17th tear

Cry [Editing]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lee Minjung, where have you been?" I asked, looking up from the dark as soon as I heard the front door close. Because it was dark, I used my demon vision to stare her down properly, watching as she stiffened in her place.

"Eh? I-I was out with the kingkas and Miso. It was really fun! You should have joined us!" she said giddily as she took her shoes off, "Why couldn't you just skip work for once?"

"You know that we have to pay the rent before Friday which is, if I may remind you, in two days. And yet, we still don't have enough money!" I said, ruffling my hair frustratingly as I stood up. Crossing my arms over my chest, I raised brow, "Besides, you were supposed to take Hana unnie's shift today."

"H-H-How did you know?" she stuttered looking flustered as she played with her fingers. She bit her lip, her eyes not meeting mine.

"Daehyun oppa told me." I said bluntly making her pout. 

"But Miso is actually really, really, really, really nice and cool!" she whined as she sat down on the couch. Scoffing inwardly, I stared at her incredulously and extremely disappointed. 

"But ending up homeless isn't." I snapped, watching as her eyes widened in surprise and most-likely guilt. Sighing, I softened at her before scoffing inwardly, "I don't even care anymore. There are leftovers on the table. Enjoy yourself." 

And with that, I walked up the stairs, but didn't fail to catch her head falling forwards. 

****

The alarm went on, and I quickly washed up before I changed into my school uniform. I stood in front of my mirror, taking a look at myself before sighting until my eyes automatically wandered off to the calendar, checking today's plan. Eclipse. Groaning, I grabbed my backpack before walking down towards the kitchen, only to find Minjung standing by the stove with an apron on. 

"Oh! RiRi, come eat!" she chirped cheerfully as she pulled out a chair for me to sit where in front of the chair laid a plate of delicious looking pancakes. Raising a brow at her suspiciously, I crossed my arms. Pouting at the sight of my face, she stomped her foot, "Are you still mad at me?"

"Let's see... Uhm- Yes." I said before walking past her, making my way to the fridge. Nothing else to eat. Sighing, I turned around just to have my best friend throw her arm around me, her tight grip around me tightening even more. 

"Hye Ri! Don't be mad at me! I'll never skip work again! I'll even do double shift tomorrow, so we can hang out, okay?" she cried as she swung me around. Sighing, I smiled, nodding as I patted her head. 

"Alright." I sighed to which she immediately let me go to and clapped excitedly. Her grin widened as grabbed my hand.

"And we can invite Miso to hang out too!" she beamed, and almost immediately, my smile faded. Miso? When did Miso suddenly become her best friend? Sighing, I pulled my hand back from her grip before pushing her away. 

"Nah, I don't feel for it anymore." I said as I grabbed an apple from the counter before I grabbed my backpack on the floor. 

"W-What? Wait! Hye-"

"Bye, Minjung." I said as I walked out of the house before closing the door. Sighing, I grabbed onto the straps of my backpack. Miso? Her name reminds me of soup. Oh, while I'm talking about soup, I'm hungry. 

Deciding to get my breakfast from the canteen, I walked down the hall, passing the groups of girls as they glared at me. Of course, they would occasionally curse at me most-likely because the kingkas weren't around. After getting my food on the tray, I went to sit by the table by the corner, furthest away from any other student. However, as I was alone, they seized the opportunity to pick on me. 

"! Stay away from our oppas!" they said as they suddenly grabbed their own food in their hands before they threw it at me. Gasping, I stayed silent as the steaming-hot rice hit me straight in the face, and also the cup of water that was poured down my head. 

"Because of you, I lost my appetite!" 

Sighing, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter