Chapter 11

Hidden Secrets

  The trio was in the living room discussing about BoA. Yunho started off with what BoA told him just now about school, Dana continued from him when he reached the part about meeting BoA and Hyorin and Jae Joong continued from Dana when she reached the part where they parted till the running out of restaurant part.

Dana shot Jae Joong a glare. “YAH! SO YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MADE BOA CRIED! YOU IFFING IDIOT!” and she smacked him on the arm.

Jae Joong winced and said, “YAH! MUST YOU SMACK ME?”

“I HAVE TO! YOU IDIOT!” and she smacked him again.

Jae Joong decided that it was wiser if he just shut his trap.

“Ahem… so… let me send you back home,” Yunho offered.

“It’s ok. I can go back on my own,” Dana smiled tiredly.

“Well… I can send you back since I’m leaving as well,” Jae Joong suggested.

“Nah…” Dana said as she stood up from the couch.

“Please,” Yunho said, remembering that she lived in an awful area. Even though she may have a mighty voice and mighty strength, but it still belongs to the female category. “Let Joongie send you home. BoA will kill us if she knows you were left to go home on your own.”

Jae Joong raised his eyebrow and mouthed, “Joongie? You crazy maniac!”

Yunho just stifle a laugh and eyed him to convince her.

“Or, you could stay here overnight,” Jae Joong grinned.

Yunho glared at him and mouth, “Yah! You wanna die? She’ll drive me crazy in the morning with her loud voice!”

“What’s with all the silent talking and all?” Dana eyed them suspiciously. “I can’t stay overnight. I don’t have my school uniform with me. So I guess I can only be allowed to go home if I traveled with one of you guys right?”

Yunho pumped his fist in the air when Dana’s back was turned towards him. Jae Joong just rolled his eyes at his childish acts.

“Yunho, why don’t you take me? I think it will be better if BoA sat his car first. It’s kinda bad if I sat the car of the person she likes before she did. Am I making sense? I think I am. Bye Joongie!” Dana said and dragged Yunho out of the house.

“That’s Jae Joong Oppa to you!” Jae Joong screamed.

“I WON’T CALL YOU OPPA UNTIL BOA CALLS YOU THAT! DON’T WORRY! I’M SURE IT WON’T BE LONG! SEEING THAT YOU ARE SO NICE TO OFFER TO TAKE ME HOME, I WILL PUT IN A GOOD WORD FOR YOU TOMORROW! BYE JOONGIE!” Dana giggled.

Yunho covered his ears with his palms and shook his head.

“YAH! YOU BETTER THINK OF A WAY TO COAX MY BABY SISTER! I WILL BAN YOU FROM THE HOUSE IF YOU HAVEN’T GOT IT SETTLE TOMORROW!” Yunho shouted. “CLOSE THE GATE WHEN YOU LEAVE THE HOUSE JOONGIE!”

Jae Joong threw his hands up in the air, exasperated.


( Over at Yunho’s )

Yunho and Dana sat in silence in his black ride. And it’s an awkward silence too. Dana looked out the window and sighed.

Yunho sneaked a peak at her and cleared his throat. “Uhh… I’ve heard your story from BoA.”

Dana’s heart almost stopped when she heard that, she didn’t reply and continued to look out, shifting uncomfortably in her seat. She feels bare facing this Yunho guy. A guy whom knew her awful past. A guy whom knows her as the girl who was sold to a man that beat her up and almost her. A guy whom knew her everything, but who Kang Dana really is. A tear dropped and she quickly wiped it away.

Yunho’s heart softens when he saw her wiped away her tear. A girl so small having to endure all those pain when she could have lived a better life. He was sorry for calling her a gorilla just now.

“Why are you crying?” Yunho asked, unsure of whether he should just keep his mouth shut and pretend he didn’t see her cry.

“It’s nothing.” Dana replied and looked down at her hands that were placed neatly on her lap. “It’s just that… I feel shameful… having you know all those things…”

Yunho slowly drove his car to a stop on a street. He turned and looked at Dana, whom was constantly fidgeting in her seat. He lifted her face towards him and said softly, “There’s nothing for you to be ashamed of. You have to stand tall and proud to show those who hurt you that you can survive on your own. It is because they belittle you that they abuse you.”

Dana just nodded and sniffled. Yunho wiped away her tears with his fingers, the same way he did for BoA. Dana jumped a little at his thoughtful gesture and blushed. Yunho blushed and look away when he realized that Dana had blushed.

“Uhh… are you hungry? Let’s go for supper. My treat.” Yunho stuttered, turned off the engine and stepped out of his car. He thought that with Dana’s financial status now, she might even have to skipped meals to save money for her projects.

Dana didn’t have a chance to reply so she just followed after him to a small restaurant. They sat and Yunho ordered food for both of them. “Hey! You didn’t ask me what I want!” Dana whined.

“I figured you would eat anything. It’s bad to be a choosy eater. Look at BoA. So short. Good example of a choosy eater.”

Dana giggled. “I will tell her that tomorrow.”

“YAH! DON’T! She’d kill me!” Yunho begged.

“Really! I hope she’d invite me to the show when it happens!” Dana smiled cheekily.

Yunho smiled too.

At a corner, someone was smiling at them. Not an “aww so sweet” smile, but an evil smile. “Look who’s here? That b*tch BoA’s new friend with one of her boyfriends. This is going to be fun when I show her the photos tomorrow!” and she giggled like a crazy maniac and started taking photographs of Yunho and Dana with her digital cam, earning glares from those sitting near her.


( Over at Jae Joong’s )

“Yah Changmin. Can you help me locate that crazy b*tch Hyorin. I’ve heard stories about her from Yunho. I think I need to teach her a lesson.”

“You want to go on your own?” Changmin asked.

“Course not. She might recognize me when I go meet BoA tomorrow.”

“So you guys are good now?”

“*sighs* Not yet. Long story. Tell you when I get home. Get one or two men to just punch her in the face. Since she’s apparently the schools Queenka. Just a punch! That way she will have no excuse to be away from school. And asked the men to lay their fingers off her! I don’t want any under me.”

“Sure.”


On a dim ally, screams could be heard. “Who sent you? Don’t you guys know who I am? Stop hitting me!” she screamed.

“We know! You’re a b*tch! And stop screaming you fool! It’s just a punch in your face! A punch! Must you scream as though as we are you! And we have not even used the acid on you yet!”

“AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

“She escaped.”

“Well, we followed orders and already gave her a punch. It’s fine.”

“I don’t remember having acid with us.”

“Yah! I’m just scaring her. Giving her an opportunity to run away. What kind of person escapes from a fight with a gang without being at least beaten half dead, or for her case, . It will be so disgraceful if anyone hears that we let her go. Of course we must have a reason to let her escape.”

“Oh!”