Chapter 14

Hidden Secrets

“So… that’s it?” BoA asked, her eyes widen in confusion. Jae Joong just nodded.

There they were, sitting in the restaurant that they went yesterday. BoA and Jae Joong was trying hard not to remember that awful scene yesterday, but apparently, the staff there wasn’t going to let them by pointing and whispering like almost every one minute, as if waiting for them to put on another good show. Jae Joong just sighed at his dumbness yesterday.

“Weird. I can’t believe you and Dana actually came over last night! And I totally didn’t know about it.” BoA frowned.

Jae Joong grabbed his cup of coffee and looked away. He just couldn’t snitch on Yunho.

“And Oppa didn’t even mentioned it this morning! I’m pretty sure he’s getting old now.” BoA chuckled. Jae Joong smiled.

“You know… I’m pretty curious to how you and Yunho are pretty skillful in the martial arts.”

“Ahahaha…” BoA laughed awkwardly. “My parents thought it would be safer for us.”

Jae Joong raised his eyebrows. “Safer from what?” he thought.

“I mean. My parents were quite rich.”

“Ah… you mean safer from kidnappers and all. That made sense.”

“Of course it did! Ahahaha…” BoA looked away, avoiding eye contact.

“Well! Who do we have here?” BoA turned around to face the new voice. It belonged to Changmin.

Junsu smiled sheepishly and waved. Jae Joong glared at them and Junsu tried to pull Changmin away but to no avail. That boy was just too tall and ate too much.

“Hi guys!” BoA greeted with a smile on her face. “Join us for lunch?”

Jae Joong gave a slight growl as Changmin quickly pulled out a seat and sat next to BoA. Junsu sat next to Jae Joong. Not that he had the choice. Changmin sat and kept on grinning at Jae Joong. Jae Joong silently reminded himself to get a new best friend.

“So… what were you guys talking about?” Changmin said, still grinning while looking back and forth at the two of them.

Junsu rolled his eyes and decided that looking at the menu would be better than constantly feeling death glares shooting at him and Changmin. “I’m here on a mission! Not participating in their love lives!” Junsu frown. Not that he wasn’t curious at what they were talking about.

“Your order please?” A waitress came over and gave Junsu a winked. BoA frowned in disgust while Jae Joong just shook his head, Changmin just grinned and Junsu turned back to them and gave them a horrified look.

Junsu ordered for himself and Changmin. While the waitress took the menu from him, she accidentally brushed against his hand. But then again, maybe it was on purpose.

BoA still had that disgusted look on her face when she left. She almost didn’t gagged. Jae Joong who couldn’t stand women who come throwing themselves at men, as he feels that it makes them lose their worth, said, “Junsu, can you stop doing that?”

“Do what?” Junsu exclaimed, pulling his hair. The three of them always get into “trouble” like these, and usually Junsu is the one who gets chided. Don’t ask why, even he doesn’t understand why. But he knew Jae Joong was joking. It was his bad, partly. But oh well, whom could he blame for his good looks and cute smile.

Changmin just grinned. “Junsu ah. You love me don’t you?”

“What?!” Boa choked on her water, Jae Joong rolled his eyes, Junsu’s face turned red.

“YAH! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? AISH! I’LL BLAME IT ON MY GOOD LOOKS AND CUTE SMILE!” Junsu grumbled, still shocked though.

Changmin just laughed like heck. “You should have seen the looks on all your faces. Man! I wished I had my video cam with me!”

“So… you guys are gay huh…” BoA probed cautiously.

Jae Joong and Changmin laughed. “Of course not!” Changmin said in between breaths. “I was just trying to show you how conceited Junsu is!”

“YAH!” Junsu glared. He was supposed to be against them. Gosh! How did they become friends?

“You know… I’m ok with gays… you don’t have to laugh it off…” BoA started again.

Jae Joong and Junsu glared at her seriously. BoA looked so serious, Junsu thought she might have been planning on a killing, if she was one of them.

Changmin began to bang his forehead against the table while making miserable soft sounds. “Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.”

BoA patted his back and said, “Aww… it’s ok… I won’t make fun of you. I promise.” Changmin just banged even harder.

Jae Joong and Junsu didn’t know whether to laugh or to cry. He had brought it upon himself. But Junsu was more on the wanting to cry side. He’s now a gay in BoA’s eyes.

Jae Joong gulped down his cup of water and started slowly, “BoA… they are not gay.”

“Aww… you don’t have to lie for them. I don’t hate them you know.” BoA turned to smile at Changmin sitting next to her. “Cheer up! There’s no need for you to be upset about you being gay.”

Changmin continued banging his forehead against the table, this time harder than before, and he was practically wailing. Junsu had tears in his eyes. “I’m not gay!” His inner voice screamed.

“Changmin Oppa. Stop hurting yourself. Junsu Oppa is going to cry. If you are hurt, he will be hurt too.” BoA reasoned. Changmin just wailed even louder, and Junsu was exasperated.

Jae Joong sighed and looked around the restaurant. Looks like they have provided them with another good show. And a very different one from yesterday too. “This is going to take a while.” He heaved a sigh.

“BoA…” Jae Joong tried starting again.

At that moment, BoA’s phone rang. “Sorry. Hold up. Hello? Oh hi Dana! Oh you coming over to my place tonight? Oh! I’m sorry to hear that! Oh anyhow! You can stay with me for as long as you like! Of course! Well, I will be home soon. Make yourself at home. I know you can’t wait to see Yunho Oppa. Haha. Bye.” BoA chuckled. It was sad for her to hear that Dana got thrown out. But she was happy that Dana is coming over to live with her. She was her first best friend after all. After Yunho. After Micky.

Jae Joong smiled and continued, “As I was saying…”

The waitress came over and laid Junsu and Changmin’s food on their table and winked at Junsu again. Jae Joong couldn’t take it anymore and said, “Would you just stop winking?”

The waitress just huffed and walked away.

BoA glared at her while trying to comfort Changmin. Little did she know she was just making it worse. Jae Joong grimaced at the thought of BoA still thinking that Junsu and Changmin are gay. That’s just gross. She probably glared at the waitress for she thinks that she was the one who started this mess.

“Bad service.” Jae Joong muttered under his breath. “Are you allowed to flirt with your customers at work?” Jae Joong shouted so loudly, everyone heard.

The manager hurried over and apologized. “I’m really sorry. This meal is on the house.”

“Do I look like I can’t afford it? It is not free meals I want!” Jae Joong hissed. The manager could only carry on apologizing and left after reprimanding the girl in front of them. Not that Changmin and Junsu could be bothered though.

Jae Joong sighed when Changmin was still crying and Junsu still had tears in his eyes after the whole manager-scolding incident. This is the last resort. “Changmin ah! Your food is getting cold. It’s not going to taste good.”

Changmin immediately shot his head up and started eating.