Chapter 17

Hidden Secrets

“GOSH! YOU TWO LOOK TERRIBLE! WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO LAST NIGHT?” Dana exclaimed over the breakfast table.

Micky covered his ears and closed his eyes, as if to beg silently for Dana to lower her volume. The siblings said nothing, but gave each other a few looks of disappointment every now and then.

Dana kicked Micky under the table and eyed him, nodding her head in the direction of the siblings. Micky shrugged.

Dana frowned and kicked him again. Only this time, it’s harder. Micky yelp in surprise and caught the sibling’s attention.

He cleared his throat, “BoA, is anything wrong? I know Yunho is grumpy from the long night, but what’s wrong with you?”

BoA mumbled a “nothing” and headed out towards her family car, she just didn’t feel like driving today. Dana frowned and ran after her.

“Did you guys quarrel?” Micky asked.

“It’s a brother sister thing. You won’t understand.” Yunho replied. He very much wanted to share the story with his best friend, but he knew he would have them all in trouble.

“Sooo… let me be your brother in law and I will understand.” Micky responded cheekily.

Yunho growled at him. “Don’t touch my sister.”

“HEY! I thought we’ve been through this before! You said that I could chase her!” Micky whined.

“No I didn’t. I just said I was kidding about the “don’t touch her”. I didn’t say go chase her.” Yunho answered.

Micky pouted and crossed his arms around his chest.

Yunho laughed and left the house, with Micky trailing behind him.

“Is BoA still in touch with that blondie?” Micky asked.

“Who?”

“Kim Jae Joong.”

“Oh! Joongie? Yup.”

“Joongie?” Micky raised his eyebrows. “YOU CALL HIM JOONGIE NOW? WHEN HAVE YOU GUYS BECOME SO CLOSE! WHY DON’T I KNOW?”

“Micky, he’s BoA’s friend. And besides, I’ve only called him Joongie once. It was meant to be a joke. Are you jealous? I can call you Yoochunnie if you want.” Yunho joked.

Micky growled. “Are you going to help me?”

“With what?”

“To chase BoA! Don’t tell me you can’t tell that blondie is interested in her too?” Micky hollered.

“Of course I know. She has got the Jang’s genes of good looks and beautiful heart.”

“I know! Hey… are you complimenting yourself?” Micky frowned.

Yunho cackled. “I won’t help anyone. It’s BoA’s heart. Not my heart. And besides, I don’t think we will be talking till she forgives me.”

“So you guys did quarrel. And it’s your fault this time round.” Micky replied knowingly.

“Shut up.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“BoA, what’s wrong with you and Yunho?”

“Nothing Dana.” BoA sighed, trying her best to concentrate on the road.

“Right. Do you think I’m blind or something?” Dana frowned.

“It’s just that… Never mind…” BoA said upsettingly.

“Come on BoA. Don’t you trust me?” Dana pouted.

“ARGH! Don’t give me that face! You remind me of Micky Oppa!” BoA whined.

Dana pouted even more.

“It’s just that… it doesn’t feel good to be accused of something that you didn’t do even though it seemed like you did it!” BoA rambled.

“Umm… ok… So… did you do it?” Dana questioned.

“DANA!”

“OK! OK! I know! I trust you didn’t do it!” Dana said.

“Why?” BoA asked, cocking her head sideways slightly.

“Because you are best friend.”

“But you don’t even know what is the thing that I’m accuse of.”

“Because you are my friend, I trust you. If you say you didn’t, I believe you.”

BoA felt warmed and loved when she heard this. She turned her head and smiled at Dana. “Thank you. * GROWLS * You believe me, why Oppa don’t.”

“He’s silly. He’s a blockhead for suspecting you.” Dana explained.

“WOW! You know him really well! Exactly how long have you two known each other?”

Dana felt her face turned pink.

BoA’s driver drove into the school compound and left when the girls were safely in school.

Dana hung her arm around BoA’s shoulders and pinches her cheek with the other hand. “Jae Joong did not trust you once. But you came to understand and forgive him. Yunho is your Oppa. You will have to forgive him sooner.” Dana reasoned.

“That didn’t really make any sense Dana. I can be upset with my own Oppa too.”

“Well… all it matters is that he loves you and you love him. I hate to see you and Yunho this way.” Dana had a tinge of pink across her face when she mentioned Yunho.

“We’ll see.” BoA smiled. “Dana really likes Oppa!” She thought. “If only Oppa would forgive me for getting over such small matters, it will be easier to pull them together.”

“BoA!” a male voice pierced across the air.

BoA turned and came face to face with Jae Joong. BoA blushed and looked away quickly for their faces was only inches apart.

Dana grinned and smacked Jae Joong on his back while he was still crouching. Jae Joong wince, muttered “Gorilla” softly and stood back up straight.

“What are you doing here?” Dana grinned.

“To look for BoA of course.”

BoA smiled. “Don’t you have to work?”

“I do. But all I can think about is you since the moment I woke up. So I know I’ve just got to see you.”

BoA blushed. Dana slowly retreated and left the sweet couple alone. “At 9 in the morning? I’ve got classes.”

“Aww… Come on… I came especially for you… Can’t you skip?” Jae Joong grinned.

BoA pretended to think over carefully. She knew she don’t even have to think to answer him, but she just couldn’t resist disturbing Jae Joong to see his cute pleads.

“Pretty pleeeeease?” Jae Joong widens his eyes and blinked at her, all the while pouting.

BoA laughed crazily and walked towards Jae Joong’s car.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Why did you bring me here?” BoA asked.

“It’s a place where I do all my thinking and grumble my complains.” Jae Joong smile. “It’s my secret place.”

BoA frowned. “If this is your secret place, then why are you letting me know?”

“It’s because you’re special.”

“Special?”

“Special. So special I want to share my everything with you.”

BoA blushed and looked away. The waves crashed onto the sand and returned, taking everything away.

“I used to write on the sand and letting the waters erase it away. It worked a little. It has erased my pains, erased my remorse, and erased my anger. But I figured it is too much work so I just say it. I have too many things to ‘declare’.” Jae Joong laughed. He laughed at his lines, he laughed for he knew it never really worked. He has done too much evil.

BoA laughed too, but at Jae Joong’s child-like behaviour. She too had a secret place to write all her pain, remorse and anger. But she stopped when she realize how much trouble everyone will be in if they find her diaries. She had no choice, but to burnt those that spoke of the gang. She has taken the wrong path right from the start.

“Thank you. For sharing this place with me.” BoA smiled sincerely. She now has a place to digress, and can be sure that it will leave no evidence behind.