Chapter 18

Hidden Secrets

“Dana? Where’s BoA?” Yunho asked.

Dana shrugged, even though she knows where she was. It wasn’t easy to lie to Yunho, but she couldn’t get her friend in trouble with her brother for skipping school. They are still upset with each other.

Yunho sighed. He thought of taking BoA out to lunch, to beg for forgiveness. He ran his fingers through his hair and took a good look at Dana. Dana was fidgeting away, avoiding his glances.

“You are lying.” Yunho deduced.

“No I’m not.” Dana replied, putting up a false front. Well, technically, it wasn’t a lie. She really didn’t know where BoA and Jae Joong went.

“Fine. Will you be seeing her then?” Yunho asked.

“At home.” Dana said. She was hoping Yunho wouldn’t notice her uneasiness of lying and facing him.

Yunho sighed and put his hands into his pocket. “Might as well.” He thought.

“Let’s go for lunch together.”

Dana blinked. “Us?”

“Yeah… us… why?” Yunho said.

“But I have classes afterwards.” Dana stuttered, partly from shock and partly from happiness.

“You still got to eat. Besides, there’s no harm missing a lesson or two. I heard BoA said that you are really good in school.”

Dana blushed and nodded dumbly while Yunho pushed her towards his car.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“BoA told me.” Dana said, while poking at her food.

“She told you what?” Yunho asked, prodding carefully.

“She said something about you suspecting something that she has not done.” Dana said. “Was that even a proper line?” She frowned, thinking hard.

Yunho laughed. “Yes it is silly.”

Dana blushed. “How I wish we could be like this all the time.”

Yunho noticing her blush, blushed as well. He scratched his head and looked away.

The two sat in silence. “I…” Dana said.

Yunho glance at her and waited for her to continue her sentence.

“BoA is very… Umm… What the heck… I like you. Very much actually. From the first time I saw you, I like you.”

Yunho stared at her sudden outburst.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


“Is something bothering you?” Jae Joong asked.

“No.” BoA shook her head.

“You’re a bad liar.” Jae Joong smiled and looked away. The sea was pretty calm today, just like how he felt when he was with BoA. Calm, happy and beautiful.

“It’s Oppa. He suspected me of doing something that I didn’t do.” BoA murmured softly.

Jae Joong raised his eyebrows. “What did he suspect? It seems pretty serious.” He thought.

“I’m sure he has a good reason for suspecting.” Jae Joong reasoned.

“He does. I’m not really unhappy about being accused, even though it doesn’t feel good. I’m just unhappy that he didn’t trust me.”

“Yunho is just being the brother he should be.” Jae Joong said.

“What?” BoA stared at Jae Joong, disbelieved. “By suspecting me is a brotherly thing to do?”

“No. It’s just that, suspecting can be a form of worry too. If he doesn’t care, he wouldn’t even suspect.” Jae Joong shrugged.

BoA frowned. What Jae Joong had said made sense, but it didn’t make sense as well. “Umm… ok?”

Jae Joong laughed. BoA always has the power to make him smile and laugh the way he has not before, not even in front of Changmin. She made him happy, made him smile. “Here goes nothing.” Jae Joong thought.

“BoA?” Jae Joong spoke up, looking at BoA’s distinguished features.

“Hmm…?” BoA replied, looking out at the sea.

“I…” Jae Joong stuttered.

BoA turned her head and looked at Jae Joong in the eyes. She smiled. “U…?”

“Man, how I love the way her eyes crinkle when she smile.” He thought silently. “Umm… Nothing.”

“You sure? If you say so.”

“Damn… why didn’t she press on? Stupid stupid stupid Jae Joong. I should have finished it. When will I be able to speak up again?” He groaned, lost in his own thought.

When he ‘return to earth’, BoA had already taken off her shoes, and was kicking at the water with her bare feet. Jae Joong smiled. The sunset was beautiful. The orangey sunrays hit BoA’s form and made her look as though as she is glowing. BoA turned to look at Jae Joong, smiled and wave heartily.

Jae Joong laughed. He returned her wave and walked towards her. He pushed her into the waters and laughed. “You should have seen the look on your face. HAHAHAHHAH! I should have film it for you to laugh at!”

BoA laughed silently but pretended to growl. She swept her leg at Jae Joong’s feet, making Jae Joong fall on his . “OW! Hey! Not fair!”

BoA laughed, splashed him with water and ran away from him grasp. “That’s called retribution.”

Jae Joong followed and started chasing her around ‘their’ beach, laughing, smiling, as though as they were the only ones on earth.