Chapter 6

Hidden Secrets

“That is exactly what you wanted.” The younger man said.

“Yes.”

“So what are you going to do now?” Junsu asked.

“You know my Dad’s dream is to be the number one gang. But he lacked the guts. He always feared that the Jjang’s head would kill us all before he even attempt to take action. But I’m different. I will make sure we’ll be the number one gang. I will make sure the Jjang’s step down from number one on his own accord.” Jae Joong smiled, sending chills down Junsu’s spine.


( Over at BoA’s )

Everyone has left except for the 5 loyal men of Jang Jun Hyuk.

“Uncles. Have you’ve got any information on the new Kim’s head? I’m worried he’s up to something. I didn’t mention just now for I fear that if the conversation is leaked, it will alert the Kim’s. You know how our younger men are “friends” with those in other gangs.”

“Sadly,” Uncle Woo spoke, “ No. We didn’t even know he had a son till these few days. The old Kim is as smart as your father, not announcing the birth of their offspring. Hence, we haven’t got the faintest clue whom the new Kim may be.”

“No luck with the police information?” BoA asked.

“Nope. Even our best hackers couldn’t find anything. Looks like the young Kim’s got a clean record.” Uncle Lee sighed, exasperated. “We have been checking up on him for this whole week since he has taken over. We have nothing to share with you but that he is the new head.”

“I see. Ask our men to be on guard. Find out from the younger men and see if they’ve heard anything about the new Kim.” BoA instructed.

“Yes Boss.” The older men echoed.

“Good work. Be on time for work tomorrow.”


Junsu sent Jae Joong and Changmin home after signing the proposal in his office. Junsu went home soon after. Jae Joong and Changmin lived together in Jae Joong’s mansion, as Changmin was a boy that Mr. Kim had adopted as Jae Joong’s companion. He was treated like Mr. Kim’s son. But if danger were to arrive, he would have to risk his life to save Jae Joong.

Junsu stepped into his own apartment thinking, “Yunho… Yunho… He looks really familiar. Where have I seen him before?”

He quickly went to his password-protected computer and went into the police database. “Jang Yunho.” He mumbled as he typed. As soon as he pressed enter on his keyboard, all the information on Jang Yunho, with his photo, appeared on his screen.

“mini cooper! He’s a cop! From my year too! No wonder he looks familiar! He is the best cadet from our batch! Thank goodness he didn’t recognize me or my cover would be blown. I bet that Micky guy is a cop too. I got to be more careful.”


The next morning, Yunho found her sister asleep on the couch in the living room, in the same clothes she was wearing when she went out last night. He smiled and went over to poke her at her waist. BoA pushed her brother’s hand away, mumbled “go away” and continued sleeping. Yunho let out a small chuckle and kept on poking her.

Finally BoA opened her eyes and glared at her brother. She sat up with her hair messy and out of place, squinted her eyes and said, “What do you want?”

“Hahaha! Isn’t it ticklish?!” Yunho laughed, not at the way she was woken up, but at her disheveled look.

“No. It’s irritating.” And she fell back onto the couch and made another attempt to sleep.

“Yah Jang BoA! Don’t you have to go to school?” Yunho grabbed her arms and began to drag her onto her feet.

“Oppa… five minutes…”

“Now!”

“Grr… Fine!” She mumbled and stomped her way up the stairs.

BoA came down for breakfast within ten minutes. The reason she was so fast was because she had to be in her school uniform anyway and she couldn’t be bothered with how she look. But she is very particular of how others look. That is why she is a fashion designer. Her company was not just for cover; it really is a large-scale fashion design company. It just happens that her men work there too. Of course, it was because she made all her men worked there. That way, sudden meetings can be hold and even if they were in the company late at night, the police couldn’t do anything or suspect them, as they were employees of the company.

As soon as the employees of their house were out of earshot, BoA said, “Looks like we’ve got new company.”

Yunho continued eating his breakfast as if BoA didn’t say anything that he haven’t expect. They were trained to be calm in any situation and they seldom talk to each other about their work. They like to keep work out of their private lives. Of course, mostly because the lesser the things that one another knew, the safer they will be. Hence, it is not always that you see the siblings not bullying, playing or joking with each other. “Who?” he asked, slicing his bacon.

“New Kim guy. Old Kim passed down his position. You’ve heard or know anything about him?”

“No. I have not heard anyone in the station mentioning his name either.”

“Be careful of him. Even though we know nothing of him, I got a feeling that he is not to be trifled with. Let me know if you know anything.”

“Sure. Yah. Are you gonna eat the eggs? Can I have it?”

“OPPA! I’M SERIOUS!”

“I’M SERIOUS ABOUT THE EGGS TOO!”

“WOO! BREAKFAST!” A third voice interrupted. Then Micky came gliding into the living room.

The Jang’s was startled by his sudden appearance and was afraid that he heard something that he was not supposed to hear.

“Morning Micky,” Yunho stuttered.