Chapter 31

Hidden Secrets

BANG!

“DA*N! Was that a gun shot?” Changmin eyes widen.

Junsu jolted from his seat.

“What the…! ! We better go check it out!” Jae Joong ordered, opening the car door.

“Wait!” Junsu stopped. “Look!”

The Park’s Head and gang quickly left the pub and threw Uncle Woo’s lifeless body at the alley with the rest of the dead Jjang’s men.

When they sped away, Jae Joong, Changmin and Junsu wasted no time in hurrying to the alley.

“DA*N! That’s a lot of people they killed.” Jae Joong said.

Junsu kept quite while his eyes darted around the dark alley for a familiar face. “Please… no… no…” he whispered.

“Aren’t this people from the Jjang’s? That must mean that the Jjang’s head might be here.” Changmin reasoned.

“What do you mean… here?” Jae Joong asked.

“Dead.” Changmin replied.

“OH !” Junsu whispered, a little too loudly.

“What?” Jae Joong said as he walked over to Junsu.

“Isn’t this Uncle Woo?” Jae Joong widen his eyes in disbelieve.

“DAMMIT! IT IS!” Changmin replied while Jae Joong just stared at Uncle Woo’s dead, opened eyes.

Changmin shook Jae Joong and Junsu to bring him back, but they still did not respond.

“Jae! Junsu! Let’s go!” Changmin shouted as he heard faint sirens. Jae Joong and Junsu still didn’t budge from their positions nor moved an inch.

“! LET’S GO!” Changmin gave him a punch to sober Jae Joong and pulled Junsu along.

Unknown to all of them, the punch that Changmin gave, caused Jae Joong’s necklace to fall off.

Jae Joong sat in silence while Junsu drove, making their way back. A lot of questions like “Is Uncle Woo the Head of the Jjang’s gang?” “Does BoA know this?” and others are now running through their minds.

Jae Joong decides there’s only one way to find out. “Junsu, to BoA’s.”

“But…” Junsu muttered frantically.

“Just go…” Jae Joong glared at him.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“BoA! You need to get back home! Now!” Yunho’s voiced boomed across the room, his palm covering his phone.

“Why Oppa? I’m going to wait for Uncle Woo to come back to the company.” BoA said.

“Jung BoA! Listen to me… Go back home now!” Yunho hollered, as he flipped his phone shut.

“Why? What about you?” BoA asked nervously, as she senses the urgency in her brother’s voice.

“I’ve got a mission tonight. Just go,” Yunho dragged her out the office and pushed her into the car while he flagged for a cab and left.

BoA drove her car nervously on the road and halt to a stop when she reached her place. Dana quickly ran up to her and led her inside.

“BoA…” Dana started. “No matter what happens, you have got to listen to me clearly. Do not stop me from saying what I’m going to say.”

“All right…” BoA eyed her suspiciously.

“Yunho just called me…”

“And…?”

“A shoot out happened at the pub Uncle Woo went to…”

“Stop…”

“BoA…”

“I said stop! I don’t want to hear anymore!” BoA screamed as a tear fell out. “I know what you are going to say! Just… stop…”

“BoA… there’s more…”

BoA didn’t respond but sobbed quietly. Dana took it as a cue for her to carry on.

“Jae Joong’s necklace was found next to Uncle Woo’s body.”

“What…?” BoA let out a faint whisper as she stumbled a few steps backwards.

“I’m afraid so BoA…” Dana said. Tears welled up her eyes as she tucked BoA’s hair behind her ear. “Yunho… saw the necklace before others did… he took it…”

Just then, the front door opened and Jae Joong and the rest walked in. BoA turned to look at them. They all hung their head low, and at that moment, BoA knew they knew the death of Uncle Woo, but she didn’t want to believe it.

BoA walked up to Jae Joong and pretended that nothing was wrong. “Hey Jae, what’s wrong? Why are you guys here?”

“Nothing much…” Jae Joong replied, but his voice cracked.

BoA lifted her arm and gave Jae Joong a slap across the cheek. “YOU WERE THERE WHEN UNCLE WOO DIED WEREN’T YOU?”

Jae Joong widens his eyes in surprise and so did Changmin and Junsu. The silence in the house was deafening. “She knows…”

“OH MY GOD!” BoA gasped as she covered with her hands. “YOU ARE THE KIM’S GANG HEAD AREN’T YOU?”

Just then, everything seemed to clear up. Jae Joong and Changmin realised that Uncle Woo isn’t the Jjang’s Gang Head, BoA is.

BoA shook Jae Joong, crying and choking, “You ing b*stard. Did you kill Uncle Woo? Did you know that I am the Jjang’s head all along? Did you want to marry me not out of love?”

Jae Joong was shocked and he didn’t know how to respond, so he looked away instead of answering her. BoA shook her head in disbelieve and released her hold on Jae Joong. The moment BoA released her hold, Jae Joong turned around and left, with Changmin and Junsu following behind, leaving BoA, clutching her chest where her heart is, crying hysterically for the loss of Uncle Woo, for her shattered heart and for her lost love.