Chapter 35 : The Truth Behind It All - Hidden Secrets

Hidden Secrets

“Where do you think you are going Kim Jae Joong?” Yoochun’s grandfather snickered, pointing his gun towards Jae Joong, as he wiped the blood of others that was smeared on his face away.


Junsu and Yunho raised their arms to point their guns at him. But before they even aimed at him, they heard a gun shot that was so near to them, causing them to lose their sense of hearing for a few seconds, as they see Jae Joong falling, almost dropping BoA, wrapping his arms around BoA’s head, protecting it from the impact of the fall.


“I’m sorry BoA. I failed to protect you.” Jae Joong whispered, grabbing BoA’s hand tightly as he felt his world fading into darkness. Saranghae


“JAE JOONG!” Junsu and Yunho screamed, as Yunho turned to find that Hyorin was the one who shot Jae Joong. He raised his gun and shot Hyorin on her arm, so she can’t fire anymore but still won’t die immediately. At that moment, he noted that the police were winning this war.


“So…” The Park’s gang Head’s smirked drew Yunho back. “Who’s next?”


“You…” a cold voice said, standing next to Junsu.


“Yoochun? Hahaha! You won’t kill me! I’m your only kin! I’m your grandfather!” The Park’s Head laughed.


“YOU.ARE.NOT.MY.GRANDFATHER!” Yoochun said through gritted teeth, as tears fall out his eyes. He pulled the trigger, shooting him in the arms.


Yoochun closed his eyes as he heard his grandfather’s body meeting the ground.


“BOA!” Yunho kneeled down next to BoA and cried as Junsu noticed that his counterparts have already captured all of the gang members apart from the dead ones and were giving orders for the medics who were already stationed outside long ago to hurry in.


Junsu grabbed Yoochun’s right shoulder firmly and said, “You did the right thing Yoochun. Really.” before Yoochun followed the medics transporting his grandfather into the amblance.


As the medics lifted BoA and Jae Joong’s lifeless body out of the hall, Yunho followed closely behind.


“OH MY GOD!” Dana muttered softly as she saw BoA covered in her own blood, not moving. She ran towards BoA and held on to her hand as both Yunho and herself stepped into the ambulance.


Throughout this ordeal, Changmin was not at least concerned about the possibilities of him, Jae Joong and BoA getting send into jail, he wasn’t even thinking about it. All he knew was that his best friends are injured and needed him, as he got into the ambulance transporting Jae Joong.


“Dad…” Junsu started.


“Go Junsu. Explain to them. We can take care of the things here. They need you.”


Junsu nodded as he gave a brief smile. “Thanks Dad.”


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

( At the hospital )


“How is he?” Changmin rushed up to the doctor the moment he stepped out of the operation theater. Jae Joong had been inside for one hour.


“He is fine. The gunshot did not injure him to the extent where it would endanger his life. He should be waking up in an hour’s time.”


Changmin and Junsu let out a deep breath, as the Jae Joong was pushed out of the theater.


“Doc… is it ok that you place him in a double room? So that he can share the room with Miss Jung?” Junsu requested.


“I’m sorry Sir. Only married couples can share a room.” The doctor replied.


“They are getting married soon but this unfortunate event had to happen. Can you please just close one eye to this?” Junsu begged, as Changmin gave him a look of uncertainty.


Changmin had no idea who this guy is anymore. He didn’t know if he could trust him. But he nodded nonetheless, for Jae Joong, as if to confirm Junsu’s words.


The doctor sighed. “Alright. I will make the necessary arrangements.”


“Thanks…” Changmin said, as he followed the nurses pushing Jae Joong.


“Changmin?” Junsu called out softly. “I will explain to you guys later.”


Changmin turned his head at him, looking as if he has lost interest in everything.


Junsu gulped and took a deep breath. “I’ll go check on Yunho and the others.”


Changmin nodded, as Junsu see Changmin walking further and further away from him.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


“Doctor! How is she?” Dana asked furiously as she shook the doctor’s arm.


Yunho just lifted his head from where he was sitting. His heart had been pounding like hell for the past few hours. He felt as though as he had already died a few times. Junsu squeezed his shoulder, reassuring him that BoA will be fine.


“We have done our best. Although she is no longer in danger, she has lost a lot of blood. Whether or not she’ll wake up and when she will, it’s all up to her now.” The doctor said sympathetically, as he walked away.


Yunho didn’t know whether to feel happy or to continuing crying. His baby sister was out of danger, but it was possible that she may never wake up.


Dana cried, as she saw BoA getting pushed out by the nurses. BoA looked smaller than before. There was no colour on her usually pink cheeks, no smile on her usual smiling face, and no twinkle in her now closed eyes.


Yunho wiped his tear-stricken face as he stood up, giving Dana a firm hug. “Don’t cry. BoA is a strong girl. She is my strong girl. I believe in her.”


Dana nodded, as they followed the nurses down the hallway, with Junsu dragging his feet behind them.


xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


Jae Joong’s and BoA’s bed was situated side by side, a small table with glasses and a jug of water on it was the only thing that was separating them.


Yunho sat on the chair next to BoA’s bed, as he smooth her hair from time to time. Dana sat on the chair next to him, with her hands entwined with Yunho’s left hand.


Changmin and Junsu sat on the couch opposite the foot of their beds, each on one end.


Junsu switched his glances back and forth Jae Joong and BoA, not wanting to miss out a chance of seeing them make a move or even flinch. Changmin just stared blankly into the space in front of him.


Suddenly, between switching his glances, Junsu thought he saw someone move, but wasn’t sure if it was Jae Joong or BoA. But he stood up immediately, gaining the attention of everyone in the room. At that moment, Jae Joong stirred and slowly opened his eyes.


Changmin immediately rushed to his side and called, “Jae Joong? How are you feeling?”


“BoA…” He whispered, as he struggle to sit up. Changmin helped him and Junsu pointed towards BoA.


Jae Joong turned his head and saw BoA lying on her bed, her face still twisted in agony. Jae Joong stifled a cry as he reached out to touch BoA, but he couldn’t reach her.


Yunho gave him a small encouraging smile, as he stood up from his seat and place the chair in between their beds, as Junsu helped Jae Joong onto the chair.


Jae Joong was wincing in pain, but his heart hurt more than his physical pain, his BoA is hurt.


Jae Joong placed his hands over BoA’s, and realized how cold they were. He grabbed her hand into his as he placed the other over it, cupping her hands.


Yunho sighed, he was happy that Jae Joong had at last made it to the airport, though a little too late. He seems to have remembered something out of the blue, as he turned his face to meet the gaze of Junsu’s. “Care to explain? Is Yoochun’s grandfather the Park’s gang head? And you’re an undercover cop…placed at Jae Joong’s? Why…”


Junsu gulped and cleared his throat.


“Perhaps I can better explain it to you.” An unknown voice surfaced.

Yoochun walked in behind him, slouching, with tear marks all over his face.


“Dad!” Junsu called out, as he walked towards the new visitor. “Umm… guys… this is my father. He is the one that is leading my team in the force. Err… As well as this mission.”

“You mean you guys knew Yoochun’s grandfather will be there to create mayhem?” Dana asked, upset that the police knew something like this would happen, but didn’t stop it in time.


Yunho didn’t say anything, but instead stood up, wanting to introduce himself. He knew that they must have been waiting for the Park’s Gang Head to appear. He himself is a cop, he knew better. Junsu’s dad smiled and patted him on his shoulder, gesturing him and Yoochun to take a sit. Changmin stood up too, but to leave.


“Wait. Take a sit Mr. Shim. I know all of you. Including what you do.”


Changmin frown slightly, and retreated back into his seat. Jae Joong was just sitting on his chair next to BoA. He couldn’t care less on what was going on in the room or whatsoever. He was just watching over her, wanting and waiting for her to wake up.


“It’s nice to finally meet all of you. Let me… let me start…” Mr Kim said, as he took a deep breath. “There are a lot of things that all of you don’t know that dates back way in time. Things are much more complicated, surreal, dramatic and unbelievable. Do you mind if I start with a story?”


Yunho looked at him quizzically, but nodded nonetheless.


“Very long ago, almost 25 years ago, there was a rising power in the underground gangs and that person threatens to destroy national security with power overseas. It threw everyone in the Government in frenzy for nobody knew how or when he was going to take action, how he looked like or anything about him. Even though he was an anonymous person, but he was still able to send shivers down everyone’s spine at the mere mentioned of him or of his gang. The force knew we had to take action before anything drastic happens. It was then decided that unless we can infiltrate his gang, it was not possible to overthrow or at least overtake the power he had.”


“But you guys don’t know who he is. Which leads to…?” Yunho spoke up. Mr. Kim nodded before continuing.


“We knew the only possible way to stop him was to find a gang more powerful than his. We will provide the gang with weapons, technology, everything to get them to the top and suppress that particular gang’s power.”


This got Changmin’s attention. “The police force working with gangs? That was totally unheard of,” he thought.


“But there was no one we could trust. So the force had decided to make our own gang. Push our own kind to the top.” Mr. Kim paused, as he sees the confused faces sitting before him.


“We chose two cops from our team at that time to undercover as Gang Heads. As Head’s of two different gang. Just in case one didn’t make it. We gave them weapons, technology, money, deployed many cops to help them along, everything we could to push them to the top as quick as possible. We helped them escape the eyes of other policemen. We allowed them to do illegal dealings inside and outside of country, just to get the underworld to believe that they are capable of great things and vote for them to be in charge. Just trying to get them to the top took years. To our surprise, both cops made it to the top.”


“Two top gang heads?” Changmin looked at him in surprised, as if something had clicked. Yunho just frowned, forming deep creases on his forehead.


“Yes. And that particular gang head did not take action during those years, thus we were pretty sure he had heard of them and their rising powers that he had decide to push back his evil deed. And bingo, we knew we caught him where we wanted him to be, we have to arrest him as soon as possible. But he wasn’t named one most powerful gang for nothing. He really never leaves any evidence behind after every dirty work, giving us no chance at all of arresting him, even though by that time we knew who he was. And we can’t just arrest him like any other suspects, he will know immediately that someone betrayed him and when that happens, years of work would have gone to waste.”


“Just like what happened today. That past powerful gang is the Park’s Gang. And that two undercover Gang Heads…” Yunho began analyzing as he speaks. “Is my father and Jae Joong’s father…” Yunho’s eyes widen as everything hit him.


“Very smart, Yunho. Why do you think you guys were never caught?” Mr. Kim nodded. “Then your father married your mother. Then came Jae Joong’s parents’ marriage. Then you came along. Then Jae Joong, then BoA. Working undercover for so many years, working as something that wasn’t our original intention, your arrival was like the little light of hope casts upon our lives, not just your parents. But we were afraid that you will come to harm. Then came Jae Joong soon after. Sadly, his mother passed away due to complications during labour. Everyone on that team swore on our lives that we will protect you kids. Then it was BoA. She was such a precious little thing. We were all deprived of normal lives, and you three, became our lives. That is why Jae Joong, Changmin, BoA and you were asked to keep your identities a secret. Not just to protect you, but to make sure you do not really take part in any of the gang related works. Everything passed down by you guys would be passed on to cops that were also working as your men. Why do you think we insist of keeping your identities a secret even after you guys are old enough?””


Yunho closed his eyes as he was stunned, he had misjudged his father, he had caused his father’s death. If only he knew this… But he was touched, for he knew all of them were loved.


“We knew you will be there to protect your sister and she will be there for you. But Jae Joong was always alone. So his father adopted Changmin. Changmin knew nothing of the police works. He was raised as Kim’s own. But we have heard that he always think of himself as someone Jae Joong’s father depended on to exchange his life with Jae Joong’s when danger arrives.” Mr. Kim paused, looking at Changmin, who looked back at him in surprised. “We’re really sorry to let you harbour such thoughts.”


“I’m loved…” Changmin whispered.


“Of course you are.” Jae Joong said across the room, still looking at BoA. “You are my brother.”


“But why was this mission dragged on for so long? And passed to us?” Yunho asked.


“Because the Park would definitely want his position back as the most powerful gang. It happened when your father died. He could ask for some other cop working undercover as his men to take over, but he had asked for you to take over the gang. I guess he was still upset over your mother’s death, since she was killed by Park, who actually wanted to kill your father. We realize his intention was for you to arrest Park yourself to get revenge for your mother. But who knew BoA would be the one to take up the job? We figured we had no choice. You two were too young to understand any of these undercover businesses anyway. So the Jjang’s Gang continued to function under BoA, just like it used to function under your father. We had never expected you to join the force though. And then Jae Joong took over naturally as a successor of his father when his father passed away. We couldn’t tell him the truth and we cannot stop him from taking over the gang for he was old enough to realise he is the natural successor. And Junsu here, was sent on an undercover job to get close to Jae Joong and so call help him along by not committing crimes, and to protect him from Park.”


“You mean you led us to believe we were offsprings of gang heads and had no choice in life but to lead the gang? You mean we actually need not worry for our lives and just live our lives like any other people. My god! We are all living a lie all these years! Don’t you feel guilty of stripping us from our innocence? Don’t you feel guilty for taking away our lives?” Yunho hollered as he stood up from his seat and began pacing around the room.


“I’m sorry, Yunho. And not just to you, but BoA, Jae Joong and Changmin too.”


“Sorry? Sorry?!”


Dana stood up and held his arm firmly, stopping him from pacing. “Yunho, I know you are in pain. Even though I wasn’t part of all these things, even though I had never gone through thing you and the rest went through. But I understand that the police had no choice. You are one too. I’m sure you understand that. You are not the only one that involuntarily joined this cat and mouse game.”


Yunho bit his lower lip. He hated it when Dana is right. He sat back down his sit and crossed his arm over his chest as he sighed.


“So what is going to happen to us now?” Changmin asked softly.


“Park died. Hyorin would be sentenced to jail for life. Jae Joong will get to keep Kim Corp and BoA will get to keep Jung’s Fashion. They were never used for the gangs. It was just reported so to you guys just to keep up with the coverup. Yunho and Junsu will continue their jobs as cops.”


“What about Yoochun?” Jae Joong suddenly spoke. “I’m sure he knew nothing of his grandfathers’ act.”


Yunho nodded furiously. Yoochun just looked at Jae Joong blankly, taken aback by his words.


“He can keep his job as a cop. He wasn’t involved in any of these. It was just unfortunate that he is the grandson of Park.”


“BoA… you heard that? Everyone can go back to their lives. We are not criminals anymore. No wait, we were never criminals. We can lead our lives normally now. We don’t have to be afraid of anything now.”


Yunho smiled slightly and walked over to Jae Joong’s side. The lives that the siblings had always wanted to lead have finally arrived. “BoA… Wake up… Guess what? I realized that there is no one fit for you but Jae Joong.” He chuckled lightly. “I guess I can trust him with my baby sis don’t you think so, dimples?”


Jae Joong gave Yunho a weak smile and turned his attention back to BoA. He shook her lightly. “BoA…?”


BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP


“BOA!”


“GET THE DOCTOR!”


“OH MY GOD!”


“BOA!”


“DOCTOR! DOCTOR! HELP! HER HEART’S NOT BEATING!”


“OH GOD PLEASE DON’T!”


“BOA! PLEASE! WAKE UP! PLEASE! I NEED YOU!” Jae Joong cried.


Don’t cry Jae Jae… I’m here… I will always be here…


“NO! BOA PLEASE! OPPA NEEDS YOU!”


I’m sorry Oppa, I know Dana will take good care of you for me.


“BOA! NO!”


I’m sorry for not returning your love Yoochun Oppa.


“BOA! NO! I NEED YOU! BOA! I NEED YOU!” Dana rushed towards BoA’s bed.


Thank you for loving me as me Dana.


“BOA! PLEASE! LISTEN TO ME! STAY WITH ME! PLEASE STAY!” Jae Joong cried.


I will stay if he asked me to. (flashback : reference to Chapter 34)


TI TI TI TI TI TI TI TI TI TI TI TI


 

THE END

© xiao_yun87. All rights reserved. Distribution of any kind is prohibited without the written consent of xiao_yun87.