Chapter 12

Hidden Secrets

“Brr Brr… You have a message.”

“GAH! Who’s that iffing idiot who messaged me so early in the morning!” Jae Joong mumbled, sitting up from his bed. “EH? What’s an iffing idiot? Now… where did I learn that word from?” He asked himself, scratching his head.

He reached over to the table next to his bed and picked up his phone. He opened the message, blinking his sleepy eyes to read. “Hi! Good morning to you! It’s Dana! I got your number from Yunho! You must be thinking why I’m messaging you right? It’s because I’m here to return you a favor! Our classes ends at 2 today =) and no lunch break too!”

“ARGH! Though it’s a message, I think I hear her screaming.” Jae Joong groaned. “Oh my! Is she… in love with me? Why did she tell me that for?” Jae Joong left his bed and started pacing around his room. “She is BoA’s best friend! How could she?”

“Knock knock”

The door to Jae Joong’s room pushed opened. Changmin stepped into his room.

“I see you’re up!” Changmin chirped.

“Changmin!” Jae Joong grabbed his shoulders, startling him.

“What?!” Changmin jumped.

“Dana just messaged me what time her school ends! What am I going to do?”

“Dana? Oh! That loud girl you told me? That’s great! Go to her school then!”

“What?! Are you crazy?!”

“Well… you will be if you do not apologise to BoA. Isn’t that so?”

“AH! YES YES YES YES! I ALMOST FORGOT! SHE’S HELPING ME WITH BOA!”

“You’re getting weirder each day my friend. Come on down for breakfast.”

“I’m getting dumber,” Jae Joong shook his head. “I wonder how’s BoA… I’ve cause her emotional pain… and Yunho caused her physical pain…”


( Over at BoA’s )

“Morning Oppa!” BoA called out, trying to sound as happy as possible. She had caused her brother to worry yesterday, and she wasn’t happy about it. She’s a big girl now. “Oh Hi Micky Oppa!”

Micky quickly went over to her when he heard her voice, “What happened yesterday? Are you ok?” Micky asked, his eyes filled with worry.

“Of course I’m fine!” She smiled at him. “Though I think I got hit by a truck last night.” She silently added, her right hand massaging her neck.

Yunho, who was ashamed of himself for hurting his baby sister, just snorted at her comment and continued eating, pretending that nothing has happened.

“Aren’t you guys like… gonna be late for work?” BoA asked, raising an eyebrow.

“AH! WE ARE!” Micky screamed.

Yunho just covered his ears, shaking his head as he was reminded of Dana. He blushed and grabbed his pass from the table and ran out of the house with Micky.

“BYE OPPA! BYE MICKY OPPA!” she waved.

Yunho suddenly ran back, remembering that Dana had sent him a messaged this morning, asking him to make sure BoA doesn’t drive today. He doesn’t know the reason why, but he did it anyway. He grabbed her arm, saying, “You are coming with us today! We’ll drop you at school.”

BoA resisted and reasoned, “I can go on my own. Besides, you guys are late.”

Yunho just turned a deaf ear, carried BoA up onto his shoulder at a swift of his arm, went into the house to grab BoA’s bag, came out of the house and placed her in the backseat of Micky’s car. All these were done even though BoA was constantly hitting his back. Softly of course, she wouldn’t want to really hurt her brother. Her brother did hurt her by carrying her though. Her neck was breaking.


( In school )

Dana was standing at the front gate, waiting for BoA. Or maybe not. Her face lit up when she saw BoA waving at her at the backseat of a car. BoA stepped out of the vehicle as Yunho rolled down the window.

“Hey Dana!” Yunho called out shyly, giving her a sunny smile. She smiled back.

BoA gave them a surprised expression and looked at both of them. “You two know each other?! When?!”

“I WENT TO YOUR HOUSE YESTERDAY! BUT YOU WERE SLEEPING THOUGH!” Dana chirped.

“You did?!” BoA asked, frowning. “Why didn’t you wake me up then?”

“AH! It’s a long story! Explain later! We gotta go! By the way, this is Micky!” Yunho babbled. Micky waved and drove off.

“So… why didn’t you wake me up then?” BoA continued, not very happy that her brother left without answering her question.

“I tried,” Dana spoke, softer this time since they were in the school compound. “But you just ain’t waking up. I shook and screamed you know.”

“Weird. I’m usually very sensitive to noise. And I mean VERY! I think I really got hit by a truck last night.” BoA frowned, scratching her head. Dana just shrugged.

“Well, it looks like you are getting along quite well with my brother. Did anything happen last night?” BoA asked slyly, giving her a cheeky grin.

“Nothing!” Dana blurted out. She blushed when she thought of Yunho’s touch on her face.

“Oh really?” BoA pretended not to notice her unusual reaction and gave her a sly look.

Dana then kept a straight face. She decided not to tell BoA about her meeting Jae Joong last night. That way, it will be a surprise for her when she sees him in school later. She smiled to herself.

“Let’s go to class!” Dana grinned, throwing her arm over the slightly shorter girl, giggling to herself as she remembered Yunho’s words.


( Over at Jae Joong’s )

“So we are going to sign the contract right?” Junsu asked, sitting in Jae Joong’s office.

“I think it will benefit both companies if we agree to use their software for our handphones.” Changmin voiced out.

Jae Joong nodded after some thought. “I agree with Changmin. We’ll sign it then.”

Jae Joong signed the contract and Junsu took it, “I will give the representatives a call to ask them to get the contract later.”

When Junsu left the room, Changmin reported, “Jae Joong. We got the girl you want. She was punched in the face. Just a punch. Like you said.”

“Great!” Jae Joong gave him a smile. “That would be a great present for BoA!”

“Gee… she doesn’t even know you were the one who did it.” Changmin reasoned.

“She doesn’t have to know. It just feels great to see your rival get hurt! You know that!” Jae Joong grinned.

“So… ready with your apology speech?”

“Umm… No… You know I’m not good with words. I’m only good at giving out orders.” Jae Joong groaned. “Help me!”

Changmin just smiled. “If I helped, it wouldn’t be a sincere apology. Do it on your own.” He patted Jae Joong on his back and left his office.

“12 p.m.” Jae Joong muttered. “2 more hours to go. I’m dying. Yunho’s gonna ban me from her if I don’t do it well! ARGH! I will kill myself if he’s banning me!”

Jae Joong folded his arms on the table, pouted, and gave some serious thought. “AHA! I KNOW!”


( In school )

“*groans*” BoA pouted. “I’m hungry. Let’s have lunch together! I’m dying!”

Dana just smiled at her at looked around, checking if Jae Joong, or his car, was anywhere in sight. But no such luck.

BoA’s footstep hastened, as she was really hungry and wanted to eat soon. Dana just kept slowing down and looking all over the place.

“Come on Dana! I’m dying!” BoA walked back and pulled Dana’s hand, dragging her away from her spot.

“OH! Who is this here? Isn’t she that flirty b*tch? And that friend.” Hyorin snickered. “I’ve got some good stuff for you!” She reached into her backpacked and got out a package.

Just then, a handsome silver car drove in the school compound, behind BoA and Dana.

Hyorin’s grinned got bigger as she saw that the great looking pretty boy from yesterday stepped out of the car.

Jae Joong saw what seemed to be a confrontation, but he was too busy hiding his laugh to go over to stop Hyorin. “That’s a great punch man! I gotta give them a handsome reward when I get back!”

BoA just looked at her irritably and got really pis*ed off because of what happened yesterday. “What’s with the stupid grin and quarter purple face Hyorin? Having a bad day?” BoA glared.

Dana and Jae Joong just looked at BoA with surprise, clapping with their imaginary hands.

Hyorin’s face turned darker at the mentioned of her bruised face. But she kept her cool and smiled sweetly. “You won’t be smiling when you see this b*tch!” She handed the package to BoA and added, “You ought to thank me for helping you see the true colours of those around you.”

BoA took a look at those photos and her eyes widen. Dana too, only that hang wide opened as well. Jae Joong was so curious of what those photos were and couldn’t resist but to walk over and take a look for himself.

BoA gave Hyorin a smile. “WOW! WHERE DID YOU GET THIS? THIS IS SO WELL TAKEN! RIGHT DANA?”

Dana just looked at her, mouth still agape. Jae Joong took a look, widens his eyes and looked at Dana. Hyorin frowned when he realized that BoA seems to be taking this lightly, and only the unconcerned people seemed surprised.

BoA, still unaware of Jae Joong’s presence, waved the photos in front of Hyorin and said, “CAN I KEEP THIS PICTURES? WHAT AM I ASKING? OF COURSE I CAN! THEY ARE FOR ME!”

Hyorin didn’t know what to do. She is supposed to cry and run away like yesterday! Da*n. “You see pretty boy! She’s crazy! She is not even upset to see her BOYFRIEND with her best friend.”

BoA turned and looked at the direction that Hyorin was talking towards and gasps when she saw Jae Joong. Of course, she was still upset with Jae Joong and she had tried to hide it all morning. “Why did he have to come?” BoA complained silently.

Jae Joong looked at her apologetically and tried to hold her gaze. But of course, BoA looked away. This was partly because she was still upset with him and partly because she had more important things to settle right now.

“You are the one that’s crazy!” BoA rebutted. “With your purple face and all.”

Hyorin glared at her fiercely and raised her hands towards BoA. Jae Joong grabbed onto her wrists before her slap reached BoA’s porcelain face and gripped it tight. He gripped it so tightly that Hyorin thought she was going to lose her hands.

BoA was surprised that Jae Joong stopped Hyorin, even though he believed her words yesterday. Jae Joong took a stepped forward and leaned forward a little to talk to Hyorin face to face.

“You’re crazy! You are trying to make BoA angry by showing her photos of HER BROTHER and Dana together?”

Hyorin eyes widened in surprised. So did BoA.

BoA gave a surprised expression and looked at both of them. “You two know each other?! When?!”

Dana just smacked her forehead.