Hairdresser in China Town [Chapter 7]

Hairdresser in China Town

Taehyung bit his nails as he anxiously trotted back and forth in the waiting room. His footsteps were lingered in Hoseok’s ears, distracting him to come up with anything to write for his essay homework. He lifted his head up. “Taehyung,” he called, studying the younger’s expression, “are you alright?”

 

Taehyung pulled his fingers off his mouth, “I’m pacing.”

 

“Yes, I can see that,” he replied shortly, his eyes followed Taehyung as he move. Taehyung stopped in his track and plopped down on the couch not far from Hoseok. He brought up his hand as he speaks, “a person who is all right does not pace, hyung.”

 

“Oh, well, that’s why I asked.” Hoseok crossed his arms over his chest, his eyebrows pinched together and his fingers curled around his blue-ink pen. “Tell me about it. Well, because you know, sometimes two heads are better than one.”

 

Taehyung leaned his back to the couch. Closing his eyes, he considered of telling him about the truth. “You can trust me you know,” Hoseok added. “You’ve been acting all weird since last night. You made me worried.”

 

Upon noticing Taehyung were still in the middle of his mind battling, Hoseok jerked his head up. “Taehyungah.” The boy looked at him with a noticeable frown. “Did Seokjin hyung do something to you last night?” Concerned were obvious in his voice.

 

Slowly, Taehyung nodded his head. The beautician’s eyes rounded in shock. “Did he hurt you or something?” he began scanning all over Taehyung’s body searching for some bruise or scars but was interrupted by a hand grabbing on his shoulder. “I’m perfectly fine.” He smiled meekly. ‘Yes, I am physically fine.

 

Relief washed over Hoseok, “so will you tell me what actually happened?” Taehyung pressed his lips into a thin line, unsure how and where to start. “S-Seokjin hyung . . . h-he-” he began but heat already rushed to his cheeks.

 

Apparently Hoseok noticed the pink tint on his face, “did he do anything . . . ual to you?” Well, crap. Taehyung wanted to head-desk right then and there but unfortunately there’s no right desk to do so. That was too straightforward for crap sake. Taehyung abruptly lifted his head up. “No! Not that way.”

 

“Not that way?” he repeated and nibbled on his pen that nearly poked him in the eyes a while ago. “Did he molest you?”

 

“What? No!” he gawked. He mentally slapped himself across the cheek in disbelief. Hoseok is such a good adviser but also incredibly good in asking incredibly stupid questions. “That’s too much, hyung.”

 

“If that wasn’t it, then . . .” Hoseok scanned the surrounding. Noticing no one was around; he scooted closer to the boy, “did he . . . kiss you?” Taehyung gulped down the growing lump in his throat. He could feel his whole face burned bright red in embarrassment. He opened his mouth to say something but his voice is nowhere to be found so he nodded his head as a reply.

 

“HOLY CRAP! SEOKJIN HYUNG DID T—” Hoseok exclaimed loudly but was muffled halfway by panicked Taehyung who covered Hoseok’s damn loud big mouth with his palm. “Damn it, hyung! You don’t need to tell the whole world about that.” He whirled his head around to the door, making sure no one heard them and turned back to Hoseok. “I trusted you!”

 

Jungkook came in by then. He tugged off his snapback and mopped his forehead with his shirtsleeve. He brushed his hair that fell over his eyes with his free hand and slumped down onto the couch at the far end. “Ahh~ so tiring.” He blurted and fanned himself using his hand. He lowered the brim of his snapback, covering his eyes.

 

Ignoring the youngest, Hoseok whispered, “So how was it?” Taehyung went silent. Hoseok tapped his fingers impatiently.

 

“About my confused feelings is a long story.” He swallowed to clear his throat. His lips curved downward forming a disappointed sad frown. “And about Seokjin hyung doesn’t remember anything is another different story.”

 

“He doesn’t remember anything?” Hoseok shrieked.

 

Taehyung shook his head thoughtlessly. “I was beyond annoyed when he said that. That I just wanna stab Seokjin hyung to death on the spot!” he confessed, pain and annoyance could be heard in his voice. “It irritates me, really.”

 

A creaking sound from the cupboard made the duo jerked their heads up and saw a very sturdy back of a person they least wanted to see at the very moment, Kim Seokjin. ‘Crap! How long have he been there? Did he overhear us?’ Seokjin faced away from the cupboard and met eyes with the duo, more to Taehyung to be exact. “You wanna stab me to death?” He slipped his infamous pink apron on, one side of his lips hitched upwards. “I’ll give you one free chance. Try me, Kim Taehyung.”

 

The noises stirred Jungkook awake from his super short nap. He turned his snapback backwards, revealing his sleepy eyes. He tried to roll over but the single couch was too small even for his small body. He sighed and slowly opened his eyes.

 

Taehyung reached his hands out to Hoseok, “hyung, give me the scissors before he changes his mind.” Thoughtlessly, Hoseok handed him his tool bag. He pulled out one of his scissors and pointed it straight to Seokjin’s face. He didn’t seem to retreat the sharp pointy weapon in Taehyung’s hand, instead, like a fool he is, he took a few steps closer. His hands were busy tying the knot of his apron behind him.

 

“Taehyungie,” a cheerful voice called. Taehyung looked past Seokjin and saw Jimin on the door. “You have customer.” He flashed his eye smile before leaving. From there, he could hear Yoongi exclaimed something. But Taehyung couldn’t make out his words. Moreover, he wasn’t sure if it was directed to him either so he decided to brush it off.

 

He drew his gaze back to meet Seokjin’s. “You’re lucky. I’ll let you live for now.” He put his scissors back into his tool bag—that was now tied around his waist—in samurai style. Using his index fingers, he tugged down the little skin under his eyes and stuck out his tongue before walked past him.

 

Seokjin let out a hearty chuckle and shook his head. He slipped back to the cabinet and professionally does some mixing of hair products and hair colour. He seems to completely forgotten the existence of Hoseok who witnessed the whole scene. The beautician grinned in content and satisfaction. “This is fascinating though,” he mumbled under his breath.

 

Curious Jungkook nudge Hoseok in the arm and plopped down beside him. “What’s with them, hyung?” Lazily, he lay his head on the older’s lap.

 

Hoseok bent over and picked up his essay paper on the table. A wide smile was still plastered on his face. “It’s nothing, Kookie. They’re just messing around. Don’t worry about it.” Jungkook furrowed his brows but nodded his head as if he understands the whole situation.

 

Jungkook snatched the paper from Hoseok’s grip. “What’s that hyung?” There was an indignant ‘hey’ from Hoseok. Jungkook jolted up. “I know this!”

 

“You do?” Hoseok questioned in disbelieving tone. “I mean, this is what people in high school learn.”

“Yeah. I’ve just started on this chapter this last night.”

Hoseok rolled his eyes. “Did you even go to high school?”

“Yeah, I am in first year in high school. Don’t look down on me, Mr. University Student. I took night classes.” Jungkook smirked and stuck out his tongue shortly after. “You seem stuck on this since past couple hours. Need help?”

 

Taehyung trailed down the hall to be greeted by loud voices of Yoongi and Jimin. “I can do that too. I can do just as well as Jungkook. Perhaps better,” Jimin stated.

 

Yoongi challenged him. “Show it to me then. You lose then there’s punishment.”

 

Jimin intensely looked at him. “I ain’t afraid of that! And if I win, I must get a reward.” Yoongi hesitated but nodded in agreement.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. ‘They will never get tired with competition, will they?’ Seokjin came out not long after. A thought came across his mind. He would be lying if he said he wasn’t jealous of how close Yoongi and Jimin are. The way they talk, messing around and how they spent time together. It was perfect. He admitted they are really cute in some way. His eyes lingered to Seokjin who had his back on him. If only he could at least have that kind of friendship with him, it would make his whole life. But shame on him, life is not a movie. Reality . He heaved out a huge sigh. He swivelled to face his customer and the rest of the next two hours were spent by him on focusing to his yet another hairstyling masterpiece.

 

“Aish! Seriously why aren’t there customer coming?” Jimin tapped his fingers furiously on the counter table. Yoongi was writing down something on a piece of paper. Occasionally Jimin tried to take a peek but he quickly covered it with his palm. Jimin scoffed. “Stingy brat!”

 

“Jiminah,” Seokjin called while pulling down the curling iron down to the tip of the woman’s hair. He took another strand of hair and did the same. “Don’t you have work at the café today?”

 

“I’m working late shift today,” he answered. He checked his watch. “That is in an hour from now.”

 

Seokjin nodded in understanding.

 

“Jiminnie~” Jimin looked over at Yoongi. “Yeah?”

 

“What will you ask if you win?”

“T-that’s a secret. I won’t tell you now.”

Yoongi lifted his head up and smiled sweetly. “Do you want to know what your punishment will be?”

“No, I don’t even want to think abo—”

“I’ll ask for a kiss.” Yoongi cut him off.

 

Jimin’s eyes rounded. The others including the customers whirled their heads at them—everyone is just as shock at Yoongi’s sudden confession. “W-what?” Jimin stammered. Hoseok, Jungkook and Seokjin slowly went back to whatever they were doing, slightly apologized to their customer that their friends were very close and always random like that.

 

“A kiss.” He puckered his lips and makes a smooch sound.

“Ha-ha! Very funny, stingy hyung.”

“I’m not stingy when it comes to my lips for you.”

“Yea-yeah. Whatever you grease ball.”

 

Jimin could sense the tenseness in the air. He looked up to see Yoongi was approaching him, trying his best to close their distance. Jimin held his breath, his eyes blinked, his mind went blank. Yoongi moved closer. Jimin didn’t pull away, his heart roughly pounded in his chest.

 

“Closer. . . Closer. . .” Jungkook mouthed. He was watching the duo from the other side of the counter, crouching on his knees. The youngest got the best seat for a free live show. Today is his lucky day. Meanwhile, Taehyung uneasily watched over them silently from the other side of the room—with his judging face on—unsure what to do. Should he stopped them or—

 

“Min Yoongi!” Seokjin scowled all of sudden. Hoseok who was busy with his own masterpiece, abruptly jerked his head up.

 

“Ya-Ya-YAH!” Hoseok nonchalantly tossed his cosmetic products in his hands and ignoring his customer, he flailed all his way to Jungkook. Once he thought the distance were close enough, he wrapped his arms around the younger’s face. Jungkook struggled to free himself.

 

That, however, managed to break the lovey-dovey duo apart. Yoongi groaned in annoyance over his fail attempt.

 

“What are you two trying to do in public?” Hoseok beamed. “And please not in front of baby Jungkook. He’s too young to watch this stuff.”

 

“Why? I was curious,” Jungkook whined. Hoseok wagged his finger at him. “No. No. Not when you’re still under eighteen.”

 

Jungkook crossed his arms over his chest. “You’re worse than my mom!” Then he stomped out to the waiting room while mumbled some incoherent words.

 

Jimin couldn’t hide his flushed red face anymore so he quickly stood up. “I-I think I should go now.” He lifted his head up. “See ya.” Yoongi, the slow turtle, got up from his seat when Jimin already left the room. “Park Jimin. Wait up!” The door closed behind him but his voice was still too loud for the others to hear him. “Let me take you to work.” His loud footsteps echoed to the room when he lumbered down the stairs. “And let me love you~”

 

The remaining people in the room went face-palmed.

 

“Hoseok, your class will start in less than an hour. I think you better hurry up and finish you work fast,” Seokjin reminded.

 

Hoseok checked his watch. “Oh my!” He rushed and flailed to finish where he had left out earlier. Thankfully, he only had to put some eyeliner and lip gloss left. Once he was finished, he asked Taehyung to deal with the payment stuff with the lady. And Hoseok himself vanished to the waiting room, packing up his stuff.

 

“Taehyungah!” Hoseok jumped behind him, startled the hell out of the younger boy. He slung an arm over Taehyung’s shoulder, “I’ll get going.”

 

“Sure, hyung. Don’t be naughty. Be good at school.” He stuck out his tongue.

 

Hoseok pulled him into a headlock. “I was the one who supposed to say that, kid.”

 

“Ahh.. OW!” Taehyung winced in pain. “Sorry! It hurts! OW!”

 

With a grin, Hoseok released him. He patted his shoulder and leaned closer to his ear. “Do you know you look like a sick grandfather when you’re not smiling?” He quickly distanced himself away from Taehyung.

 

“Bye Seokjin hyung.”

 

“Be careful.”

 

“No worries. Will do.”

 

However, before Hoseok could take another step, Taehyung jumped to his back—putting his whole weight on Hoseok while slightly chocking him using his arms. “What do you mean sick grandfather?”

 

Hoseok chuckled. “Alright, I’m sorry! Get down little monkey or I’ll be late for school.” Taehyung jumped down and flashed his toothy smile.

 

He embraced Taehyung in his arms before leaving. “See you tomorrow kid!”

 

“And I’m not a kid!” Taehyung smacked him and they erupted in laughter shortly after.

 

Seokjin chuckled wholeheartedly at the sight. Even though the scene was cosy, he couldn’t ignore that in some way, there’s a feeling of loneliness inside him. It hurts but who is he to stop them? He clasped a hand in his chest. ‘What is this?

 


Thank you so much for reading. Please leave a comment and subscribe.

Hey guise~ *guilty* Sorry! I am truly sorry for the late update. Let me chu chu all of you~ >3<

 

And anyway, I can’t help but to love this gif

But to whoever who made this gif . . . I love you, but why did you cut Seokjin out? T^T I mean, I just love his expression, face and everything. Kekeke ;P