Hairdresser in China Town [Chapter 17]

Hairdresser in China Town

Taehyung huffed out hot air through his mouth and blew the bangs on his forehead. He was free for another thirty minutes until the time that was set on the hair steamer—that he attached on his customer a while ago—ended. He flashed a soft smile towards her before settled himself on the empty seat few feet away. Purposely choose not to rest at the waiting room because Hoseok might as well bomb him with questions and stuff that he wanted to avoid that in the meantime. Not that he hated him or whatnot but he needed space and that beautician seems to enjoy himself on butting in on other people’s business. And that kind of bothered him because sometimes he himself doesn’t know how to answer those question that had been threw towards him.

 

He looked up and saw Seokjin’s reflection in the mirror in front of him. The said man was applying some white liquid on his very own customer that he sure it was some sort of product for hair straightening. Taehyung blank-face was switched into a noticeable frown in an instant. The stylist was cold towards him again and Taehyung couldn’t understand why. Sometimes they’re close and some other time they’re like some sort of mortal enemy. No matter how many times Taehyung tried to search out the problem on their friendship or tried to understand what he did wrong, he couldn’t. He just couldn’t get it. And there’s no way he can understand all those by himself.

 

Well to be exact, it’s been a week since the last time they talk, that was when they’re in his apartment when the older made breakfast for two in his kitchen. He remembered how they ate their breakfast in silence and he can’t bring himself to talk to him due to the silent and coldness given to him as if he was not around.

 

What is it? What is it that I missed out?’ Taehyung thought. He recalled back their interaction within a week since that day. Whenever they passed by each other Seokjin would always ignore him, not even exchanging a ‘hi’ or something. And that hurts him the most because Seokjin talked to the other like how he usually did but not towards him. Not to Taehyung. ‘What did I do that made him mad? Why did he hate me so much?

 

Taehyung buried his face in his palm, trying to shake the thoughts away when suddenly an image came across his mind. He looked up on the mirror yet again which of course was still greeted by Seokjin’s back. ‘And those things behind Seokjin hyung’s shoulder, what was that?

 

He cocked his head. Curiosity washed over him for some reason but he couldn’t face him right now, could he? Nope.

 

“Yah! Jimin hyung! Can you stop?!” the voice of irritated Jungkook snapped Taehyung out from his mile thoughts. “Look at all the mess you did. Let me just do my work by myself,” he ruffled his hair in frustration scanning the puddle of water on the floor made by none other than Jimin. Yoongi’s laughed were visible enough to be heard in the background which Taehyung wasn’t sure what’s so funny about it but still he found it was amusing to see.

 

Taehyung chuckled silently when Yoongi spoke up all of sudden, “Jiminah, no matter what you did, I already won the bet, okay?” He laughed again resulted the younger to pout.

 

“Yah! Don’t pout. That just makes me want to kis—” Yoongi’s word was muffled halfway when Jimin covered his mouth with the palm of his hand. He whispered something that Taehyung couldn’t hear. But he chose to ignore it. He was glad things were going well between the two even though their lovey-dovey-ness was too much for everyone to bear sometimes.

 

Taehyung checked the time, five minutes until his thirty minutes break ended and that’s a cue for him to take out and mix some hair products for the second step of the hair treatment process. He got up and went prepare all those things. Within minutes he came back. But today’s wasn’t his lucky day again because he slipped on the water puddle and fell, knocking his head on the faucet in the process. That was when he notice Jimin hasn’t clean up his mess yet. He glared at the boy while rubbing the throbbing pain on his forehead at the same time.

 

Uhoh~’ Jimin bit his lips nervously, “I..I’ll go and clean that up now.” Before Taehyung could even utter a word, the boy has vanished to the other room. He sighed and Jungkook came over to him by then, “hyung! Are you okay?”

 

Taehyung assured the youngest he’s alright and got up with the help of him. Thankfully for him, he managed to save the hair product he mixed a while ago from spilling out. He breathes out a heavy sigh and walked back to his customer. He could feel Seokjin had his gaze on him be he decided to brush it off. Why? It’s because he was embarrassed.

 

When he came back on his customer, he was greeted by a soft giggle from her. “Are you sure you’re alright?” she asked. To be honest, it was hurt. He could feel his forehead was burning but he’s glad enough he wasn’t bleeding or anything. He hasn’t checked it though; he just knew it from the reflection on the mirror before him. However he still assured her he’s fine.

 

The sun already set by the time they finished their work with only Seokjin and Taehyung survived in the saloon until the end. Jongkook had left because of his night class and Hoseok left early because he has done with his work pretty early. While Yoongi . . . he had left with Jimin for their so called dinner date.

 

“. . . And we’re done!” Taehyung celebrated seeing their last customer of the day walked out the door. He didn’t miss to notice the view of Seokjin stretched his back a while ago. He observed as the older was packing up his stuff. “Hyung~” Taehyung called after gathering up some courage but the stylist didn’t seem to pay any attention to him.

 

“Seokjin hyung!” he tried again, standing few feet away from him this time. Seokjin look up to meet his gaze but didn’t say anything. “Do you perhaps want to get a new hair style?” he offered. “I can do that for you if you want. Your hair has grown much longer now.” Seokjin shook his head as a reply, not even giving it a single thought before going back to clean and packed up his equipment.

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes. ‘What? Is he a mute now or what?’ he muttered silently in annoyance. And it is as if Seokjin could hear his mind, or that’s how Taehyung guess it was when Seokjin turned back to face him and held his hand up right on Taehyung’s eye level making the younger stylist furrowed his brows in confusion.

 

“Can you cut the nail instead?” he asked shortly. Taehyung thought for a moment, “but that’s Hoseok specialities though.”

 

“If you can’t then it’s okay.”

 

“But I can give it a try,” Taehyung exclaimed a little too loudly, stopping Seokjin from his track and turned back to face him. “Only if you don’t mind if it turns out ugly,” he whispered but loud enough for the older to hear him.

 

Seokjin smiled meekly, “I don’t mind.”

 

~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~

 

“Can you do it?” Seokjin asked with an eyebrow rose after a while of observing Taehyung struggling to cut his nail. Flipping and turning Seokjin’s hand was all Taehyung did. It was harder than he thought it will be. Taehyung can cut his very own fingernail but never did he try to cut others. This was the first.

 

“Hyung,” he called still looking down at the nail clippers. Seokjin who had his chin rested on the table looked up at him, making Taehyung gasped noticing how close their distance was when he too, looked up for the first time. They sat opposite to each other which were one of the reasons Taehyung thought it was difficult. So maybe if they tried to sit next to each other and pretend like Seokjin’s hands was his it would have been easier. “Can we sit on that couch over there?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Just follow me.”

 

And Seokjin did as he was told. They sat on the couch and Taehyung positioned Seokjin’s hand next to him by his waist, which was making the older’s arm went across Taehyung’s back—almost back hugging him if only Seokjin tighten his arm.

 

At this, Seokjin’s eyes widen. He was totally taken aback and surprised at the stunt Taehyung just did but on the other hand, Taehyung wasn’t alert of the situation at all. There’s only one thing in his mind at that very moment that he was right and it was easier to cut those fingernails now.

 

But that wasn’t last long though. Taehyung froze when he found another arm s around his waist and some weight rested on his back. He knew he wouldn’t be able to see it but he tried to turn his head anyway. “Hyung. . .”

 

“Stay.” Seokjin whispered, “Just stay like this for a while.”

 


Thank you so much for reading. Please leave a comment and subscribe.

Oh My GOAT! WTF DID I WROTE?! Sorry for the boring fail chapter TnT