Chapter 19

Hidden Secrets

“Ahchoo!”

“Oops… Sorry… you caught a cold because of me.” Jae Joong apologized, grinning sheepishly while sneaking glances at BoA.

“Oi… it’s not totally your fault… I guess it was my fault too since I lured you to push me by standing close to the waters.” BoA joked.

Jae Joong laughed, his eyes turning into small slits.

“YAH! Open your eyes and focus on the road!” BoA giggled. Jae Joong widens his eyes, making it look so unnatural as if he was shocked by something.

BoA shook her head, smiling. She looked out onto the streets. It has been so long that she had such fun. Maybe it was just because it’s Jae Joong. Yunho was just such a bore. No doubt she loves Yunho, but it is a fact that Yunho wasn’t interesting. BoA chuckled at that thought. “I wonder what Dana sees in Oppa.”

“Yah. What are you laughing at?” Jae Joong frowned.

“I was just wondering why Dana likes Yunho Oppa.”

“She does?”

“Yeah~ I don’t think she would ever tell Oppa though.”

“Why not? She is such a gori… happy person. She is so free-spirited.” Jae Joong rolled his eyes at his bad come back.

“Free-spirited? You can never imagine what she went through.” BoA shook her head slightly, disgusted at the thought of Dana’s so called father, who was nothing but a and abuser.

“So… she’s not the happy Dana I know?” Jae Joong frowned. He wasn’t expecting that. To him, Dana was loud and is a gorilla.

“She is the happy Dana you know.” BoA smiled, but it did not reach her eyes. “ But she wasn’t happy before. Let me tell you her story, then you would know why I love her so much even though I just knew her.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“Oh hi Dana! You’re home!” BoA chirped, walking into the mansion, still dripping with water.

Jae Joong walked in behind BoA, dripping with water as well, sulking. He looked at Dana pitifully and felt ashamed of himself for calling her a gorilla. BoA noticed his sulk and poked him at the sides. “Smile…” she whispered through gritted teeth.

Jae Joong smiled and sat next to Dana on the living room couch.

“Yikes! Jae Joong! Don’t seat!” BoA screeched, making both Dana and Jae Joong stand up. “Oppa is so going to kill you if he sees you wetting the leather seats! It’s his favorite couch!”

Jae Joong rolled his eyes. “Hey. You wetted the leather seats in MY car!” he complained.

“Ahuh… but that’s different.” BoA hung her head low, hopefully that what she said was a reasonable excuse.

Jae Joong just laughed at the sight. Dana shook her head and sat back down, still not talking. BoA frowned. “Jae Joong, so you mind getting yourself a towel upstairs in my room?” BoA asked, using her head to gesture towards the seemingly upset Dana.

Jae Joong understood and nodded, making his way upstairs.

“So Dana… what’s wrong?” BoA asked, sitting on the floor next to Dana’s feet, facing her.

Dana looked at her silently, as if pondering whether or not to tell BoA. She knew she would have to say sooner or later. It’s either by or Yunho’s mouth. “I just confessed to Yunho.” Dana let out a small shriek and covered her face.

BoA widened her eyes in surprise. “Just when I thought she would never confess.” She thought. “So… what did Oppa say?”

“Nothing.”

“What?!”

“Nothing. Iconfessedandtherewassilenceandhejustsaiditstimetogohome.” Dana said softly, her voice cracking.

“Aww Dana. Don’t cry. Like you’ve said, Oppa is a blockhead. He didn’t reply doesn’t mean he rejects you.”

Dana sat on the ground and leaned against BoA’s shoulder. BoA patted Dana on her shoulder slowly and rocking slightly, as if coaxing a child to sleep.

Jae Joong stood at the top of the stairs and frown. He turned around and headed towards Yunho’s room.

“Knock knock.”

“Come in…” came Yunho’s voice.

Jae Joong twisted the handle and pushed the door opened. Yunho was sitting at the corner of his bed, looking down on his legs, seemingly lost in thought.

Jae Joong closed his door and Yunho looked up. “Oh… it’s you Joongie. What are you doing here in my house, and in my room for that matter, looking all wet?”

Jae Joong rolled his eyes, as he watched Yunho stand up from his position, heading towards his closet looking for clothes. Jae Joong just watched him silently, observing Yunho.

Yunho threw him a t-shirt and a pair of jeans, which of course, Jae Joong caught it. Jae Joong eyed him, as if asking him if he minds that he change in here.

“Go ahead.”

Jae Joong took of his wet clothing, thinking on where to start the conversation about Dana.

“You’re here because of BoA?” Yunho asked.

“I’m here in your house because of BoA. I’m here in your room because of Dana.” Jae Joong answered.

Yunho stiffened at the name. “I overheard what she told BoA. You don’t like her?” Jae Joong asked.

“I don’t know. I think I like her. Sometimes I think I like her more than I know.” Yunho replied. “And more than she knows.” He added softly.

Jae Joong raised his eyebrow. “So why did you reject her?”

“I didn’t reject her. I just didn’t say anything.”

Jae Joong smiled. “You sounded like BoA.”

Yunho rolled his eyes.

“Ok. Fine. Why did you not say anything than?” Jae Joong asked.

“It’s just…” Yunho hesitated. “My job is dangerous.”

“You mean you as a cop?” Jae Joong responded, frowning.

“Yeah. I might be dead, or she might be used as a hostage.” Yunho reasoned.

Jae Joong listened on silently. He nodded his head. “Yunho is right.” He thought to himself. "I can never love her..."