Chapter 30

Hidden Secrets

“Morning Jae,” Changmin yawned as he walked down the stairs with Junsu dragging his feet behind him.

“Morning,” Jae Joong replied. “When did you arrive Junsu? Why didn’t I see you?” he asked, puzzled.

“Actually, I didn’t leave last night because we were waiting for you. SO… cut the crap and tell us how did it go!” Junsu babbled.

“*sighs* Long story short. I proposed, BoA said yes, Yunho said no. End of story.”

“Huh?” Changmin said confused, as sleepiness was still taking over him.

“That means, you two are not getting married?” Junsu analysed. “That is not suppose to happen.” He thought.

“But how……” Changmin started.

“Sir? There’s a delivered mail for you.” The butler of the Kim’s household said as he passed the mail to Jae Joong and left the living room.

Changmin and Jae Joong sat on the couch staring at the mail quizzically while Junsu stared at them.

“Who could it be from?” Changmin asked, raising his eyebrow at Jae Joong.

“No mail has ever been sent to our house before. Even our electrical bills and such are sent to the company.” Jae Joong said, confusion written all over his face. “Who knows our address?”

Junsu, taking this as a chance to know things a little better, listen intently and alertly. “Open it.”

Jae Joong picked up the package and tore it open. There was nothing but a letter. He glanced through it as Changmin and Junsu saw Jae Joong’s eyes grew wider every few seconds till he threw the letter on the table angrily. “DAMMIT! Somebody knows my identity. He wants to meet me.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

*poke poke*

“Go away,” the sleeping girl mumbled.

*poke poke*

“Stop that…”

*poke poke*

BoA opened her eyes and squinted at the tall figure hovering over her. It didn’t take long for her to recognize the figure as her brother. “Oppa…” she whined, “why do you always have to wake me up this way?”

“Cause it’s fun,” Yunho replied in all smiles.

“…”

“We need to talk.”

BoA sat up as Yunho took a seat on her bed.

Yunho cleared his throat nervously. “I know I shouldn’t have screamed at you last night. It is my fault and I did that because I care. You do understand right?”

BoA stared at her brother blankly and nodded. The siblings were never able to be mad at each other for long, for they only have each other, and they knew it. Perhaps it was because of the fact that it is no longer just the two of them in their lives, Yunho weren’t sure if things were still the same.

“Oppa… Of course I do understand.” BoA leaned over and gave him a hug. “My Oppa only has my interest at heart. Jae Joong and I will wait till you agree. I want your blessings. We want your blessings.”

“Of course,” Yunho smiled, as he brushed BoA’s hair with his fingers.

“What’s that?” BoA asks, pointing at an envelope on her bed.

“Oh that? It’s a delivered mail for you.” Yunho explained while passing the envelope to her.

“For me?” BoA frowned and tore the envelope open neatly. She read through the contents while Yunho look at her slowly bit her bottom lip. BoA dropped the letter on her bed, while staring into space as if her soul was gone and her world had fallen apart.

“What’s wrong dimples?” Yunho snatched the letter away from her fingers. He skimmed the contents and shook BoA hard. “! You know what this means? DAMMIT! Are you really going to meet him? Don’t you dare go Jung BoA!”

“What difference would it make? He already knows who I am and where I live. It does not matter if I go.” BoA said, nodding her head, as if convincing herself that the truth about their identity that they had desperately kept away from others has finally been found out.

“Don’t be stupid! I won’t let you go! Never!” Yunho hollered, causing Dana to barged into the room wide-eyed. Yunho picked up his phone and dialed a number. “Uncle Woo? We need to talk. Now. It’s an emergency.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Uncle Woo, will you be ok by yourself?” BoA asked worriedly in the office.

Uncle Woo ruffled her hair and smiled. “Little BoA, have I ever made you worried?”

BoA smiled sadly with tears in her eyes. “This time it’s different. We don’t know who’s the one that we are dealing with. This isn’t right. They have requested for me and the Kim’s gang head personally…”

“Silly girl. All your uncles will protect and follow your father wish of keeping your identity away from others, and I am willing to die just to protect you and your brother.”

“Uncle Woo, don’t say things like that. Since they already know, why not just let me go face them?”

“What if it’s meant to be a trap? They just pretended to know so that you and the Kim head will appear. Once they know your identity, who knows what they would want from us? We have to protect your identity no matter what. We will have to kill them all, whether or not they know who you are.”

“I’ve never wanted things to be this way. I never wanted anybody to kill. Especially for me.”

Uncle Woo took BoA’s hands in his and held it lightly. “Nobody ever wanted things to come to this. But we have no choice.”

Uncle Woo smiled at Yunho and BoA, before walking away from them.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Wouldn’t BoA ask why you aren’t home?” Changmin asked as Junsu drove them to the pub.

“I must be getting lucky. She had to return to her company for extra work anyway,” Jae Joong sighed, massaging his temples. “I guess that’s the advantage of dating a super busy woman when you need to disappear at night.”

“That’s what you get for getting attached,” Changmin said, making fun of him.

“Hey! But I’m happy,” Jae Joong smiled just thinking about BoA.

Junsu laughed. “On a brighter note, hopefully we will get a glimpse of the Jjang’s head tonight.”

“I’m curious though. Will he really turn up just because some person threatens to expose our identity?” Jae Joong reasoned.

“Exactly. That is why we will not be appearing as well. We will just keep a lookout across the street,” Changmin said.

Junsu prayed silently that back up would arrive on time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“You! What are you doing here? Aren’t you the Park’s head?” Uncle Woo asked curiously.

“Well well. I see you do remember me.” He smirked.

“You were the one who asked the Jjang and Kim’s head here?” Uncle Wan asked.

“I suppose you aren’t here prepared for a shoot out. Oops. My bad. You are.” He smiled, looking at the men standing behind Uncle Woo. “I guess Jung BoA and Kim Jae Joong don’t have the guts to appear.”

“What do you mean by Kim Jae Joong?” Uncle Woo furrowed his eyebrows.

“Silly silly silly people. You see. You guys are so ignorant to everything that’s going on. Don’t you see! BoA’s husband-to-be. Mr Kim Jae Joong is the Gang Head of the Kim’s.” He laughed. “She is going to marry to her enemy and he is going to be marry his enemy! Unknowingly! What an irony! And all these while those two dumb*ss were desperately trying to locate each other when they are actually with each other!”

Uncle Woo cursed under his breath.

“I only knew Jung BoA was Jjang’s gang head. Kim Jae Joong was an unexpected player that joined my hunting game too early. I wanted to kill off the Jjang’s before heading for the Kim’s, and his appearance threw me aback.”

“How did you know about BoA’s identity?” Uncle Woo demanded.

“You see Woo. With the kind of resources we all have, it’s not hard to find someone if we have a lead. And my lead is you! How hard is it to link you to beloved Jung BoA?” The Park’s head laughed heartily. “Of course, I cannot confirm that she’s the one, but I placed someone near. It’s not exactly hard to be sweet BoA’s friend.”

“Who? Dammit who?!” Uncle Woo boomed.

“Make a guess. Come on, humor this old man who has never had the chance to be the Number One Gang Head.” He laughed.

“I have got no mood to play games with you!” Uncle Woo boomed and got punched in the face by the Park.

“Hyorin sounds familiar to you?” The Park’s head laughed.

“Da*n. It’s that b*tch.” Uncle Woo muttered. “Who else have you placed with us you b*stard!”

“No one else,” he smiled, “Nobody else knows about this but her.”

.“Just to let you know, you should have brought more men with you.” The Park’s Gang Head took out his gun, pointed at him and cocked it.

“You will not win this game!” Uncle Woo retorted.

“Hahaha! I will! Believe me I will!” The Park’s Gang Head laughed. “What will happen to your precious Yunho and BoA when everyone knows who the Jjang’s Head and Kim’s Head is? Chaos I tell you! Chaos! I wonder if sweet BoA will kill Jae Joong or Hyorin for being the enemy or if she will kill me for you?”

“Don’t you da…”

“Do you know why I have got to kill you?”

Uncle Woo glared at him fiercly.

“I can’t have you revealing the fact to BoA, Yunho, Micky and Jae Joong.” The Park’s Gang Head laughed evilly.

“Wait… what the heck has this got to do with Micky?”

“Oh! You don’t remember?” The Park’s head pretended to look surprised. “Micky is the heir to Park’s International. And Park’s International is mine. Would I let you out alive to tell him my identity and cause me to lose my beloved grandson?” And he pulled the trigger.