Chapter 16

Hidden Secrets

( 2 a.m )

“Boss, they will carry out your orders once you give them a signal,” Changmin said.

Everything seems to be going the way he wants it to be. He nodded his head, suggesting that it should be carried out now. He tapped his fingers on the table while Changmin contacted their men.

“It’s done.” Changmin reported.

Jae Joong smiled. “How long do you think it would take for the other 2 gangs to find out that we have eliminated the Shim gang?”

“I bet in 15mins the Jjang’s will be calling for an emergency meeting,” Changmin responded.

“I bet 10,” Jae Joong smirked.


“RINGGGG!”

“Hello…” a sleepy BoA picked up her phone and responded.

“Boss! You better come over now.”

BoA shot up her bed and started changing quickly. She grabbed her bag and car keys and dashed down the staircase and out the door. She slammed her car’s door and drove off at a high speed.

Within 5 minutes, she was already at the entrance of her company.


BoA pushed opened the heavy doors of her meeting room and walked in without smiling.

She sat on her chair and demanded then to tell her what has happened.

“The Shim’s been eliminated.” Uncle Woo spoke up.

“What?” BoA replied, her eyes widen in disbelief.

“Someone killed everyone in the Shim family and almost everyone in the gang in one night. This has never happened before Boss. The one that attacked must have high power to do this. We may be facing gangs from outside. We are now awaiting your order.”

BoA shut her eyes and heaved a sigh. “ Contact the Kim’s and the Park’s for an emergency meeting now. I will hold the meeting on my own.”

“Boss! You can’t! If you do, all these years of effort would go to waste! I will hold it! Just give me your orders.”

BoA thought carefully, before nodded her head.

“The agenda would be getting someone to watch over their businesses, find out who’s the culprit, how to prevent it from happening to other gangs and making sure the police doesn’t snoop around. Report to me right away after the meeting.”


“They’ve called.” Changmin shook and lowered his head.

Jae Joong smiled, walked towards him and patted him on his back. “Remember $10,000 by tomorrow afternoon.”


“Hello…”

“Jang Yunho! I’m reaching your place soon! We’ve got a big case!”

“Be right down.”

Yunho quickly changed, put on his belt and slot in his gun. He grabbed his ID card and phone and rushed down the stairs only to be greeted by BoA who had just softly closed the main door.

Yunho stood in front of BoA, stared at her and frowned. His eyes then widen suddenly and he shook his head. He stepped away from BoA and left the house, slamming the door.

BoA turned herself to face the door. “Was that disappointment I saw on Oppa’s face?” she asked herself.

“BoA?” A soft voice called out from the top of the staircase. “What was that all about?”

“I think Oppa’s got to go back to the station. You know, duty calls. Go back to bed.”

“Oh…” Dana replied, stifling a yawn before looking at BoA up and down. “Did... you just came home?”

“No…? Of course not silly.” BoA walked up the stairs and lightly grabbed Dana on the shoulders, turned her around and pushed her in the direction of her room.

“Good night!” BoA said, before slamming the door of her room.


“Jang BoA!” Yunho shook BoA roughly.

BoA peered her eyes opened and grabbed her head. She peeked at her clock that says 5 a.m and groan. “What is it Oppa? It’s 5 a.m.”

Yunho dragged BoA out of bed and shook her hard. “Did you do it?”

BoA grabbed her head with one hand and pushed her brother away with the other. “Do what?”

“You know exactly what I’m talking about!”

“Shush! Do you want to wake Dana?” BoA said fiercely.

“So you do know what I’m talking about!” Yunho whispered furiously.

“Of course I know. It’s such a big incident would you think I wouldn’t know?”

“Did you or did you not do it?” Yunho questioned.

“What do you think?” BoA glared at him in the eye. “You know I can’t tell you anything.” It was meant to be a fierce glare, but Yunho saw hurt in her eyes.

Yunho face fell, BoA’s face changed from anger into disappointment. She turned around and climbed into bed. She rubbed the tears away from her eyes and pretended to return to sleep. Yunho scolded himself mentally, sighed and left BoA’s room.

“RIIIING!”

“Hello…”

“Boss… We still have no idea who did it but everyone in the three gangs are now on high alert.” Uncle Woo reported.

“Ok… so who is taking care of Shim’s businesses?”

“The Kim’s.”

“What?! We don’t even know who the new Kim is! Did they offer to take it?”

“The other gangs don’t know whom the Jjang head is. But they still allowed us to carry on with our businesses. And no they didn’t offer to take it.”

BoA sat in silence for a while and shook her head.

It was Uncle Woo who spoke up. “You know we would never ever meddle with drugs. You know that. And the Park’s says they are too busy with their recent dealings to keep up with the Shim’s businesses. Only the Kim’s seems to not reject the idea.”

BoA still didn’t reply.

“It’s only temporary till we select a new gang.”

“All right,” BoA heaved a sigh. “I guess this is the only way out.”

“How’s Yunho taking it?” Uncle Woo asked.

“You know him. It’s always the same thing he does when situations involves us.”

“And you know him as well. Don’t take it to heart.”

“I know.”


“We’ve got it.” Changmin said triumphly.

“I knew we were gonna get it. The Jjang’s simply won’t touch drugs.” Jae Joong smiled.

“I guess our research did help.”

“Of course. One down, two more to go.”

“Are we going to strike again soon?”

“Not just yet. Let’s lay low for a while. Let’s just enjoy watching the police and the other gangs scurrying around looking for clues they will never find. But in case they do, just in case, we shouldn’t be killing anymore people for a while.”

Changmin nodded his head in acknowledgment.

“So did they catch a glimpse of the Jjang’s head face?” Jae Joong asked.

“Nope. They sent a representative. I have to say they are as careful as us. Perhaps even more since they are able to hide his identity for so many years.”

Jae Joong frowned. He was very curious who the Jjang head might be. The one who kept the gang running smoothly, the one that made sure all the gangs are in harmony, the one that wasn’t hungry for power.