Chapter 26

Hidden Secrets

The siblings immediately turned their attention towards the door and they saw a shadow running away. “Dana…” Yunho muttered and chased after her, with BoA right behind him.

Thank goodness they have got a long staircase and Dana was still on it. Yunho jumped down to the ground floor from the top while BoA chased after Dana with unnaturally fast speed.

They trapped Dana in between them, leaving Dana breathless, confused and afraid. “Dana…” BoA started.

“Are you going to kill me now? Like how you killed many others? All those nights you were away, you went to kill?!” Dana screamed, trying to make herself look unafraid and turned her attention to Yunho. “And you knew? What crazy siblings are you two? You’re a cop Jung Yunho!”

“Dana! I have never killed!” BoA grabbed Dana on her shoulders and shook her.

“Don’t lie! I heard everything!” Dana hissed, glaring at them with hatred in her eyes.

“She really didn’t kill anyone Dana!”

“You seriously expect me to believe you?!”

“I’m really sorry for you to find out this way. I never wanted you to find out. But I swear! Dana I swear! I have never killed! Neither did anyone in my gang! We never kill!” BoA exclaimed. “Don’t you know me well enough?” BoA asked her sadly.

Dana kept quiet. “It’s because I know you so well it scares me now.”

The silence in the Jang’s mansion was intimidating. It was a girlfriend versus boyfriend, best friend versus best friend, siblings versus housemate, quarrel.

Finally, Dana nodded slowly after contemplating. “I want to know everything. From top to bottom.”

Yunho and BoA gave a sigh of relief. That is how important Dana is to them.

“Promise you won’t tell?” BoA said, holding out her pinky.

Dana pushed her hand away and said, “We shall see. Besides, do I look crazy to you? One is a cop, and one is a gang head. And both can kill. I’m too young to die.”

BoA frowned and looked at her hand sadly. That was the last on the list she wanted; for Dana to be afraid of them oe despise them and drift away.

Dana just laughed, though awkward. “I was just kidding! One is my boyfriend, and one is my best friend. I love you guys too much to see you guys in jail!”

“I think,” Dana added silently.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“So that’s it? You were just fulfilling your father’s last wish?” Dana frowned.

“Umm… ya…” Yunho replied uncertainly.

“Cheeh. I thought they would be like some struggle or something…” She was cut off by Yunho, who knocked her on her head.

“YAH! What were you thinking?!” Yunho boomed.

BoA smiled. “Well… at least Dana knows now. We don’t have to be all secretive around her.”

“True. But that doesn’t mean I agree that I’m fine with this.” Dana said.

BoA and Yunho nodded. They understood, for they couldn’t accept it as well.

“So you won’t tell?” BoA asked softly.

“Of course,” Dana smiled and lifted her pinky. BoA shook it and smiled.

“So what do you guys do?” Dana asked curiously. “Sell drugs?”

“No… Smaller gangs sell drugs. We deal with weaponries. And only hand guns. Massive weapons are just going to danger more lives.” BoA answered.

“Does that mean your gang is a big gang? Umm… and that didn’t really make sense as hand guns are guns too.”

“Yeah~ But that’s the least we can do. It is also to make sure we don’t get ‘attacked’ by other gangs.”

“What? Other gangs? Just how many gangs are there?”

“Many. But those that have power would only be the Kim gang, Shim gang, Park gang and Jjang gang, which is our gang. Though the Shim gang has recently been eliminated.” Yunho answered, and glared at BoA.

“I can’t tell you anything Oppa. Don’t look at me.”

“So… what’s with the power thingy?”

“Obviously, one is because we have more people in our organization and we earn more money and do the more dangerous dealings. Two, sometimes we get ‘attacked’ by gangs out of the country who wants to claim positions. The 4 power gangs’ job is to make sure they don’t get what they want. Three, the power gang would have to negotiate with the gangs of other countries for dealings. Like for us, weaponries. All 4 gangs do not deal with the same things; this is to make sure we don’t steal each other businesses. It’s like a balance, though it is our gang that holds the most power. Four, we have to make sure the smaller gang doesn’t get too big and overtake our positions.” BoA explained.

“But if the power gang don’t negotiate for drugs, how did the smaller gang get hold of it?”

“The Shim gang is in charge. Well, they use to. They negotiate, buy it, and sell them at a higher price to the smaller gangs. Just earning the money of those smaller gangs made them rich. And since they are eliminated, currently the Kim gang takes care of their businesses till we decide which ‘smaller’ gang has enough authority and power to become one of us. The Kim gang is in charge of the technologies. Smart people. They help mess up the police system when we want to import illegal goods. Of course, they use to help the Shim’s with drugs as well, which was part of the reason they were given the job of the Shim’s business. The Park gang steals artifacts and sell it to some old filthy rich people overseas.” BoA explained patiently. She noticed that Dana kept nodding her head and Yunho was busy scribbling.

“OPPA! WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING! I’M TELLING TO EXPLAIN TO DANA. NOT TO LET YOU GET HOLD OF INFORMATION!”

Yunho grinned sheepishly. “Well, it may come in handy some day.”

“GRR! YOU BETTER NOT LET IT OUT! YOU WOULDN’T BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF!” BoA roared.

“So… the company don’t really designs and make clothes huh?” Dana asked, disappointedly.

“Of course it’s real! We really design and make clothes. You have been working there! Does it look fake to you?” BoA asked.

“No…”

“There you go. It just so happens that people in my gang works there. It just makes it easier for us to have our meetings.”

“Oh… So this secret is only known by the 3 of us and those in the company?”

“Not all in the company, but most. And of course, everyone in this household knows.”

“AH WELL! I HAVE TO ADMIT THIS GANG THING IS PRETTY HARD, CONFUSING AND INTERESTING!”

“YAH! Don’t you dare meddle with it! It’s bad.” Yunho warned.

“Yes. I would rather you not get involve. It will be bad, like me.” BoA joked, though her heart was breaking.

“I didn’t mean it that way,” Yunho said softly.

“It’s ok Oppa. It really is bad,” BoA muttered.

“Oh well,” Dana started, trying to change the topic, “Just you know that I love you two all the same.” Dana reached over and gave BoA a hug.

“What about me?” Yunho pouted.

“Get your own buddy,” Dana joked.

“Ewww…” Yunho scrunched up his face in disgust. “Oh well, I shall ask it from my Chunnie tomorrow.”