Tao gets his appointment, Jongin attempts to woo Kyungsoo, and Luhan is stupid

The Dating Agency

Tao sat down in the consultation room, finally getting his appointment.

Baekhyun (who had pain patches all over his upper arms), flicked his eyes over Tao's unhappy face.

"Lemme guess, you're here because you want to and whine about Kris."

Tao glared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sighed. "Sorry, Kyungsoo isn't coming in for some reason, Kris is being Kris, Luhan is too busy flirting with Sehun to do any work, the baozi is off somewhere doing who knows what and Yixing doesn't do anything. Am I the only one who does anything around here? Am I the only one who can truly call myself a man?"

Tao rolled his eyes.

"Whatever. You were forced in punishment poses by Luhan, the tinkly gay woodland fairy man, don't even."

"Says the person who left like a puss-"

Tao slammed his hands down.

"Look, I just want to be in a relationship with Kris. Is that too much to ask?"

Baekhyun looked amused.

"With Kris? Yeah."

Tao groaned and smushed his face into the table.

"I'll be right back." Baekhyun hopped out of his chair and closed the door behind him.

Tao heard something crashing and unintelligible screaming that suspiciously sounded like Kris and lo and behold, the door flung open and Kris was shoved in. (with the help of Yixing)

Kris landed in a heap in Tao's lap, head meeting the crotch.

Baekhyun cackled.

"I gave you guys a headstart. Both of you aren't leaving until you work this out. I think I put some saltine crackers in there. If you're thirsty, hopefully you'll work it out before it gets to that point. If not, you can drink his piss. G'luck!"

Kris let out a strangled cry.

He smashed the door shut and- oh my god, Tao thought, was he ing nailing the door shut?

 

Jongin fell back as he was pushed away with surprising force.

The door shut in his face, a loud cracking sound that resonated through the alarmingly still air.

"Kyungsoo, baby, please let me in."

"NO GO AWAY."

"Don't be like this." He pleaded, banging at the door with both hands.

"No. Go. AH-WEEEEEEEEY."

Jongin stubbornly sat on the doorstep, his bottom lip starting to poke out.

"I'm not leaving until you let me in!" Jongin yelled, his bangs falling into his eyes as he silently steamed.

Kyungsoo laughed, his voice cracking and verging on mania.

"You think that you can actually wait me out. YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST MARCH ON IN HERE, RIGHT INTO MY LIFE AND INVADE MY HOME. YOU THINK YOU CAN IN-"

Amber, Kyungsoo's neighbor, sighed and let her head fall into her hands.

"I ing hate my neighbor." She muttered, pulling out her phone and dialing someone. "Kris, can you come- what? I can't hear you over your crying. What? Why? Why are you- okay. Fine. FINE, I'll call Tao instead t- oh. He's in there with you? My bad- I SAID MY BAD BRO STOP CRYING YOU'RE TAKING OUT MY GODDAMN RIGHT EAR."

 

Sehun awkwardly scratched his head, wincing when his chest compressed suddenly.

"Why were Kris and Baekhyun in punishment poses?"

Luhan smiled brightly but his eyes glistened cruelly.

"Don't worry about it."

Sehun inwardly shivered.

"Okay, um, why was Kyungsoo in the bathroom crying?"

"Don't worry about it."

Sehun shuffled his feet. 

"Okay then. I'm just gonna go home."

Luhan was on his feet in a flash.

"WHY?! I mean- ahem- why?"

Sehun's startled eyes grew dull.

"There's no work and there really isn't a reason for me to stay because I'm just the intern who does nothing, so I think that I'll quit permanently soon."

Luhan looked at Sehun with a hurt look on his face.

"No reason? You don't want to stay here with us? With me?"

Sehun was alarmed.

"N-No, it's not like that, but I'm kind of busy with school. Lately the teachers have been piling on homework, and it's only going to get worse..."

He trailed off.

Luhan smiled harshly.

"I see. You should tell Baekhyun if you're doing to quit soon, you know, so we can find a replacement."

Luhan vehemently spat out the last word, practically slapping Sehun across the face with the fact that he could be so easily replaced.

Sehun recoiled like he had been punched right in the stomach.

Then, he smiled back weakly and bolted, clutching at his chest as he ran.