Chapter 20

Hidden Secrets

“Jae Joong? Jae Joong?” BoA called out. “Now where did he go?”

She knocked on Yunho’s room door, and opened it when her brother gave permission. She saw Yunho and Jae Joong sitting on the bed.

“Here you are. And I see Oppa has given you dry clothes.” BoA smiled.

“Yes I did, and why are you still dripping wet?” Yunho reprimanded, throwing her his towel that he left on his chair.

BoA grinned childishly and began drying her hair. Jae Joong stood up and walked towards the door. “I’ve heard. Is Dana still downstairs?”

BoA pouted and nodded. Jae Joong ruffled her hair and said, “I will be downstairs accompanying her.”

“Thank you Jae Joong Joongie.” BoA and Yunho replied simultaneously.

Jae Joong smiled at BoA and rolled his eyes at Yunho, closing the door behind him.

“Oppa. What are you afraid of?” BoA asked.

“You jolly well know. People like us…”

“Can’t be in a relationship…” BoA said, finishing his sentence.

Yunho was clearly annoyed that BoA stole his lines. “Well, I’m glad you know.”

“Oppa, Mummy and Daddy always say that we deserves the best. Dana is the best for you. Don’t you see?”

“Dimples, it’s because she is the best, I can’t love her! I just can’t!” Yunho spoke, a little too loudly.

Fear caught BoA’s throat. She knows very well why not. She has warned herself never to fall in love many times. For she knew that in her family, this was a vicious cycle. Everything will happen all over again. Just like what happened to their parents and them.

“Oppa…” BoA started softly, “It’s only me. You can love. You have got nothing to do with the gang. You CAN love. You are given that chance. If anything were to happen, you will be there. You will be there to protect and love her.”

“Baby…”

“Love Dana. For you know I can’t love anyone but you. I can protect myself, but Dana can’t. Love her happily like how happily in love you want to see me be.”

Yunho looked at BoA silently.

“Oppa… please… if you love her…”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Dana?”

Dana looked up and saw Jae Joong calling out to her. “I heard.”

“Oh… You must think I’m a loser.”

“Course not.”

“He rejected me.”

“He didn’t reject you, he just didn’t say anything.”

Dana frowned. “You sounded like BoA.”

Jae Joong smiled. Now isn’t this conversation beginning to sound familiar?

“Yunho likes you. He just got his own problems.”

“How do you know?”

“Where do you think I went to, gone for so long?”

Dana smiled, her eyes shining brightly, “Really?”

“Yeah~ Don’t tell anyone I told you though.” Jae Joong grinned at her.

“I see someone is good at making people smile.” A voice said.

Jae Joong and Dana turned to see a dry BoA and Yunho making their way down the stairs.

Jae Joong rolled his eyes. “I think somebody’s jealous.” BoA said in a sing-song voice.

“NO I’M NOT!” Yunho retaliated and blushed.

“I think so too.” Jae Joong chuckled. He held onto BoA’s shoulder and started to steer themselves away from Yunho and Dana.

“HEY YOU BLONDIE! GET YOUR HANDS AWAY FROM BOA!”

Everyone groaned.

“Later Micky. We got something important to settle here,” Yunho complained.

Jae Joong stuck out his tongue, and grinned sheepishly.

Micky’s eyes widen, and he pouted.

BoA smiled at him and pointed to Yunho, mouthing, “watch”.

Yunho took a deep breath. “Dana… I’m so sorry… for blowing you off like that. I was just worried for you. Being around a cop isn’t easy, you may just be preyed and taken as hostages. I’m scared for you.”

Dana listened intently and nodded, silently thanking Jae Joong for telling her those words beforehand.

“But BoA told me that there’s nothing to be afraid of, for I will be there to protect you. And I know I will.”

Dana smiled.

“So will you forgive me and give me a chance?” Yunho looked down, shuffling his feet.

A tear rolled down Dana’s face as she gave Yunho a hug, surprising him.

“Awwwwwwwwwwww…” BoA, Jae Joong and Micky went.

“I was away from you half a day and you’ve gotten yourself a girlfriend?” Micky pouts.

“Yoochun Oppa. Dana’s been staying here for quite some time. How is it half a day ‘away’ from you? His heart was long gone.” BoA joked.

Micky clutched his heart while the rest watched him. “You hurt meeeeeee~”

The crowd bursts into laughter.