Break room blues

The Dating Agency

Minseok sighed and walked over to sit on Yixing's desk.

Yixing looked up with surprised eyes.

"Is there a reason that your big is on my desk." He stated flatly.

Junmyeon stared staring at Yixing and Minseok with narrowed eyes.

"Yes- hey, my is not big!" Minseok protested.

Luhan rolled over and sang cheerily,"Yes it is~"

He tousled Minseok's hair. "It's okay, big butts are nice."

Sehun stuck his in Luhan's direction.

"What about mine?"

"I like your flat, small, unperky the best."

Sehun beamed. "Thanks, hyung."

Luhan waggled a finger. "Uh-uh. Ge. Call me ge."

Kris coughed,"If that's what you're into."

"What was that?" Luhan stared at Kris.

Minseok sighed. "Anyway, has it occured to you that we do not have a break room?"

"Do we need one?" Yixing blinked.

Minseok stabbed his finger in the air. 

"Yes we ing need a break room!" Minseok cried. "Where else can I eat my food? Where else can I relax? Baekhyun works us day and night, yet we have no place to call our own?"

Luhan laughed condescendingly and purred,"Minseok, Minseok, Minseok. My little baozi, Baekhyun pays us to do basically nothing. I think that's good enough, don't you?"

Minseok shouted,"NO! I SAY WE STAGE AN UPRISING! A REBELLION! WE STICK IT TO THE BIG MA-"

Minseok felt something stick against his forehead briefly and slide off, leaving a wet trail behind it.

He picked it off the floor and narrowed his eyes at it.

"The ?"

Baekhyun leaned against the door and fiddled around with another thin black instrument of destruction.

He flipped it around his hand, letting Minseok know that he was ready to fire again, and raised an eyebrow. "You were saying?"

"Is this bacon scented eyeliner?"
 

The next day, Baekhyun slammed down his phone and stared blankly at the wall.

He was in total shock, and he didn't know what to do, so he called the first person on his contact list.

"Chanyeol, my dad died."

"What?"

"My dad just died."

"Oh. OH. OH MY GOD, ARE YOU OKAY? DON'T KILL YOURSELF OR DO ANYTHING STUPID BAEKHYUN YOU'RE TOO YOUNG TO BE THINKING ABOUT SUICIDE."

"Why are you yelling? I'm not going to kill myself, I just needed to tell someone."

"So you came to me?" Chanyeol murmured softly. "You told me instead of Kris or Luhan or anyone else?"

Baekhyun choked out a laugh. "I don't know why I did. I just called you for some reason."

Chanyeol smiled. "Well that's good. Oh , not that your dad is dead but that you called me and do you want me to comfort you- oh god that sounds so sleazy- I mean where do you live if you want me to come over and you can talk to me if you want, I guess?"

Baekhyun sniffled. "I guess. I live over by the agency, a couple blocks down and just go to tallest building. I'm on the fifth floor, the door to the left."

A couple minutes later he heard a frantic banging at his door.

He looked down at himself. He was wearing pajama pants that were way too big and a ripped, oversized shirt.

He rubbed angrily at his face and opened the door.

Chanyeol panted and held up a finger.

"I.... brought you some... some coffee and other food that you might like."

Baekhyun smiled at Chanyeol's flushed face and wind tangled hair.

"Thanks."

 

Baekhyun exited his office and stared gravely at everyone else.

"Guys," he started cautiously. "I'm going to have to leave town for a couple days to attend my dad's funeral."

Minseok coughed,"Karma."

Baekhyun menacingly moved backwards as if to grab his eyeliner stash.

Minseok cowered.

Kris sprung up. "Does this mean that I'm in charge?"

"What makes you think that you'll be in charge, you tall bastard?" Luhan snottily commented.

Baekhyun sighed.

"No one is in charge, but Chanyeol will be checking in on you guys every two days or so."

"Why is Chanyeol checking in on us?" Junmyeon asked, genuinely curious.

Baekhyun replied in a saccharine voice,"So you tards don't burn down the building. A certain someone already caused us to tear an entire goddamn wall down." 

Kris raised both of his hands up and shook his head.

"Correction, that was Tao, not me."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes. "It was your insensitive stupidity that caused it."

Yixing murmured,"You can't really argue with that."

Kris sat back down with a bang and grumbled about how everyone had turned against him and unicorns should really just shut the up.

Baekhyun finished,"Anyway, I'm going. I'm going to repeat this one more time. No one is in charge, unless something really dangerous happens. Then, Kyungsoo is in charge."

Kris and Luhan's heads whipped around and stared holes into Kyungsoo's paling (yet flattered) face.

"And if Kyungsoo somehow gets into an accident, Junmyeon is in charge."

Kris whimpered,"Why him?"

Baekhyun lifted his middle finger, and then raised his pointer finger, flashing a peace sign to everyone with a cheeky smile.

"Deuces."

Luhan whined,"Who even saaaays that anymore?"

Sehun gave Luhan a comforting pat on the back (and a little more in one of the consultation rooms because 'no one is in charge anymore yolo').

 

Minseok printed out a sign and grabbed a piece of tape.

He whistled as he walked over to the other, undefiled consultation room and slapped the sign onto the door.

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked with an amused look on his face.

"Read." Minseok yawned. 

"Brak room?"

Minseok looked at the sign again. ", I left out an e because I was typing too fast."

"Sure you did." Kris muttered.

Minseok jogged over to his desk, grabbed a sharpie, and wrote in a tiny little e.

Sehun turned around and yelled,"MINSEOK, STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE BREAK ROOM HAPPEN. IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN."

Minseok threw down the sharpie and rolled up his sleeves. He squinted dangerously at Sehun. "You did not just quote mean girls at me."

Sehun shrugged with an insolent smirk on his face.

Yixing serenely said,"Luhan, control your ."

 

A/N: unedited