Chapter 10

Hidden Secrets

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!” Yunho exclaimed, shock written all over their face.

Before Jae Joong could even reply, BoA stirred from her position and slowly sat up with her eyes close. “Who’s there?”

“NOBODY!” Yunho panicked and hit BoA at the back of her neck with his elbow. She let out a cry and fell back onto her bed.

“YAH! WHAT DID YOU DO TO BOA?” Jae Joong ran over towards BoA, but was stopped by Yunho.

“YAH! WHO DO YOU THINK CAUSE THIS MESS?” Yunho boomed.

“HOW CAN YOU DO THAT? SHE’S YOUR SISTER!”

“IT’S ALL YOUR FAULT! YOU MADE HER CRY! AND NOW SHE’S FINALLY ASLEEP, YOU JUST HAD TO COME AND MAKE HER FEEL WORSE!”

Jae Joong flinched at Yunho’s last sentence and sighed. He stole a glance behind Yunho at BoA. Yunho grabbed his arm and pulled him out of BoA’s room. “Let’s talk downstairs.”

Yunho led Jae Joong down the stairs and was met by Uncle Dong. “Sir, is everything ok?”

“Yes Uncle Dong. We will be expecting another guest. For now, leave us,” Yunho sighed, emphasizing on the ‘another’. Uncle Dong bowed at him and left.

“What are you doing here?” Yunho asked as he pulled out the seat from the living room’s table.

Jae Joong sat down across him and gave him an apologetic look. “To apologise.”

“Right…”

Then there was silence. Jae Joong knew he is at fault this time, but he just can’t talk comfortably to Yunho. They aren’t even friends. “Guess my socializing skills aren’t that good after all.” Jae Joong muttered under his breath.

“Well, BoA told me everything. I don’t know why she bothers to be so upset over you though. We’ve all just met each other yesterday.”

Jae Joong didn’t know how to reply Yunho, so he just looked down, away from Yunho’s glare. “Da*n. Why am I afraid of this guy anyway! I’m a gang head for goodness sake!” he thought.

“So… do you like my sister?” Yunho glared at him sternly in the eye.

“Umm…” Jae Joong stuttered. “He’s so straightforward! AHH!” Jae Joong panicked.

“You better tell me the truth. Or I will forbid you to see BoA again.”

“YES! I DO LIKE HER!”

“But you’ve just met her yesterday.” Yunho questioned.

“You can’t just explain why you like someone.” Jae Joong rebutted.

“Which qualities do you see in her?”

“She’s sweet, pretty, nice, talented and friendly.”

“My friend has got those qualities too. Do you think you could date her instead?”

Jae Joong just stared at him wide-eyed. “What kinda freaky brother are you?”

“I’m BoA’s freaky brother. And too bad for you, I’m her only family too. You want to date her, get past me.” Though on the outside Yunho looks protective of BoA, he is actually laughing at Jae Joong.

“Well, I don’t think my heart will race if I ever get to see your friend.”

Yunho went silent for a moment and smiled. “I’m pleased with you. Welcome to being a new candidate for BoA’s possible boyfriend.”

“What?” Jae Joong asked, bewildered.

“Well, like you said, BoA is sweet, pretty, nice, talented and friendly. Do you seriously think that you’re the only suitor?”

“So she’s really like what Hyorin describe? A b*tch that toys with others feelings?!” Jae Joong accused.

Yunho pushed back his chair and grabbed Jae Joong by his collar. Jae Joong pushed him away and stared at him fiercely.

“Stop accusing others! Did you ever see it with your own eyes?! Is BoA really such a person in your eyes?! Your heart feels that way? You b*stard!” Yunho said and threw a punch at him.

Jae Joong shifted his head aside and caught Yunho’s arm. Yunho attempted to kick him at his legs. Jae Joong jumped to avoid the hit and by doing that he has to let go of Yunho’s arm.

Both of them moved back from each other and stood in stance position. Yunho gave him a smug look and said, “You’re good.”

“You are not too bad yourself,” Jae Joong smirked.

“HI! I’M DANA! BOA’S FRIEND! YOU MUST BE HER BROTHER!” Dana exclaimed, lifting her hands towards Jae Joong for a handshake. “WHAT ARE YOU TWO DOING?”

Jae Joong just glared at her and gave Yunho a quizzical look. Yunho just groan. “Umm… nothing much… exercising? Actually… I’m not… he is…” Jae Joong explained, pointing at Yunho.

“OPPS! HAHA! SORRY! HI! I’M DANA! BOA’S FRIEND!” and she lifted her hands again, but this time towards Yunho, for a handshake.

Yunho took it and said, “Jang Yunho. BoA’s umm… sleeping in her room.”

Jae Joong let out a laugh. Yunho shot him a look that says “I’m so gonna eliminate you from the BoA’s boyfriend candidate list”. Jae Joong looked away and kept his mouth shut.

“She’s in upstairs. Second room at the right.” Dana gave her thanks and ran upstairs.

“The only person that likes BoA is Micky. You’re the second.” Yunho said, walking towards the house kitchen. Jae Joong decided to follow him as he know that he wouldn’t be able to hear him in a few seconds, judging from the size of the house.

“That cute guy yesterday?”

Yunho shot him a look of disgust and knitted his brows together, “Are you gay?”

“YAH! IF I WERE I WON’T LIKE BOA!”

“Then I guess you don’t really like her then,” Yunho smirked and threw Jae Joong a can of coke.

Jae Joong just scowled at him. “I’m sorry.”

“What? What for?” Yunho asked, sipping his coke.

“For hurting BoA and calling her a b*tch. I don’t know what has gotten into me. It’s just… when I heard Hyorin telling me those things… I really want to slap her… Hyorin I mean, not BoA. But I was just to shock to do anything. You get what I mean?”

Yunho just nodded his head and listen intently. Yunho seems to feel Jae Joong’s concern for BoA. He decided that Jae Joong really did liked BoA. If BoA weren’t important to him, he wouldn’t even feel anything.

Yunho smiled at him and said, “Well… judging from upset she was… I guess… you mean something to her too…”

Jae Joong’s face lit up when Yunho finally said something that warmed his heart and gave him a boost. “So you will let me be with her?”

Yunho furrowed his brows and say, “Yah… you guys aren’t even dating yet. I couldn’t care less. Not because I’m not worried. It’s just because my best friend likes her too. To be fair, I would help neither.”

Jae Joong smiled, seemingly satisfied with Yunho’s decision. “But I will kill anyone that hurts her.”

“Of course…”

“YAH! WHERE ARE YOU GUYS!”

“*groans* She is like three quarter my size, but her voice… GAH! Like gorilla’s!” Yunho groaned, rolling his eyes.

Both men left the kitchen and walked back to the living room where Dana was freaking out.

Jae Joong and Yunho seemed to notice something amiss and ran up to her.

“What’s wrong?” Jae Joong asked.

“BOA! BOA! SHE… SHE…”

Yunho grabbed Dana at her shoulders and shaked her with all his might to calm her down. Jae Joong just glared and thought that if he shaked anymore, Dana might just break into pieces. Jae Joong grabbed Yunho’s arm and stopped him. Yunho just glared at Dana with irritation and ran up the stairs.

Halfway there, he heard Dana said, “SHE’S NOT WAKING UP! I SHOOK HER LIKE MAD!”

Jae Joong just stared at Dana wide-eyed. Yunho u-turned and walked the stairs huffing and puffing. Jae Joong stifled a laughter.

“AREN’T YOU GUYS WORRIED? SEND HER TO THE HOSPITAL OR SOMETHING!”

“Umm… Dana… she will wake up… she’s just… umm…just…” Yunho threw Jae Joong a pleading look to help him out.

“A deep sleeper!” Jae Joong shouted out.

“YES! A DEEP SLEEPER! DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP Sleeper…” Yunho let out a sigh of relieve.