Hairdresser in China Town [Chapter 2]

Hairdresser in China Town

Seokjin froze on his spot with the words ‘do you like me?’ playing repeatedly in his mind. What is Taehyung up to now? Seokjin fisted some fabric of his jeans and slowly turned to face in the direction of Taehyung who is unexpectedly standing super close behind him, making Seokjin flailed and stumbled backwards a bit in surprise. Fortunately, his hands works as fast as bullet that he manage to grab on something to prevent him from falling.

 

“Whew~” Taehyung raised both of his hands up, “slow there Mr. Stylist. Don’t wanna get yourself hurt. I was just joking, alright?”

 

Seokjin rolled his eyes in annoyance, ‘you think this is a mothering game?’ If only looks could kill, Taehyung would be a pile of ash right now, that’s how hard Seokjin was glaring at him. He was too tired to deal with this kid so he didn’t say anything. Then he saw Taehyung handing him something, “you forgot this!” Taehyung said, handing Seokjin his saloon tool bag.

 

Seokjin took it, tied around his waist and about to leave when he heard another, “Jinnie hyung~” from Taehyung.

 

“What now?!” Seokjin was half yelling.

“You might uh . . . might as well. . .” the blonde-haired boy made a weird gesture by rubbing his palm on the side of his lips. Seokjin knitted his brows in confusion. “What?”

“. . . I think uh. .”

“Ah forget it!” Seokjin decided to brush it off.

“No! Your drools, wipe it,” Taehyung said, flailing his arms all over the place.

“I didn’t drool!” Seokjin muttered but quickly turned around and wiped all around his mouth using his jacket sleeve. Seconds later he heard Taehyung giggling. Then he drew his gaze to his perfectly dry and clean jacket sleeve, “there’s none-” and that is where he get the point, “Taehyung! Damn it!”

“Got cha, hyung!” Taehyung continued to laugh hysterically.

 

“KIM SEOKJIN!”

 

And again that voice. Seokjin heaved out a heavy breath. He buried his face into his palm and he mentally sighing on his life. “I’m coming, Yoongi!”

 

“YOU BETTER BE!”

 

Taehyung saw Seokjin leaving and wiped off the tears that came out from laughing too much.

 

“Sorry, I’m late!!” everyone’s attentions were turned to the door making Jungkook accidently spraying water to the customer’s face when rinsing her hair. “Oh crap! I’m so sorry ma’am!”

 

Yoongi shushed the late comer from the counter as the others continued on what they’re doing. “I mean. . .” Hoseok slung his backpack that threatening to fall from his elbows to his shoulder, “. . . sorry, I’m late,” he repeated in whispering voice. He sounds breathless; he must be running to get here.

 

He ran to the locker room to put his belongings and start preparation. Jungkook was still in an argument with the lady. Apparently, she was mad for completely ruining her make up. “I’m sorry ma’am I-I-” “Jungkook!” Yoongi called, both of them went silent. “It’s alright,” he patted the younger’s shoulder.

 

“In what way do you mean this is alright, young man? This boy has-”

“Ma’am, listen!”

“How dare you to talk back! Don’t your parents teach you manners?”

 

Yoongi was a little taken aback on that, “don’t you dare to talk bad about my parents!” Jungkook saw Yoongi’s hands were clenched into fist. He grabbed him by the shoulder and slightly pulling him to warn the older not to act recklessly.

 

Yoongi turned his head to the side, not looking at Jungkook but giving him I-know-thanks-for-reminding face. He took a deep breath to cool down his temper. “Ma’am, I’m sorry on what just happened. Today is Jungkook’s first day; well off course he might make some mistake here and there.”

 

“But this is not a little mistake!” she yelled pointing to her face.

 

Damn it this woman! Can’t you shut your damn mouth for a minute or something?’ Yoongi gritted his teeth and Seokjin came by then. “Ma’am, please respect other costumer. Don’t make a fuss for a little thing like this. You’ll make the others feel uncomfortable.”

 

“You-” she began but quickly cut off by Seokjin, “we admit our mistake, we’re truly sorry for that. But don’t worry, we’ll treat you free makeover and half price on your haircut.”

 

“Hm~ sounds good! Why can’t all people be like you,” she sarcastically muttered.

 

Speak for yourself you fatty.’ Yoongi was obviously annoyed.

 

Meanwhile in the other room, Taehyung was fully awed by what he just witnessed. Never even once he found Seokjin dealing with stuff and looking so charming. “What’s with the pretty pose?” Taehyung jumped at the voice. “Were there something interesting out there?” Hoseok continued, peeking outside only to see Seokjin and a lady talking to each other accompanied by Yoongi and Jungkook. Taehyung glanced down, both of his hands are on his cheeks and his mouth was opened in a completed ‘O’-shaped. ‘Did you just get that fully awed by Seokjin hyung, Taehyungie? What’s wrong with you? Ehh-’ Taehyung snapped out from his thoughts, Hoseok was waving both of his hands in front of his face.

 

Taehyung mentally face palmed. “Uh, yeah, Hoseok hyung? Did you say something? Need anything?” he asked the part-timer beautician. “Nothing at the time, I’m just making sure if you’re-”

 

“Hoseokkie~” Yoongi cut him off.

“Yeah?”

“Make everything ready. That fatty woman over there needs your service.”

“Fatty?” Taehyung piped in.

Hoseok burst into laughter, shortly followed by the other two. “Alright, I’ll make things prepare.”

 

Hoseok pulled the drawer and opened some cabinets. He gathered all of his makeup stuff and such. Taehyung went to his side and helping him picked up some of the tools, making sure he won’t miss anything. “So, you’re late again today, hyung,” Taehyung began breaking the silence.

 

“Yeah, school stuff and crappy teacher thing, as usual,” Hoseok replied with a sigh. “Never mind about this one, Taehyungie, I’m fine by myself. You take some rest.” He took whatever Taehyung was holding and put them in his mini bucket.

 

“I just wanna help,” Taehyung pouted.

 

“Well you can help me mixing some more hair dye.” The voice made both Taehyung and Hoseok jumped in surprise and Hoseok dropped the lip balm he was holding in the process. He bent down to pick it up real quick but because he is Jung Hoseok and luck has never been good to him, he accidently kicked the lip balm instead and it flew into underneath the couch. “Damn it!” Taehyung and Seokjin watched the beautician flailing all by himself with a blank expression plastered on their faces.

 

“So, you’re helping or what?”

Taehyung eyed him, scanning him from top to bottom and back to his face.

“Kim Taehyung!”

“Uh yes? Sorry I wasn’t paying attention.”

“Obviously,” Seokjin snorted. “Now mix some more hair dye for me will you?” he said as he hand him the bowl and some bottled hair products.

“S-sure!”

 

Hoseok noticed the unusual expression on Taehyung’s face. He nudge the younger using his elbow. The younger faced him and had a ‘what?’ blank expression written all over his face. “What’s up with you and Seokjin hyung? Did something happen when I wasn’t here?” The blonde-head shook his head, “n-no-none-nothing.”

 

“Ayyyyy~” Hoseok wasn’t satisfied. He grinned as a thought came to him, “Taehyungah, don’t you think that pink apron looks good on Seokjin hyung?”

Taehyung’s back straightened, “Oh my god, you realized that too. Hahaha~ I think it’s cute!”

Hoseok faked a cough. “I sense something unusual here.” He poke the younger’s waist.

“Whaaaat?”

“Nothing~” Hoseok raised his eyebrows in a teasing way.

“Ahh this person, I hate you!”

 

Once Hoseok was done gathering all of his makeup stuff, he arranged them nicely on his cabinet trolley. Being a clean freak he is, he wiped off all dust before putting them in. “Oh right, so are you gonna imagine some fairy tales story between you and ‘him’ from now on?” he muttered while doing his work.

 

“What are you talking about?” Taehyung were more than concentrate mixing this and that into the bowl.

“Just curious,” he shrugged.

Taehyung ignored him.

 

“TaeTaeTaehyung~” Yoongi playfully calling for him from the doorframe.

“Uhm?”

“The fatty lady.”

Knowing what he meant, he nodded his head, “alright. I’ll be there.”

 

“Seokjin hyung!” Yoongi turned to the direction of the great stylist. Both Taehyung and Hoseok faced each other. ‘!

 

Yoongi was still leaning on the door frame, “I’m going out for a while. Need something?” The stylist and beautician in the room both breathe out in relieve and they fell to the ground from weak knees. “I though he heard us.” Hoseok hit his chest, “that was close.”

 


Thank you so much for reading. Please leave a comment and subscribe.