I have waited opened up. I saw her went to a corner. She kept on sighing and mumbling to herself. I made my way in her direction. But I haven’t talked to her that much when she excused herself. I saw her marching towards Baekhyun’s direction. Lately he was acting weird, so I know something was up between the two of them. My head really aches thinking what it could be. I was really worried about Ye Eun. I knew that every time Baek was distancing himself to her, Ye Eun was always troubled about it. I tried to talk to Baekhyun many times but he kept on avoiding me. As I looked at her strode away I wanted to follow her but I know she wouldn’t like it. I understand that they need to settle something wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter