Hairdresser in China Town [Chapter 3]

Hairdresser in China Town

“You have no idea how annoying that fat lady was Jimin,” Yoongi grunted, taking off his hat and threw it across the table. He has gone to a café nearby, not far from the saloon where he worked in. The image of the stated fat lady went across his mind and he shivered in disgust at the thought.

 

“Of course I do. It’s no difference like a customer barged into the café, stomping to one of the seat, not even bother to order the drinks from the counter and need I come to his table to take it for him. And when I wanted to do so, he didn’t even say what he wants to drink. Instead he keeps blabbering nonstop and most annoyingly, he threw things around. How fascinating!” the waiter mumbled sarcastically in short breath. “Americano?”

 

“Oh,” Yoongi hung his head on his chest. “Sorry,” he apologized before letting his forehead fall and slammed into the table. Ow. Jimin raised an eyebrow. Yoongi is not the type who apologized to people very easily specially towards Jimin, the all-time favourite boy who tend to be bullied or make fun of by him. Yoongi picked his head up off the table and looked at him, “and yes, one Americano please.”

 

Jimin send in Yoongi’s order to Namjoon, the café’s barista. “Is something wrong with Yoongi hyung?” Namjoon asked curiously while making his Americano. Jimin spun his head to see his friend, “I’m not quite sure either. He’s not himself.”

 

“Something must have happen at work today,” Namjoon murmured.

Jimin shrugged, “possibly.”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Seokjin plugged in the blow dryer. He stretched his back a few times and peeked at his customer who had his hair washed by Jungkook at the moment. He drew his gaze to his wrist watch and it shows a few more minutes until closing time. Oh and talking about closing time, where is Yoongi? Seriously, it’s been about three hours or so since he went out but he’s still nowhere to be seen.

 

Seokjin sighed and ruffled the backside of his hair. And again, for the countless times, he yawned and stretched his arms outwards as far as it could go. Obviously, his everyday work was tiring him too much and without him realizing, Taehyung saw all those actions and it made him frowned at the sight. However he decided to brush it off and proceeds on ironing his customer’s hair as he heave out a heavy sigh.

 

While waiting for Jungkook, knowing that the shop was about to close in few more minutes, he thought he should do some laundry. So, he took the piles of used hair towel and put them into the washing machine. With some detergent added, he clicked some button and the machine went off. Next, he took off his stained apron which had hair colours all over and threw it to the sink. Of course he washed it clean before he hung it to dry.

 

He glanced again at Jungkook who had signalled him he has done washing the man’s hair. The young boy ushered the customer back to his seat with Seokjin following not far behind them. “Ah, Jungkook, great work today,” he patted the younger’s shoulder. “Since you’ve done with everything, you may leave early.”

 

“Really?”

“Yeah,” Seokjin replied.

“Woah. Thanks hyung!” Jungkook said cheerfully. He took his backpack and slung it to his shoulder. “Well then, see you tomorrow,” he paused and turned to Taehyung, “you too, Taehyungie hyung.”

Seokjin nodded his head while Taehyung simply waved at him. Jungkook smiled softly before he swung the door open and ran off.

 

Seokjin took the blow dryer he prepared earlier and ready to blow dry his customer’s wet hair but quickly stopped when his phone beeped. “Ah please wait a moment sir,” he politely excused himself and took out his phone only to find out he got one new text message.

 

Seokjinnie hyung! Yoongi hyung is drunk. What to do? –Jimin.

 

The stylist face palmed.

 

“Is something wrong, hyung?” Taehyung voiced, fully alert at the older’s unusual infamous face palm. He took the money his customer hand him and returned the change. “And pshh~ where is Yoongi hyung anyway?”

 

“Is Hoseok inside?”

“Yeah, probably in there,” Taehyung pointed to the room using his thumb while he playfully spun himself around on Yoongi’s office chair. “Why?”

“Yes? Did someone say my name?” Hoseok piped in, leaning his shoulder onto the door frame.

“Oh Hoseok, can you take Yoongi home? He’s-” Seokjin cleared his throat, hesitated to talk.

“Drunk?” Taehyung finished his sentences.

“How did you know?”

“Lucky guess!” he snapped his fingers, “or probably I’m just that genius.”

“What’s the matter this time?” Hoseok asked. “He rarely goes drinking unless . . . well, yeah, unless something happened.”

Seokjin bit his lip, “I’m not sure either. Will you go?”

 

Hoseok puckered his lip in hesitation or probably hinting on something. “You can go home once you’re done,” Seokjin added, rolling his eyes. Hoseok smiled sheepishly as a reply. “And I take that as a yes. I’ll text Jimin.”

 

I’ll send Hoseok to take him home. He’ll be there in few more minutes. –Seokjin.

 

Seokjin took the blow dryer and began blow drying that customer’s hair. “Sorry about that, sir. Something came up.” He smiled awkwardly and he had said that just to respect the existence of the customer.

 

“Hoseokie hyung~ can’t I join you to the café?” Taehyung pouted.

“Sure you can!”

“Jinnie hyung, wanna join us?” Taehyung offered.

“Uhm maybe next time, I still have some work to do.”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

 

“Hoseok will be here in few more minutes,” Jimin informed Namjoon. Namjoon stared at their friend who’s soundly asleep on the table. Yoongi look so peaceful when he sleep, even if he tend to make fun of people a lot, there is something on Yoongi, something about him is so precious and fragile. Even Jimin, Yoongi’s number one bullied victim, agreed on that.

 

The bell rang, indicating there’s someone on the door. Both Jimin and Namjoon stood up in a speed of light and about to bow to greet the customer. “Welcom- oh Hoseok!” Namjoon exclaimed happily.

 

“Taehyung too, hello!” Jimin greeted, giving his buddy a friendly hug.

 

“Woah! Look at Yoongi hyung! How much did he drink?” Hoseok eyes went twice the size of his original eyes, observing the bottles on the table surrounding Yoongi.

 

“About 6. Or maybe 7,” Namjoon mumbled.

“8 with the Americano,” Jimin added.

“All by himself?” Taehyung asked in disbelief. Both Namjoon and Jimin nodded their head.

“Did something happen earlier?” Jimin questioned.

“He keeps mentioning about fat lady though,” Namjoon added, “what’s that supposed to mean? He refused when we assured him to talk more.”

“Something did happen earlier, that lady is pissing him off,” Taehyung began. Hoseok blinked blankly. He has no idea something did happened earlier.

 

“. . . stupid fatty . . . lady . . .” Yoongi mumbled in his sleep as if he was correcting Taehyung. The others tried to hold in their laugher when they found out Yoongi was sleep talking.

 

“Yeah, fatty lady,” Taehyung added, still giggling.

 

“. . . Eomma . . . Appa . . .” Yoongi spun his head to the other side, “I . . . miss you . . .” and that was followed by some incoherent mumbling words. Namjoon eyes dilated twice as their size. Jimin were quite in shock too as he stuttered, “d-did she mentioned something about Yoongi’s parents?”

 

Taehyung were lost. What if she did mentioned about Yoongi’s parents? He recalled back what he heard and saw earlier, “uhm, kinda, w-why?”

 

“. . . Eomma.” A single tear fell from Yoongi’s closed eyes. Hoseok was trying to embrace him by then but he didn’t want to get weird stares from people nearby. “Poor Yoongi hyung,” Jimin whispered.

 

“Jimin, what time will you close tonight?” Hoseok glanced at the chubby but still good-looking waiter. That white waiter uniform looks really good on him. No kidding. Jimin pulled Taehyung’s wrist to check his watch, “hm. . . In about three hours.”

 

“Cool! I’ll go take Yoongi hyung home first. I’ll come back. If that’s alright with you guys.”

 

Jimin gave him a nod. Hoseok took Yoongi’s arm and wrapped it around his neck. Both figure got up and the other three watched the two leaving until they are out of sight.

 

“Hmph. I feel sorry for Yoongi hyung,” Jimin broke the silence.

“If only we can do something to help him,” Namjoon added.

“I still don’t get it,” Taehyung drew his gaze back and forth towards the two. He was still completely lost.

“Nah~ it’s too difficult to explain things to you,” Namjoon teased. Taehyung pouted at those words.

“Speaking of which, where is Seokjin hyung?” Jimin asked.

 

Something snapped in Taehyung’s thought at the mentioned of the name. “Ah!” His back straighten, “speaking of Seokjin hyung!” Taehyung suddenly smiled widely at Namjoon as he slowly grabbed his hand. “Namjoon hyung, help me with something, yes?”

 

“No.” Namjoon quickly rejected without second thought.

“Hyung~” Taehyung pouted.

“Nahh~ I don’t feel like it.”

“You’re the only one that can help me on this.”

“I know.”

“You’ll help me?”

“No.”

“Hyung~~” Taehyung whined again.

“Taehyung.”

“Please,” Taehyung blinked his eyes.

“You never get it do you?”

“Huh?” Taehyung looked at him, dumbfounded.

“I was just joking!”

 

Jimin laughed at the two.

 

“Yeah, I’ll help. What is it?”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

 

Taehyung went back to the saloon, carrying a plastic bag with him. He bought some drinks for Seokjin from the café earlier. When he arrived at the front door, he slowly grabbed the door knob, turned it and stepped inside. “Seokjinnie hyung? You still here?”

 

“Taehyung?” he paused, “yeah, I’m in here.”

 

A wide smile spread upon Taehyung’s face. He bit his lips as he walked further inside. He took another step forward and saw Seokjin glancing at him, with a broom in his hand.

 

He pulled his white mask down, “why did you come back? Did you forget something?”

 

Taehyung shook his head, “no. I just thought you need this.” He took out the drinks he bought earlier; slowly he passed it to Seokjin which he gratefully accepted it. “We hung out for a while at the café and suddenly thought you- might- uh- well-”

 

“Taehyung-” Seokjin cut him off, “thank you.”

 

The younger rubbed his nape and laugh silently. “Then, drink it well. Take some rest too. Don’t push yourself too much!”

 

“Will do,” he smiled before sipping on the drink and continued with his cleaning chores. “Go home safely, Taehyungie.”

 

Somehow, that made Taehyung’s heart skipped a beat. He even can hear his own heartbeat in his eardrums. What is this? ‘Probably from running just now, yeah, it sure is.’Taehyung keenly gazed at Seokjin’s disappearing figure. ‘I’m so sorry hyung. This is the only way I can come up with.

 

Seokjin sat on the sofa taking a short rest. He gulped down the drink real quick like a thirsty beast. Seokjin drew his gaze everywhere around the room, searching on what to do next, ‘ah~ hair products. I need to refill some of them.’ He stood on his feet and suddenly, thud, he fell forward. His gaze turned hazy. Everything is blurry. Seokjin tried to get up on his feet again and took a few steps forward, that’s when he saw a figure. It was really dull in his eyes. “T-Taehyung?”

 

Taehyung saw Seokjin having a hard time by himself. He seems intoxicated. Well, everything is planned by Taehyung himself though. His hearts feels uneasy, why did Seokjin still trying hard to stay awake? He saw Seokjin taking another step towards his direction and stumbled halfway which Taehyung succeed to catch him before he landed head first to the ground.

 

“Ta-Taehyung?”

 

Taehyung remained silent. Just as he was about to swung Seokjin’s arms around his shoulder, Seokjin pushed him, pinning him to the wall. It’s unbelievable even in this state and situation; he still had some energy left in him.

 

“Tae-Taehyungie?”

 

Taehyung swallowed the lump in his throat. “Y-yes.”

 

“Heh,” Seokjin had a wide smile playing on his lips but his eyes were half closed. “It’s Taehyung, it’s really Taehyung!” he half screamed.

 

“I’m sorry but sleep well, Jinnie hyung.”

 

“Sleep? Did you just say . . . sleep?” Seokjin breathes out a soft laugh. “You’re really cute, Taehyungie.”

 

For a moment, Taehyung heart skipped a beat again and now his freaking heart beat rather furiously, or in other words, twice as hard. Why? First, did he just see Seokjin smile and laugh to-his-face?! Second, he can’t believe his ears. Did Seokjin just say Taehyung is cute while calling him in rather friendly name? And third, for crap sake, their faces were only mere inches away from each other that their noses touched and Taehyung could feel Seokjin’s warm breathing against him.

 

Taehyung quickly recollected himself from his thoughts. He slowly snapped his head up only to find Seokjin was smiling and closing his eyes peacefully.

 

“Hyung,” Taehyung called. “You asleep?”

 

Seokjin didn’t reply. Taehyung shove Seokjin’s hands off his shoulder and swung it across his neck so he could carry him onto the sofa. They stumbled on their way and tripped on something and both of them fell to the ground. Ow.

 

However, Taehyung is not the type who gives up very easily. He pulled Seokjin backup onto his feet and suddenly Taehyung had his back on the wall again, with Seokjin in front of him, pinning him on the spot. He deeply gazed into the younger’s brown orbs.

 

“H-hyung.”

“Shhh~”

 

Taehyung opened his mouth and was about to say something again when he felt a pair of soft lips crashing against his own. In a blink of eye, Kim Seokjin’s lips were on his. Seokjin tilted his head to gain more access to the kiss as he pressed his lips even more. Taehyung could feel his heart exploding right there and then. He blinks innocently before noticing what had happened.

 


Thank you so much for reading. Please leave a comment and subscribe.

Hello guys! Actually I am in trouble after re-reading this story. I totally forgot one thing. Taehyung supposed to have a nerdy image. Or must I say a cool-nerd since he’s a hairstylist? Boohoo~ *sobs* Can’t believe I forgot about that. But well, whatever.

 

And I am deeply sorry for the crappy chapter and the failed first kiss scene. *bows* T^T