Chapter 23

Hidden Secrets

“If only who feels what the same?”

BoA gasps at the recognition of the voice. She turned around slowly and came face to face with none other than… Changmin.

“Changmin Oppa! You startled me!” BoA exclaimed, patting her chest lightly to calm herself down. “I thought you are…”

“Who?” Changmin smiled. “Jae Joong?” he teased.

BoA turned red and hit him lightly on the arm, “OPPA!”

Changmin laughed and ruffled BoA’s hair. “Aigoo…I’ll leave you two to talk.”

As Changmin walked away towards their room, BoA pondered about what Changmin meant by “leaving you two to talk”. She felt a tap on her shoulder and she whirled around, coming face to face with Jae Joong.

“Oppa! When did you arrive?” BoA exclaimed nervously, her hands crumpling her dress.

“I came up with Changmin.” Jae Joong said, holding onto BoA’s gaze softly.

“You did? Why didn’t I see you? Herherher…” BoA asked with nervous laughter.

“Well, he pushed me into the elevator and asked me to stay inside while he had that small talk with you.”

BoA blushed and looked away. “Does that mean he saw everything?” she asked herself.

Jae Joong reached out to her hands and untied her grips on her dress. He held onto her hands firmly, but tenderly. BoA froze. “Look at me,” he said.

BoA heard him, but was too shy and afraid to do anything. “Look at me,” he said again, this time more firmly and soothingly.

BoA lifted her head shyly, slowly reaching his gaze. “I know we haven’t known each other for a long time,” Jae Joong started. “But you are the best thing that ever came into my life. BoA, would you be my girlfriend?”

BoA drew in a deep breath. She wanted this to happen, but she has never seen this coming. She didn’t know how to respond. Her heart was aching, for now she knows that the love she felt was mutual and she really didn’t want to risk putting him in danger.

Jae Joong saw pain and fear flashed across BoA’s eyes. He released his grip on BoA’s hands and pulled her in for an embrace. “Please… I promise to love you and keep you safe,” he whispered softly, but loudly enough for BoA to hear, and for her heart to feel.

You can love dimples. You can. Just don’t make the same mistakes Dad did. How can we know for sure that I wouldn’t be like Daddy? Because I believe in you.

“Yes…”

Jae Joong pulled BoA slightly away. “What?”

“Yes Jae Joong Oppa. I will be your girlfriend.”

“WOOHOO!” Jae Joong pumped his fist in the air and gave BoA a tight hug, making BoA giggle.

Jae Joong slowly turned the tight hug into a soft embrace. He pulled her in closely, feeling the dent she made in his chest the way she did when they first met. He rests his head on BoA’s, inhaling the scent of her soft hair, and with muffled voice, he mumbled, “I love you.”

“I love you too, Jae Oppa. I really do.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I see somebody’s in a good mood.” Changmin grinned when BoA and Jae Joong came into the room hand in hand, with Junsu strolling in behind them after parking their ride.

BoA blushed while Jae Joong jokingly raised a fist at him. Yunho smiled in contentment while Dana grinned and shriek. “YOU TWO ARE TOGETHER NOW? FINALLY!”

“Aigoo! Dana yah!” Yunho complained while Dana stuck out a tongue at him, pretending not to hear.

KNOCK KNOCK!

The door opened to reveal Micky and… “HYORIN!” BoA, Dana and Jae Joong exclaimed.

Micky waved his hand meekly, and walked in, pulling Hyorin with him. “Umm… yeah… this is Hyorin, my fiancé.”

“WHAT!”