Chapter 22

Hidden Secrets

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

Dana covered her ears with her palms and shut her eyes tight. “Gees… How can that loud screaming come from BoA?”

“WHAT IS GOING ON?” Yunho demanded an explanation from BoA.

“HOW COULD THEY! IT’S DANA’S DAY TODAY!”

“Don’t change the topic BoA!” Yunho reprimanded.

“I’m not Oppa!” BoA whined.

“Then how did that ‘Jang’s siblings in love’ headline come about?”

“Oppa, you know better than to be affected by what the tabloids says. Besides, you ARE dating Dana.”

“NOT ME! YOU! YOU’RE DATING CHANGMIN! THERE’S EVEN A PHOTOGRAPH OF YOU BUYING HIM A SUIT!”

“Oppa, which part of ‘you know better than to be affected by the tabloids’ do you not understand? I’m not dating Changmin Oppa! Dana was there too!”

“Yeah Yunnie. I was there with them. They just didn’t shoot me in the picture.” Dana explained.

BoA grimaced at the mushy couple and pouted. “Yah yah yah… I’m neither blind nor deaf… Keep your sweet nothings between yourselves.”

Dana grinned. “Besides, you know BoA only has heart for you know who.”

“HEY…” BoA smacked Dana lightly on the shoulders. “I’m sorry Dana. It’s supposed to be your day today. * sighs * I guess we will be bombarded with questions related to this dating thing than questions about you and your gift for designing.”

“It’s ok. I will just take it as a way for people to notice me. Not a great way, but yeah. You get what I mean.” Dana reassured.

Both BoA and Yunho know Dana said that to make BoA feel better. But it made her more miserable instead.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“JAEJOONG! STOP!” Junsu screamed till his voice went hoarse, while attempting to pull Jae Joong away from the almost suffocating Changmin.

“HOW COULD YOU! I TRUSTED YOU!” Jae Joong reached over to Changmin again.

“AHHHHHHHHHHHH! LET ME EXPLAIN!” Changmin gasps for breath.

Junsu finally manage to pin Jae Joong down on Changmin’s bed. He sat on top of him to prevent Jae Joong from struggling away. Changmin was kneeling on the ground struggling for breath.

“She’s the girl I want.” Jae Joong grumbled childishly under Junsu.

Junsu patted his shoulders lightly, catching his breath as well.

“BoA gave me the suit as a gift. Just a friendship gift, and nothing else Jae. I swear.”

“Really?” Jae Joong questioned doubtfully.

“Of course! I would have just told you if we really were dating! We are best friends. I won’t go after someone you like!”

Jae Joong kept quiet and began to think about what Changmin said. Finally satisfied with his explanation, he lifted himself up, making Junsu tumble off him and onto Changmin’s bed.

“Sorry man. Let’s get ready for the mini press conference for Dana’s signing of contract.” Jae Joong chirped.

Junsu rolled his eyes at how fast Jae Joong’s mood changes.

“I still don’t understand why there is a need for a press conference though. It’s just signing of contract for some employee.” Junsu asked.

“Well, Jang’s Fashion is not just any other company. And don’t you know that BoA is the only designer in the house? Having another designer in the house is like adding a new family member and competitor. Of course she has to make it known to others.” Changmin explained, while pulling out the suit BoA gave him yesterday.

Junsu frowned and peeked at Jae Joong. Jae Joong pouted. “Must you wear that?” he complained.

“This is the only suit I have from BoA’s company. It’s only courtesy that I wear something of theirs right?” Changmin grumbled while the other two laughs at the pouting look he has on his face.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“*sighs*” BoA held onto the side of the dress, grabbing it tightly, looking troubled.

“What’s wrong dimples?” Yunho asked, tying his tie in front of the mirror in the living room. “You are going to crumple your dress this way,” Yunho joked.

“Oppa. I think I’m in love.” BoA muttered softly. Yunho stopped tying and turned to face his sister, while he saw Dana softly backing away from them, giving them some private time.

“With who?” Yunho questioned gently.

“Umm… Jae Joong Oppa,” BoA whispered and blushed.

Yunho took a good look at his baby sister and noticed how pretty she has grown up to become. Though her actions weren’t really feminine (his fault sleep.gif), but she was still an attractive and cute girl nonetheless. He eyed her silently and looked at her face, noticing her unhappy expression.

“I see. What else is troubling you? Is it the report today?”

“Not really. I believe Changmin Oppa would have explained to him already.”

Yunho raised his eyebrows. “So what is it?”

“Oppa, how is it that my feelings can never escaped from you?”

“Because, you are my most precious sister.”

“Well technically, I am your only sister.” BoA joked. Yunho didn’t laugh nor smile. He looked at her with tender eyes, awaiting her to speak her mind.

“I know Micky Oppa likes me.” BoA blurted. Yunho gasps. “I just pretend not to know. The blushing, the awkward stares, the crazy laughter and stuff that only the two of you know. It’s kinda obvious. * sighs * Micky Oppa is my first friend apart from you, and he will always be my best friend. And I know he is your best friend too. I know that there is no point saying this, since I can’t love. But I have never and will never feel for him in the way I feel for Jae Joong Oppa.”

Yunho took BoA’s hands in his and looked at her in the eyes. “You can love dimples. You can. Just don’t make the same mistakes Dad did.”

“How can we know for sure that I wouldn’t be like Daddy?” BoA asked.

Yunho released her hands and hugged her. He rocked her softly and say, “Because I believe in you.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Seriously Jae. When are you going to confess?” Junsu asked while they were on their way to the mini conference held in the Park’s International Hotel.

Jae Joong kept quiet while gathering his thoughts. Changmin turned his head to look at the almighty Mr. Kim.

“Do you guys think today would be good?” Jae Joong asked.

Junsu slammed on his breaks. “Red light. Sorry.”

“Wow. I didn’t expect this answer.” Changmin scratched his head.

“I know. Even though I didn’t say, I’m quite worried that I will lose BoA to Micky. I mean, he knows her for a longer time than me, plus he is her brother’s best friend.”

“Jae Joong. I think you need to think over it carefully if this is the case. It appears that you are more worried about losing than whether or not you love her.” Junsu said carefully, afraid that it might anger him.

“Not true. I can’t bear to wake up in the day and realize that I will not be seeing her. I’m in love with her.” After realizing what he had just said, Jae Joong blushed crazily and cleared his throat awkwardly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I’m scared,” Dana said to the Jang’s siblings, trembling.

Yunho reached over to give her a hug. “Don’t worry. We all know that you are good. You should believe in yourself.”

Dana held onto him, inhaling his scent, smiling in content. “Thanks Yunnie.”

BoA smiled. She was very happy to see her brother and friend happily in love. In fact, she’s envious. “I wonder if there’s a day that we will be like them? Jae Joong and I.” She shook her head and smiled sadly. She remembered her brother’s word and walk out of the hotel room. She walked into the hallways, wandering aimlessly, looking onto the ground, “Can I really fall in love?”

She walked towards the windows situated near the elevators and looked down at the busy streets. Deep in her, she is yearning to be loved by Jae Joong and no one else. She began questioning herself as to why she likes… no… loves Jae Joong and realize she has got no one answer. There are too many things that show how much she loves him to even name them out one by one.

“If only he feels the same.”

“If only who feels what the same?”