Chapter 32

Hidden Secrets

The ride back home was silent. “Don’t you want to explain?” Junsu asked softly.

Still there was silence. It was so quiet that it hurts to breathe softly. So quiet that Junsu and Changmin thought they heard Jae Joong sobbing. Junsu cursed himself mentally for not being fast enough and cursed his fellow police mates for being late.

Changmin looked out the window as the scene outside changes like there’s no tomorrow. He should have not encouraged love between them. Why hadn’t he realized that BoA and Yunho weren’t that simple. He knew that two of his best friends hearts were breaking and he hated himself for not being able to do anything.

Jae Joong let his tears fall out his eyes without care. He was crying for himself and BoA. How he had almost killed her if they were to continue their plan of eliminating the Number 1 gang. How much he wanted to be there for her now. How much… how much they love each other but it has to end like this.

Junsu pulled up the car at Jae Joong’s driveway. Jae Joong dragged himself into the house and up into his room. Changmin and Junsu looked at him wearily as they waved goodbye to each other later on.

Jae Joong flopped onto his bed and closed his eyes. He had never cried this hard before in his life. Not when his mother died, nor when his father died. Never at a point of his life has he felt so vulnerable and needed someone. Not anyone, only BoA. His heart ached.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“BoA?” Yunho said softly outside BoA’s bedroom.

He pushed the door opened when he heard no respond. He the faint orangey lights. As the light bounce off every corner of the room, Yunho saw BoA lying on her bed, her face full of tear streaks but no more tears. She had no more tears to cry. She was void of emotions. She turned towards her brother slowly.

Yunho couldn’t help but let out a small cry. BoA’s eyes looked so dead, so lost, so confused. Yunho pulled her up to a sitting position and hugged her tightly, willing her to cry, but BoA did not cry, she did not even hug him back.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

It has been days since the death of Uncle Woo and BoA still hasn’t recovered from the pain and shock caused by both the death of Uncle Woo and the discovery of Jae Joong being Kim’s Gang Head.

Yunho sat on BoA’s bed, her hair tenderly, afraid to wake her up and to see her just staring off into space with no emotions. Yunho’s heart broke seeing her sister looking paler and frailer by the moment.

Dana had told him the commotion between Jae Joong and BoA after he returned home. Even though BoA had said those hurtful words to Jae Joong, Yunho believed that BoA had said it in the spite of the moment and he truly believed that they love each other dearly. How could he not know? He had seen the look in BoA’s and Jae Joong’s eyes when they talk of each other. Yunho sighed as he remembered that he kept the discovery of Jae Joong’s necklace from his officers.

Yunho kissed BoA’s forehead softly and left her room. Micky stole a look into BoA’s room when Yunho opened the door.

“How is she?” Micky asked sadly, his voice cracking.

“Still the same,” Yunho replied, as he led Micky down the stairs. Micky had naturally assumed that Uncle Woo was the Jjang’s Gang Head for he was at the scene of crime with Yunho and other officers.

Dana returned from the company and saw Yunho and Micky walking down the stairs. Dana has since been helping out at the company more often, since BoA is in no condition to do anything.

Dana gave Micky a sad smile and walked over to give Yunho a hug. “Has she started eating yet?”

Yunho shook his head. “Maybe I should go talk to Jae Joong. It’s about time I talked to him.”

“You are still going to look for him after what he did to BoA?” Micky raised his voice. He only heard from Yunho and Dana that Jae Joong and BoA had quarreled after Uncle Woo’s death. To him, Jae Joong was just an insensitive as*hole.

“Yoochun-ah… You have…”

“BoA!” Dana exclaimed.

“Oppa…” a soft voice called out from the top of the stairway.

Yunho quickly sprinted up the stairway and held onto BoA. He was surprised that BoA finally got out from her room and not to mention, talk. “Why did you come out of your room?”

“I don’t want to be alone in the room,” BoA broke away from Yunho’s gaze, ashamed of herself.

Yunho let out a small chuckle. “Araso araso.”

Once in the room, BoA faced her brother and said, “Oppa… I’ve decided to leave.”

Yunho kept quiet and contemplated on BoA’s decision. He sighed, “It’s a good idea to take a vacation and enjoy.”

“Oppa… I mean… for good… I’m never coming back…”

Yunho looked at her, loss for words. “You are leaving me?”

BoA smiled slightly at her brother’s silliness. “I’m leaving this place. I’ve thought it over.”

“Must you really? What about Jae...” Yunho stopped.

Tears started to fall out at the mere thought of Jae Joong. Yunho hugged his sister, hoping to give her the strength she needs to be stronger. Yunho felt sorry as he was the one who told BoA to love, but in the end it was her love that took her apart.

“When?” Yunho chocked out.

“2 days from now…” BoA sniffled.

“That soon? Don’t you have to pack?” Yunho asked, as BoA felt his grip on her tighten.

“No. I can do more shopping this way,” she joked, even though at the expense of feeling more pain, “and besides, I’ve already booked the ticket.”

“You did? How come I didn’t know?” This time, she felt her brother shivering slightly.

“Just now, when you left the room. I know I have to do it quick before you dissuade me from leaving.”

The siblings kept quiet as they enjoy the time left together quietly.

“I love you Bun Oppa.”

“I love you too Dimples.”

“Why have you chosen to escape…? Looks like I have to find Jae Joong quick,” Yunho whispered to himself.