Chanyeol the builder (Can he fix it? No he can't)

The Dating Agency

Baekhyun stared at the hole (a giant ing hole bigger than Luhan's ego, Baekhyun though to himself) and breathed deeply a few times to calm himself.

He whipped out his phone and called Jongin.

"Hey, didn't you say that you knew someone who was good at fixing things the other day?"

"I have to fix my ing relationship right now," Jongin snapped.

"Just give me their name and number." Baekhyun tapped his foot impatiently.

"It wasn't me who said that, you dip."

Baekhyun looked through his contact list as he talked, seeing if there was a name that might jog his memory.

"I am your unrequited love's boss. Don't push me."

"It was one of the other dancers, Taemin, who has a friend." Jongin groaned and hung up.

Baekhyun found Taemin's number and dialed.

"Who is this and how do you have my number." 

"Taemin, this is Baekhyun."

"Oh, hey! What's up?"

"I have a problem, and I need you to help me."

"I distinctly remember telling you that I would do anything except ual favors. Plus, I'm dating someone right now."

"Not like that, Taemin."

"Oh." Taemin's tone brightened. "How can I help you, then?"

"Some tard smashed a hole into a wall in the building I own. Is there anyone you know that can fix it?"

"Jinki hyung can!"

"You mean the janitor that works at the club but they keep him away from the customers and fried chicken because he's so clumsy? That Jinki?"

"I know, you're doubting me, but he also works part time at some fixie uppie place."

"Fixie. Uppie." Baekhyun repeated dumbly.

Taemin sighed. "Look, I'll just give you Jinki hyung's number. It's 010-323-2341."

Baekhyun pressed on the numbers and held his breath.

"Hellooo~?"

Baekhyun relaxed when he heard Jinki's throaty, familiar voice.

"Hey, Jinki, this is Baekhyun."

"How can I help you?"

"I need a wall fixed."

"We don't specialize in wall fixing. Sorry. But, I do have a friend that's apparently good at that. His name is Kyuhyun."

After a few more calls and more rejections ("sorry, I think he forgot that I was talking about minecraft. I can fix walls in minecraft, is that what you need?"), Baekhyun ended up talking to some person named Henry.

"Um, no. I don't even know why they would send you to me. I think I know someone who could fix it. He's pretty tall and is evidently good with tools. Here's his number..."

Baekhyun called the number after looking at the bright white numbers on his screen. They looked suspiciously familiar.

A low voice answered.

"Ayo whaddup?"

Baekhyun paused.

"Hello?"

Baekhyun regained his voice. "Chanyeol?"

"Baekhyun?"

Baekhyun knew that this was probably a bad idea, but he decided to take a leap of faith. (an incredibly stupid idea)

"I heard you were pretty good with tools from Henry. Can you come over to soda and fix something?"

"Sure. Whatcha need?"

"There's a hole. In the wall."

"Oh. Yeah, I'll be right over."

Baekhyun smiled gratefully. At least someone was competent around here.

Minseok slid into the office. "Heyyyy, who's going to fix the wall? And at what time?"

"Chanyeol, and in a couple minutes."

Minseok blinked.

"Chanyeol? Is there another Chanyeol that you know? Because from what Jongdae has told me..." Minseok trailed off.

Baekhyun paled. "What?" 

"Nothing." Minseok said quickly. "I'm sure he can fix it."

Minseok walked out, giggling to himself before telling the others the news.

Baekhyun heard Luhan laugh uproariously and sing,"Yeol the builder!"

Sehun and Minseok joined in. 

"CAN HE FIX IT?" They shouted.

"Yeooool the builder!"

"YES HE CAAAAN!"

 

Baekhyun took in a deep breath.

"Look, Chanyeol, no hard feelings or anything, but-"

Chanyeol interrupted Baekhyun quickly.

"Nope, I've got this. I am doing everything correctly."

"Did you ing look this up on wikihow or something?''

Chanyeol discreetly slid his smartphone into his pocket, blocking the light purplish brown background from Baekhyun's sight.

"Noooooo?"

Baekhyun sighed. "Are you asking a question or giving me an answer?"

Chanyeol nodded definitely. "No. I did not look up how to fix a hole in a wall on wikihow, and I most certainly did not just make the hole in your wall even bigger."

Baekhyun sighed again, a mix of irritation and tough love. 

"Chanyeol, sweetie-"

Chanyeol beamed.

He thought to himself, he called me sweetie! He has a ing pet name for me!

Minseok shook his head slowly, knowing that Baekhyun only called people pet names when he was going to rip them to shreds.

"-normally, I would agree with you and pretend that you didn't make my problem worse, but since you TORE APART THE WHOLE ING WALL I THINK THAT I'M GOING TO-"

Kris quickly grabbed Baekhyun and dragged him away before he could say or do something that he would regret.

Yixing looked up from his computer, pulling his earbuds out of his ears.

He stared at the missing wall and frowned, his eyes crinkling in concentration.

Luhan silently mouthed for Yixing to shut up, but Yixing was never good at reading lips.

"Did we renovate something?"

Baekhyun released a pained wail.