Chapter 34

Hidden Secrets

( Jae Joong’s POV )

“Jae Joong? We need to talk.” Yunho said over the phone.


I kept quiet. Talk about what? He has been calling since yesterday. I don’t want to talk about anything. I took the phone away from my ear and turned it off. Hearing his voice reminds me of BoA.


“Maybe you should talk to him,” Changmin walked in and said.


I looked at him, offended that he hasn’t learnt anything about knocking and not to eavesdrop on other people’s conversation.


Junsu came in and said, almost exasperately, “She’s leaving.”


My eyes widen. With Yoochun?


“I don’t care if you want to hear it or not. BoA’s leaving and she’s leaving tomorrow. She’s never coming back.” Junsu continued on.


Why? BoA… hearing her name makes me go weak inside. Tears were threatening to fall again.


“You can ignore everyone, anyone but her. You know she didn’t mean it that day. You know everyone was oblivious to it all. But she didn’t know. You owe her an explanation. Don’t you love her?” Changmin said. I sense his anger arising.


I know. But i decided not to listen to their nonsense any longer. It must be some stupid lie to get us to get back together. She will be happy with Yoochun. I took my suit jacket off the rack and left my office, leaving those two behind.


So what if we truly love each other? Is it that simple to get us together again? Everything is not the same as before. We have different identities now.



( Changmin’s POV )

“We’ve tried…” I said.


“I know… Thanks for your help anyway. So you guys coming tomorrow? Her flight is 9 a.m you know that right?” Yunho said over the phone.


“Yup… Rest assured we will be at the airport at about 8 perhaps?”


“Yeah… Thanks… Bye Changmin,” Yunho replied tiredly.


“Bye…”


“Looks like they haven’t got much rest as well,” Junsu said.


“Yeah… As tough as she’s supposed to be, she’s still a girl.”


“No… She’s not still a girl. She’s BoA. The BoA we know. If only Jae Joong realises that.” Junsu retorted. And I know that he’s wrong by saying Jae Joong didn’t know… Jae Joong knows BoA. He knows her.


He waved goodbye and left. *sighs* Junsu seems busy these days especially after the whole fiasco. I wonder why?



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


“Where have you been?”


“With BoA, Gramps.” Micky replied sadly.


“So how is she?” Grandpa smirked.


“Gramps… If I didn’t know better, I swear you seem happier hearing BoA unhappy,” Micky said accusingly.


Grandpa pretended to look shocked.


“She’s leaving tomorrow.”


“Oppa…”


Micky turned around and came face to face with Hyorin who was standing at the doorway.


She gave a small wave at Granndpa and smile sadly to Micky, “Micky Oppa, why is it that after all these time, you still care about BoA more than me? Why can’t you come to love me?”


“You can make me marry you, but you can never make me love you,” Micky replied harshly.


Hyorin shook her head, turned away and headed out.



( Park Head’s / Grandpa’s POV )

Good. Hyorin can finally set her heart in killing her now. And tomorrow is the best day.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


( Junsu’s POV )

“Tomorrow must be the day. He has been waiting forever to eliminate the Jjang’s and the Kim’s.”


I nodded.


“Everything will be done before that Ms. Jung and the rest arrives at the airport. We must get him this time. This has taken too long and caused too many deaths.”


I nodded again and bit my lip nervously. Although I know this is the best time for us to get the Park’s Head, but this is also the time where Jae Joong, BoA, Changmin and Yunho are the most distracted and vulnerable. What if they get hurt? I glanced around the abandoned room situated in the middle of nowhere.


“Only when the Park’s Head appear we can take action…” He stopped halfway.


The Head of my team seems to sense my nervousness. “Junsu, I assure you that no one will get hurt and everything will end tomorrow. No more undercover, no more lying. You can truly be friends with them if you want to.”


I salute him as I prepare to leave the room. “Yes Sir!”


I turn around to leave. “Junsu?”


“No matter what happens tomorrow, you know it will be the end of our mission. And your cover will be blown. You know you will be in a dangerous position with the Kim and Jjang’s gang if things really did go wrong, right?”


I nodded with my back facing him and blinked back tears. They are my friends. They wouldn’t hurt me right?


“The force appreciates what you have done for us. You were the only one I trust on this undercover job. I’m proud of you.”


My hand grabbed on the door knob tightly. “Thanks Dad. See you at home.”



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


( The next day )

( BoA’s POV )

I woke up at 5 in the morning even though I only have to wake up at 6.30. I slowly took my time to wash up and began to walk around the house starting from the outside.


I went over to my parents grave as I smiled and touched their gravestones, leaving them flowers I bought yesterday. “I’m sorry for leaving, Appa, Omma.. I’m going to start anew. Open a small clothing store. Nothing big to attract attention. Perhaps one day, I will be back. Saranghae Appa, Omma.” I left their graves quickly. The more I see them, the more I feel hesitant to leave.


I went into the kitchen that I often use to try and make food for Yunho Oppa and Yoochun Oppa. I touched the sink, the cabinets, the fridge. The sink where Oppa used to carry me with one arm over my waist and help me wash my hands when I was younger. The cabinets where Oppa used to open and slammed it shut in search for food. The fridge where Oppa gets his daily intake of coke and I get my vanilla ice-cream. The kitchen that is now more frequent by Dana than me.


I came out into the dining room next to the living room. I pulled out my chair and sat on it. I could literally see Oppa sitting opposite me, helping me with my homework. I could see Dana feeding Oppa her food. I smiled.


Walking to the living room where Oppa always play video games with Yoochun Oppa, and oh how they had screamed there during those soccer games. I giggled to myself. And this is where… where the 5 guys met. I remember vividly the look on Jae Joong’s face when Yunho Oppa and Yoochun Oppa accused that they were kidnappers. Jae Joong…


I fell back upon the couch and sobbed softly. If only he knew that I love him as him. I will stay if he asked me to. I will. But it’s too late.


I felt a pair of arms hugging me from my right as I smelt Yunho Oppa’s scent. I hugged him in return, taking in his scent for the last time. Not his cologne, but his scent, the scent that has been with him since young. My Oppa’s scent.


I don’t know how or when I fell asleep, but when I woke up, I was already in the back seat of Oppa’s car with him driving and Dana next to him. I sat up straight and look out the window, taking a last look at this city that I’ve grown up in.


“Oppa… The gang…”


“Don’t worry. There is Uncle Wan.” Oppa replied. I hear a tinge of sadness in his voice. I cringe.


“Dana…”


“I will take good care of your company. No worries.” She smiled slightly.


“I was gonna say you can drive my car. But since you mentioned the company… yeah… that too.” I joked.


Dana and Oppa just smiled, but I know it was all for show. I’m sorry. I really am.



( Yoochun’s POV )

I walked down my stairs only to find Hyorin sitting in the living room. I almost forgot she was going to travel with me to the airport. I walked out the doors without acknowledging her presence. The whole ride to the airport was silent. I only heard my heart crying.



( Jae Joong’s POV )

I heard someone walking up the stairs. I wonder who it is. It is still too early for Changmin to be up. I heard his door being knocked on and Junsu’s voice thereafter. “Changmin ah! Wake up or we’ll miss sending BoA! We’re late!”


His words were like a slap across my face. My heartbeat quickened. She’s really leaving. The whole night I prayed for this to be a joke but apparently not.


I heard Changmin opening his door. “I didn’t even sleep. There’s no need to wake up.” And they both walked towards my room.


I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep, hoping that they would not hear my thumping heart.


My room door opened as I felt a cast of light shining in from the corridor outside. “You seriously not coming?” Junsu asked quietly. He seems up-tight. I did not reply.


“Fine! Pretend to sleep all you want!” Changmin scolded, leaving the door wide open as the light kept on shining onto me.


I stepped out of bed and went to the windows, I saw Changmin getting into his own car and Junsu into his own.


Tears fell from my eyes. I felt breathless. Good-bye BoA. I love you. I really do. I can’t live without you. I can’t… I can’t… Wait what am I doing? I love her! And… and she loves me too! We… we can overcome anything as long as we are together! It’s just that easy! I had struggled to come to terms that I wanted to woo her! She must have too before she admitted to loving me! Why are we giving up now? Yoochun… Yoochun is only a friend to her! Yoochun can never replace me like how someone else can never replace BoA in my heart! Wait for me BoA! Please wait for me!



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


( At the airport )

The Jung’s, along with Dana, Yoochun and Hyorin were standing near the departure gates. Yunho kept holding on to BoA’s hand as if he was afraid that if he releases her hand, she will be gone. Dana looked at the siblings sadly and sympathetically, holding back her tears.


“BoA, why not let Dana and I come with you? We can leave everything behind if you want us with you.” Yunho asked, pleadingly.


Dana nodded profusely. She strongly believes that without BoA, she will never be able to lead the happy life she has now.


Yoochun kept his head down in silence. Deep inside him, he wished that BoA would agree to her brother’s request, and even better, ask him along. But knowing BoA, she wouldn’t. He clenched his fists tightly.


Hyorin was quiet the whole time too, but she was aware of all of Yoochun’s reactions. Not just that, she was aware of her surroundings too. She wished BoA never existed.


BoA smiled, albeit sadly. “Oppa, don’t be silly. It’s not because I’m in danger that I’m leaving. I’m just escaping from… some problems. Which you and Dana need not. Besides, are you going to suppress Dana’s talent by asking her to work for me in some small store? She is meant for greater things…”


“Like you are,” Changmin’s voice interrupted.


“You guys are late!” BoA whined.


“Ask that pig,” Junsu pointed at Changmin, who glared at him in return.


“Must you really leave?” Changmin complained. “Can you not?” He pleaded.


“Yeah. Can you not?” Hyorin suddenly spoke up, and got surprised stares from the others. One would think that she is the happiest that BoA’s leaving.


Hyorin grabbed onto BoA’s arm and pulled her next to her. “You were born here, and it is only right that you die here!” She pulled out a revolver and cocked the gun, pointing it at BoA, earning shrieking screams from other people in the airport.


“BoA!” Yunho hollered.


Yunho and Yoochun draws out their guns immediately out of reflexes, having done it many times. Yunho quickly pushed Dana towards Changmin, trusting him to bring Dana to safety.


Junsu cursed under his breath and knew that if he drew his revolver at that moment, everything that his team has worked for will be gone to waste. The Park’s Head will realize that Junsu is an undercover cop and know that the police are on his trail, allowing him to escape once again, leaving no evidence behind. “This has to end today. Calm down Junsu. This is our only chance. Da*n. Why must this thing happen today?”



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Changmin half-pulled, half-dragged the reluctant Dana with him out of the airport.


“Changmin!” Jae Joong’s voice reaches Changmin and Dana as soon as they stepped out the hall. He looked at Changmin and Dana’s locked hands and sense that something wrong was going on. He immediately turned and ran in in full speed.


“Jae!” Changmin shouted as he tossed his revolver to Jae Joong. “Save BoA!”


( Jae Joong’s POV )

“Changmin!” I shouted for him once I saw him. Finally! Curse this big airport. Err… Why are they holding hands? Why is Dana sobbing? Why is Changmin sweating so profusely? Something’s going on. I turned and headed towards the sliding doors in full speed.


“Jae!” Changmin called out. He tossed me his revolver. “Save BoA!”


I froze for a millisecond before running. That was all he needed to say for my heart to stop beating.



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as Changmin took Dana away, Yunho’s mind began to churn for a suitable line to coax Hyorin into releasing BoA. At the same time, he was praying for his sister who is well-trained in the art of defense is able to escape from her.


“Don’t even think of trying your martial arts on me Jung BoA, you will be killed immediately.” Hyorin threatened, as Yunho felt his heart pumping rapidly.


“Let her go or we’ll shoot!” Yoochun shouted.


Hyorin grabbed BoA closer to her as she said teasingly, “Oh, we’ll just have to see who gets killed first.”


Everyone felt their blood turned cold.


“BoA!” Jae Joong’s voice echoed in the already empty.


“Jae?” BoA whispered softly. “You came…”


Yoochun shook Jae Joong’s image out of his head as he pleaded, trying to sound calm. “Hyorin! It’s me you want! Just let BoA go! I will do anything! I will hold our wedding right away!”


“Too late! You’re months too late!” Hyorin screamed hysterically, before pulling the trigger.


BANG!

“BOA!”

Jae Joong, Yunho, Yoochun and Junsu watched helplessly as BoA’s body landed on the floor with a thud.

All of them felt as though as they were the ones that were shot.

Hyorin turned with a satisfied smile playing on her lips, as she pointed her gun at Jae Joong.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


( Over at Dana and Changmin’s )

BANG!

Changmin squeezed his eyes shut. He felt his hair stands on it ends. “BoA… No…”


“BoA!” Dana screamed and struggled from Changmin’s deadly grasp.


Changmin held on dearly to Dana and constantly pulled her back with every step she took. “Let me go!” She struggled and cried. “Let me go!”


Dana fell onto the ground and cried. Changmin positioned himself next to her and held her tightly as she sobbed and choked. “I’m sorry Dana. BoA will want us to protect you too.”



xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

As soon as BoA’s body touched the ground, the Park’s Head and gang appeared out of nowhere with guns in their hands.


Yoochun eyes widened in surprise, as he recognizes his grandfather walking towards Hyorin, with half of the gang behind him and others scattered around. “Gramps?”


“Hyorin’s with Park? Da*n.” Junsu muttered under his breath.


“Grandfather?” Yunho frowned. Suddenly, it dawned onto Jae Joong and Yunho as to who the old man might be.


“It’s your turn Kim Jae Joong!” The Park’s Head said, as he took Hyorin’s gun and aimed it at Jae Joong. Jae Joong quickly reacted by drawing out his own.


Wiping his tears, he raised it and aimed it at the Park’s Head. “Don’t!” Junsu said as he stepped up in front of him, drawing out his own revolver. Yunho and Yoochun immediately recognize the revolver and knew that Junsu was one of them. “Get BoA first!” Junsu whispered furiously. “I will cover you!”


Jae Joong nodded and made a quick move towards BoA and the shooting began.


The police finally came out from their initial positions as they started backing up for Junsu, Yunho and Yoochun. Yoochun was confuse as to everything that was going on, but one thing he knew was that his grandfather wasn’t just the simple Park’s International chairman.


Junsu looked back at Jae Joong who had thrown himself over the unconscious BoA to protect her already injured and bleeding body, and shouted amidst the cross-fire for him to make a dash outside at the count of three.


Yunho shot and moved towards Junsu, joining him in protecting his sister and Jae Joong. They shot and ran and jumped over dead bodies, praying that their friends and loved ones make it out safe and alive.


Suddenly, Jae Joong halted to a stop, Junsu and Yunho stopping merely a few inches behind him.


“Where do you think you are going Kim Jae Joong?” Yoochun’s grandfather snickered, pointing his gun towards Jae Joong, as he wiped the blood of others that was smeared on his face away.
 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


The next chapter will be the last of this fic =) I hope readers liked this long update!